Sponsored by:

Vivid Racing - False Advertising

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2015, 12:13 AM
Jhoffmann
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Vivid Racing - False Advertising

After attempting to purchase a new Cargraphic Exhaust for my new 991 as a little Christmas present to myself, I have to warn others of the horrible customer experience I had with Vivid.

They have the exhaust advertised on their site and their sister site (HPF) for $2,194. During Thanksgiving, I jumped on the Free Shipping offer and additional 3% discount coupon that was offered on HPF and ordered it. I also received an order confirmation. After a week of not hearing anything else, I sent them a note asking about status/tracking number. I received a reply that stated that my order had been cancelled and refunded due to a "pricing error" on their site. I immediately checked my credit card transactions to see if this was the case - no dice. I also then went to their website to check to see if the price had been changed -nope. Picked up the phone and gave them a call - no real apology, just we can't honor that price. I inquired why it was still posted on their site at the "wrong" price to which I was told it would be changed that day. I also asked why i had not seen a refund of my money to which their response was that it can take up to 5 days to post. That is complete BS.

I did finally receive a credit back, but today I decided to check their site. It's still advertised at the same price that they would not honor and its been over two weeks since they would not honor that published price.

I understand mistakes happen. It's all about how you handle those mistakes and Vivid Racing gets an F in my book.

I encourage you to be careful who you do business with. There are some great vendors on this board and out there supporting this community - Vivid Racing does not appear to be one of them.
Attached Images   
Old 12-11-2015, 12:38 AM
NeoGeo07
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting this. But I can't say I'm surprised. Many years ago I used to tinker with WRX and Vivid had some real bad blood with the Subaru community. It never ceases to amaze me that they're still in business after all this time.
Old 12-11-2015, 06:10 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,117 Likes on 666 Posts

Bye bye Vivid. I will never buy from them.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:31 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Bad business. Thanks for letting us know. So easy to turn a negative situation into a positive for both parties. It's easy and not too expensive, just need to be willing to do the right thing and see the bigger picture.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:16 AM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Got to BBB and see what others think then make a decision for yourself.
Old 12-11-2015, 09:35 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Old 12-11-2015, 09:37 AM
STG
Race Director

http://archive.azcentral.com/busines...acing0428.html

Call the owner here, see where you get. Judging by the picture, make your own assumptions:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/danmermelstein

Another story

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivid-...Arizona-565984

Point is, a business with many customers will get complaints. It's all about how you resolve them. In this case, customer service isn't one of their talents here. Plenty of other guys to buy from. I always research first and support the guys who are good business people and true enthusiasts.

We always get the stories about being ripped off by the Wicked's of the world when a little homework will avoid many purchase related headaches.

In this case it's just false advertising on Vivid's part and terrible customer service.

Last edited by STG; 12-11-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Old 12-11-2015, 10:34 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Jhoffmann
I immediately checked my credit card transactions to see if this was the case - no dice.

I also asked why i had not seen a refund of my money to which their response was that it can take up to 5 days to post. That is complete BS.
Jhoffmann, I am NOT defending Vivid, but this is true. You will not see a credit on your on-line statement immediately. It does take a few days to post. FYI.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:07 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 3,874 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Jhoffmann, I am NOT defending Vivid, but this is true. You will not see a credit on your on-line statement immediately. It does take a few days to post. FYI.
I am a retail merchant, and this is a fact. Refunds take a few days to show up on your statement. I have some customers so crazy over that process that I have to take a photo of the refund slip from the processing terminal and send it to them just to calm them down.

I would never buy from Vivid - their reputation has preceded them for many years. FYI, it you can swing the $ 4,500 for a Tubi, its a fine exhaust and Champion in Florida is the USA distributor. Ask them for free shipping and maybe a little discount and you might get lucky.
Old 12-11-2015, 11:53 AM
trysixty
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

From the PC adminstrator........

Promoting a Vendor:
Praise and a recommendation of a vendor by users is encouraged as a service to the community. On the other hand, excessive promotion of vendor(s), i.e., cheer leading, will be viewed as advertising. In the same vein, systematic and sustained vendor bashing, i.e., carrying out a vendetta against a particular vendor will result in sanctions.

even if the vendor lies through his teeth (20hp gain if you add this foo foo dust)
Old 12-11-2015, 12:03 PM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard folks are more loyal to merchants that step up and do the right thing during a bad situation than those who had no bad situation at all. In other words they could have honored it, knocked off another 3% as an apology, and written up the loss as better for business in the long run. The OP would be here saying how awesome they are and really that goodwill is worth much more than the few hundred they covered by shutting the deal down. amateurs.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:44 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by c_Gio
I've heard folks are more loyal to merchants that step up and do the right thing during a bad situation than those who had no bad situation at all. In other words they could have honored it, knocked off another 3% as an apology, and written up the loss as better for business in the long run. The OP would be here saying how awesome they are and really that goodwill is worth much more than the few hundred they covered by shutting the deal down. amateurs.
+1 think about how little that 3% would have cost the vendor to honor his deal. embarrassing.
Old 12-11-2015, 12:55 PM
2001f4s
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
http://archive.azcentral.com/busines...acing0428.html

Call the owner here, see where you get. Judging by the picture, make your own assumptions:

https://www.linkedin.com/in/danmermelstein

Another story

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Vivid-...Arizona-565984

Point is, a business with many customers will get complaints. It's all about how you resolve them. In this case, customer service isn't one of their talents here. Plenty of other guys to buy from. I always research first and support the guys who are good business people and true enthusiasts.

We always get the stories about being ripped off by the Wicked's of the world when a little homework will avoid many purchase related headaches.

In this case it's just false advertising on Vivid's part and terrible customer service.
Loved the Linkedin photo and reminds us all of how wonderful and vast the internet can be.

I will avoid doing business with Vivid going forward. Thank you for the heads up.
Old 12-11-2015, 01:03 PM
STG
Race Director

Hopefully Vivid steps up and posts here. I'd like to hear their side of the story if they're up to defending their reputation.

Are they even sponsors on Rennlist?
Old 12-11-2015, 03:02 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,244 Posts

Originally Posted by drcollie
I am a retail merchant, and this is a fact. Refunds take a few days to show up on your statement. I have some customers so crazy over that process that I have to take a photo of the refund slip from the processing terminal and send it to them just to calm them down.

I would never buy from Vivid - their reputation has preceded them for many years. FYI, it you can swing the $ 4,500 for a Tubi, its a fine exhaust and Champion in Florida is the USA distributor. Ask them for free shipping and maybe a little discount and you might get lucky.
I am trying very hard not to give in to the increasing urge to buy one of these!

Quick Reply: Vivid Racing - False Advertising