Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want a Targa GTS but can't order one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 01:25 PM
FergusH
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Want a Targa GTS but can't order one?

If you're in the market for a Targa GTS but are sad that there are no more allocations, I can help! I've decided to sell my almost-new 2016 Targa 4 GTS. Check it out:

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...rga-4-gts.html

Old 11-02-2015, 01:34 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,542 Likes on 2,307 Posts

Originally Posted by FergusH
If you're in the market for a Targa GTS but are sad that there are no more allocations, I can help! I've decided to sell my almost-new 2016 Targa 4 GTS. Check it out:

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...rga-4-gts.html

I think I saw you in this out at Fort Funston a few weeks ago ... nice looking car!
Old 11-02-2015, 01:37 PM
FergusH
Rennlist Member

Huh: weird. That wasn't me. (I haven't been there for a while and if I was, I'd be with the dog, and if I was with the dog, I wouldn't be driving a Porsche! ;-)

However, I do know of another brown 911 Targa in the Bay Area, so maybe it was that person's. It's a pretty great looking color/car combo. (Yeah, yeah: I know your opinion about brown!) I partially wish I didn't care about it being so nice and would be happy just driving the cr*p out of it but I'm not and it's now breaking my rule of "don't have stuff in the garage you're not using".
Old 11-02-2015, 01:47 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Huh: weird. That wasn't me. (I haven't been there for a while and if I was, I'd be with the dog, and if I was with the dog, I wouldn't be driving a Porsche! ;-)

However, I do know of another brown 911 Targa in the Bay Area, so maybe it was that person's. It's a pretty great looking color/car combo. (Yeah, yeah: I know your opinion about brown!) I partially wish I didn't care about it being so nice and would be happy just driving the cr*p out of it but I'm not and it's now breaking my rule of "don't have stuff in the garage you're not using".
It must have been the other guy, while I'm not a fan of brown, the color combo looked amazing ... very unique and striking!

I know what you mean about having a garage queen, but that's what my GT3 is now, but I dont feel too bad about that ... now that I have the GTS cabriolet to drive (when its not raining like it is today!)
Old 11-02-2015, 01:50 PM
shewu
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fergus, what are you doing?!
Old 11-02-2015, 01:53 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by shewu
Fergus, what are you doing?!
+1 ... it must be all the "brown" causing temporary insanity!
Old 11-02-2015, 01:54 PM
FergusH
Rennlist Member

Will it make you all happier to know that the Targa's replacement is likely to be a racing yellow GT4?

Old 11-02-2015, 01:56 PM
shewu
Racer

Will it make you all happier to know that the Targa's replacement is likely to be a racing yellow GT4?

PLOT TWIST!

How did you get an allocation, or where did you find one used (hopefully at a reasonable price)?
Old 11-02-2015, 02:04 PM
FergusH
Rennlist Member

Hey Sherry!

I found a new one, configured mostly how I want, on its way to the US already, and not a lot over MSRP. I test drove a friend's on the weekend and said "wow!" a lot. It felt like Heath Spencer's car, which I did a lap in as passenger back in September when I met you at Thunderhill: very tight and precise, light and fast.

Supposedly, it'll arrive at the end of the month and I'm pretty certain I'm going to take it.

Fergus

Last edited by FergusH; 11-02-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

TOTALLY!
Old 11-02-2015, 02:15 PM
shewu
Racer

Hey Sherry!

I found a new one, configured mostly how I want, on its way to the US already, and not a lot over MSRP. I test drove a friend's on the weekend and said "wow!" a lot. It felt like Heather Spencer's car, which I did a lap in as passenger back in September: very tight and precise, light and fast.

Supposedly, it'll arrive at the end of the month and I'm pretty certain I'm going to take it.

Fergus
Will you still keep the base Cayman? And hopefully this GT4 will not be another garage queen?
Old 11-02-2015, 02:16 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Hey Sherry!

I found a new one, configured mostly how I want, on its way to the US already, and not a lot over MSRP. I test drove a friend's on the weekend and said "wow!" a lot. It felt like Heather Spencer's car, which I did a lap in as passenger back in September: very tight and precise, light and fast.

Fergus
PRETTY CERTAIN .... PRETTY CERTAIN ... BUCK UP YOUR IDEAS MAN!!!

Old 11-02-2015, 02:26 PM
FergusH
Rennlist Member

I'm not sure if I'll keep the base Cayman. It's a really nice car and a much better daily driver than the GT4 would be. On the other hand, our BMW i3 is even a better daily driver than the Cayman. Man: that's sad to say! Damn Bay Area traffic...

I hear you Larry! Having trouble with the idea of selling the pretty brown Targa but it's more pretty than a car I should be driving so... (tick, tock, someone else is gonna get that GT4, ughhhhh!)
Old 11-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

keep the i3, off the Cayman and the Targa get the GT4 ... DO IT!
Old 11-02-2015, 03:51 PM
FergusH
Rennlist Member

Yeah, that's what I'll probably do.

Completely different sort of car but I actually love the i3. We had a Leaf before, replaced it with the i3 not expecting it to be much different, but it's completely different. Much more powerful, actually pretty fun to drive around town, and very compact. Best turning circle of any car I've driven. The suicide doors are a little weird - the kids are sick of them now! - but it certainly helps make the car shorter than it'd be otherwise.

Quick Reply: Want a Targa GTS but can't order one?