Sponsored by:

PPI recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 11:12 PM
sstreime
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPI recommendations

Looking for a recommendation for a shop to perform a PPI in the Los altos, CA area. I called two Porsche dealers in the area and neither said they would do a PPI and neither had a recommendation. Any help appreciated.

Thanks Steve
Old 01-14-2016, 12:14 AM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What kind of car do you need inspected? Plenty of services and shops that do this, but depends on the car.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:07 AM
sstreime
Rennlist Member

2012 991 Carrera S
Old 01-14-2016, 02:24 AM
systemr
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

when i sold my boxster the buyer used dons auto works, talked to the owner and they seem legit:
http://cw.donsautowerks.com/

many PCA members in the area, myself included, service at flintworks and they do PPI as well:
http://flintworksauto.com/

Also I work in the area and am happy to take a look for you in person, another rennlister did it for me when i bought my 2012.5 991 from out of state.

if this this car I see on craigslist you have room to negotiate, I bought a higher MSRP car with fewer miles in oct 2014 for 81k from a dealer - also came with new tires and pads all around. this car should go for 70-71 tops. check out stg's thread if you haven't already
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/5398790065.html

Last edited by systemr; 01-14-2016 at 02:53 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 06:05 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

If this CL car is the one you're looking at, be sure you conduct the transaction directly with the seller and not the consignor. The latter is an easy way to get ripped off.

"Please understand you will be purchasing this vehicle private party from the owner. We only help to market and show the vehicle on the owner's behalf."

Props, though, to the intermediary for spelling 'Carrara White' properly
Old 01-14-2016, 12:47 PM
sstreime
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the leads. Yes that is the car. I drove it on Monday and seems like a nice car. Just not quite comfortable with not dealing with the owner. You read my mind on what I think its worth.

Thanks.

Steve

Originally Posted by systemr
when i sold my boxster the buyer used dons auto works, talked to the owner and they seem legit:
http://cw.donsautowerks.com/

many PCA members in the area, myself included, service at flintworks and they do PPI as well:
http://flintworksauto.com/

Also I work in the area and am happy to take a look for you in person, another rennlister did it for me when i bought my 2012.5 991 from out of state.

if this this car I see on craigslist you have room to negotiate, I bought a higher MSRP car with fewer miles in oct 2014 for 81k from a dealer - also came with new tires and pads all around. this car should go for 70-71 tops. check out stg's thread if you haven't already
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/ctd/5398790065.html
Old 01-14-2016, 12:49 PM
sstreime
Rennlist Member

I am with you. I am told I will be writing the check directly to the owner and not the reseller but would certainly be more comfortable doing the whole deal directly.

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
If this CL car is the one you're looking at, be sure you conduct the transaction directly with the seller and not the consignor. The latter is an easy way to get ripped off.

"Please understand you will be purchasing this vehicle private party from the owner. We only help to market and show the vehicle on the owner's behalf."

Props, though, to the intermediary for spelling 'Carrara White' properly
Old 01-15-2016, 06:09 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 119 Likes on 63 Posts

I had mine done at SP Motorsports, ask for Chasen
Old 01-15-2016, 08:17 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by sstreime
I called two Porsche dealers in the area and neither said they would do a PPI and neither had a recommendation.
Are they complete idiots? What a great way to lose a potential service customer. When I sold my boxster my dealership was more than happy to do a PPI for the buyer and give me a ride home when I dropped it off. I guess things are different in the bay area where everyone works for Google and if you don't drive a 918 you're not worth their time.
Old 01-17-2016, 12:59 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 66 Posts

Well it could be the issue that if they find a problem they're inhibiting another dealer from making the sale - I know that sounds bizarre but with the need for dealer trades, you need to be able to cooperate...

Last edited by BlackBeauty; 01-17-2016 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:32 PM
sstreime
Rennlist Member

Just a quick thank you to everyone for the recommendations. I ended up using Alden at Flintworks Auto and was very happy with the PPI service performed.

Quick Reply: PPI recommendations