Notices
Sponsored by:

Techart vs H&R springs...

Old 02-11-2019, 09:40 AM
Cman21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stout View Post
Good questions. Box was set up for this setup at TPC Racing and simply installed.
Might need some tweaking.

Cman21
Old 02-11-2019, 02:31 PM
stout
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cman21 View Post

Might need some tweaking.

Cman21
Already custom tweaked for this setup. Problem is PASM wasn't designed to work with progressive springs, and doesn't work so well when the rates compound.

It really isn't bad. Most customers aren't going to notice it, and most will (as I do) enjoy the improved ride most of the time. I was actually surprised how stiff the standard setup was in the rear for a base Carrera in some situations, like going over a speed bump or certain bumps with a bit of angle, so that the rear wheels processed the bump separately. In those situations, which are very common in every day driving, the TechArts are nicer/softer. The "pogo" bugs me maybe 2-5% of the time, and I can usually anticipate it (freeway expansion joints ahead of bridges, bumps/yumps at freeway speeds, etc). But the stock suspension sets a very high bar, and I've driven aftermarket setups that meet or exceed the standard 991.2 setup. If there was a good way to raise the car 0.25-0.50 inch, I might be tempted to live with this setupŚbut now my curiosity has been piqued.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:19 PM
Cman21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stout View Post
Already custom tweaked for this setup. Problem is PASM wasn't designed to work with progressive springs, and doesn't work so well when the rates compound.

It really isn't bad. Most customers aren't going to notice it, and most will (as I do) enjoy the improved ride most of the time. I was actually surprised how stiff the standard setup was in the rear for a base Carrera in some situations, like going over a speed bump or certain bumps with a bit of angle, so that the rear wheels processed the bump separately. In those situations, which are very common in every day driving, the TechArts are nicer/softer. The "pogo" bugs me maybe 2-5% of the time, and I can usually anticipate it (freeway expansion joints ahead of bridges, bumps/yumps at freeway speeds, etc). But the stock suspension sets a very high bar, and I've driven aftermarket setups that meet or exceed the standard 991.2 setup. If there was a good way to raise the car 0.25-0.50 inch, I might be tempted to live with this setupŚbut now my curiosity has been piqued.
I looked at the HR VTF setup when it first came out but wasn't really wanting the helper springs added to the mix. And there just weren't any reviews at that time, also looked at the KW HAS springs which seemed really nice and had some good reviews. I'm sure you'll find something that will make your car ride like you want it to in the future.
On the preset of the DCS Box I wonder how they could reset the ride height sensors to zero without the unit actually in the car. If you change your setup and don't need the DCS Box anymore pm me I'll take it off your hands :-))

Cman21

Cman21
Old 02-11-2019, 10:01 PM
JPMD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Selling my set if anyone is interested

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...28880-2-a.html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Techart vs H&R springs...

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: