Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recall Notification

Old 12-16-2015, 04:19 PM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Any information you can find out would be helpful.
at dealer. service person said that this isn't listed for my '16 GTS. he didn't know what the reprogram accomplished.
Old 12-16-2015, 04:38 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by c_Gio
Doing oil change on my 2016 today... Should I ask about it? Any downside to these?.
you dont wanna be first in line for " voluntary " software updates, imo, until you get forum feedback

a few yrs ago some Ferrari 458 owners who dashed in to get a transmission software update they heard about on their boards ended up with , yes, a smoother shifting car around town on AUTO mode , BUT the crackles and burbles on the overun in the exhaust disappeared in all shift modes as the factory also tweaked the ignition timing as part of the effort to smooth things out !

and once they loaded that one way update , dealer techs were NOT allowed to reverse it , even if they could access the old VIN associated file from the server in Italy - which they cannot - if customer requested so or else men in black suits and dark sunglasses from the EPA would come knocking
Old 12-16-2015, 05:52 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by c_Gio
at dealer. service person said that this isn't listed for my '16 GTS. he didn't know what the reprogram accomplished.
If the Porsche "Service person" doesn't know, then there's very little hope for the rest of us.

Thanks for the feedback...
Old 12-16-2015, 06:05 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by duxsi
If the Porsche "Service person" doesn't know, then there's very little hope for the rest of us.

Thanks for the feedback...

that is quite common across all brands ..I have had " discovered at time of service " software updates downloaded at routine visits and the service advisor or tech says they are now so numerous across models that manufacturers often dont bother them with what they are for as they assume the local " wrench " is not tech savvy enough nor is the consumer smart enough to even begin to understand what a couple lines of updated code here and there might even mean..if you press hard enough , they might reply " something to do with the blah blah is all the factory would tell us "
Old 12-17-2015, 09:00 AM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 85 Posts

It's a slippery slope. So you skip this 'voluntary update' but later on you hear about an update with a change you really care about. Guess what, this 'voluntary update' will be in there as well. Hard to outrun these changes unless you never need another update - btw, I guess you would have to instruct your SA to NOT perform any updates whenever you bring in the car.

Double edged sword for sure.
Old 12-17-2015, 03:20 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jabs1542
It's a slippery slope. So you skip this 'voluntary update' but later on you hear about an update with a change you really care about. Guess what, this 'voluntary update' will be in there as well. Hard to outrun these changes unless you never need another update - btw, I guess you would have to instruct your SA to NOT perform any updates whenever you bring in the car.

Double edged sword for sure.
correct ..once they connect your OBD port directly to the Motherland server , EVERYTHING " voluntary " download/ updates irreversibly... you cannot cherry pick ...dealer has to do this at every visit , when still under factory warranty , to get paid for any warranty work they are doing or discover after drop off.

some confuse this with software " TSBs" where factory only updates ( because it is an expense they have to pay dealership service dept ) ONLY if customer has a specifically defined complaint the TSB patch fixes
Old 02-24-2016, 07:55 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I received a call this week, a message was left indicating there was a "recall" on my car and it needed a DME update. I have a call into the service advisor asking for more info on the update. No word back yet but it will be another month or so before my car sees the road again here so not likely to find out much for a while.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:29 PM
Mikeruoc
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahh guys! I just had this done when I took my 2013 C2S in for tires. Dealer wanted to do it. On the ride home I could not get the engine to do the stumble! Time will tell but I was shocked. Again I have only driven the car about 20 miles home from the dealer. I will drive it more later today.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:12 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 802 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikeruoc
Ahh guys! I just had this done when I took my 2013 C2S in for tires. Dealer wanted to do it. On the ride home I could not get the engine to do the stumble! Time will tell but I was shocked. Again I have only driven the car about 20 miles home from the dealer. I will drive it more later today.
On your receipt what service update # was performed?
Old 03-01-2016, 05:14 PM
stealthboy
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Oh don't get my hopes up like that! Keep us updated.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:51 PM
pfan
Pro

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

With any luck the wicked witch is dead!

Quite a few of us are anxiously awaiting any updates.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:50 PM
mtony
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Really? Please keep us updated.
Old 03-01-2016, 07:56 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by CSK 911 C4S
On your receipt what service update # was performed?
Dealer did mine a couple weeks ago. Receipt said....

Perform Campaign WF86, Reprogram DME
FC: WF860660001

No issues with mine since the reprogram.
Old 03-01-2016, 08:25 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 113 Posts

In the past when I had my DME updated or reset, the stumble disappeared (and the car felt amazingly responsive) only to return to its old way the following day.

I can only hope that this time around is different...
Old 03-02-2016, 08:34 AM
Mikeruoc
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove it 2 more times last night. And no stumble! I will drive it this AM and see what happens. The service performed was the same as listed above.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Recall Notification