Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   Tonight.. I ache (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/899157-tonight-i-ache.html)

fansonly 10-17-2015 10:44 PM

Tonight.. I ache

Well, coping the way anyone does when their rebuilding football team fumbles the ball with 10s left on the clock with victory nearly assured - having a few drinks.

So, I'm getting a GTS. It will be one of last naturally aspirated, manual 911s.

What I can't decide its: GT Silver vs Carmine Red.

I want to hear all the reasons for one or the other. Resale? Collectors car? You tell me..

Here is my calculous:

GT Silver:
Shows the lines of the car better than any other color. Classic. Timeless.

Its not sexy like black. But black hides the lines. And with black, living in LA, well.. just plan on having your car looking like someone sneezed on it most of the time because of all of the dust in the air. Black is the worst for this. Silver weathers the proverbial dust storm.

Buts its a little boring. It might make for better resale? My first bmw was silver. My last BMW was silver. Its a conservative play. Germanic. Aesthetically pleasing, but reserved.

Carmine:
Unique color (maybe?) that seems specific to the GTS product launch. Works really nicely with the black wheels. I like Guards, but don't love it. Carmine is just feels like a premium color. It feels like passion. Where black is sexy, red means love.

But people tell me " you're trying too hard" or its douchey. I've been told its a feminine color.

What do you guys say?

WBimmer 10-17-2015 11:00 PM

Easy answer: Carmine Red

GT Silver is boring and dull and Carmine Red screams look at me, I'm gorgeous.

I would go for the red over the silver.

Wayne.

Bigalfromfl 10-17-2015 11:03 PM

I recently saw Carmine Red in person and was impressed. I liked it! Either color will look stunning though...

96redLT4 10-17-2015 11:17 PM

How about a spartan white with green trim.....sorry I couldn't resist :)
Jim

Duke I 10-18-2015 12:05 AM

Red.

fansonly 10-18-2015 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by 96redLT4 (Post 12680399)
How about a spartan white with green trim.....sorry I couldn't resist :)
Jim

touche. I'll just continue to wash down this blood in my mouth

STG 10-18-2015 12:47 AM

A real ache would be no NA GTS on the way at all! Any color will be sweet ...

Seant 10-18-2015 03:05 AM

Silver is really easy to live with.
Go green!

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...996c8c4609.jpg

mmaturo 10-18-2015 04:36 AM

May have been cheering for MSU, wow what an ending...sad Gator fan here though... but go Carmine. Nothing at all douche about it and actually the opposite. Silver w black interior...too easy on ordering (but silver w red interior...hell yes). It is not at all trying too hard with Carmine to me it is slightly out of the obvious box. From a guy with a lot of white-ish cars (though my Audis are one of the more unique grays out there that looks white in sunlight) now but all of them are rare and none have black interiors. But that said if a carmine or any color more interesting was available in the ten minutes I decided to go find a 911 it would have been a more interesting color...if I did not get the deal I did on my white car the same day I was headed further south to look at two blue cars...they were more interesting but more $...but one of those would have come home. I do not at all care about resale (or trade in that is more accurate) it is my enjoyment of the car.

DaveGee 10-18-2015 05:15 AM

Red.

But not black wheels.

DaveGee

Highyo 10-18-2015 06:52 AM

German cars are meant to be silver or white.

Plus, do you actually mean to direct more attention to yourself?

mi650 10-18-2015 09:01 AM

It didn't take much for me to order my GTS in jet black. It may be boring, but I love it.

Of course, I didn't know green & white was an option. :cool:

Right before the snap, I said that I'm really looking forward to UM beating OSU this year. And I still am.

TBC63 10-18-2015 10:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I went with black. She arrived today. Getting a full PPF from Xpel and then Opticoat. Takes most of the drama of maintenance away. Should have done this to my black Panamera..now it will cost more but it adds to the ease of ownership and makes a black car fun to own again.

neurotic 10-18-2015 11:34 AM

Do yourself a favor a get GT Silver. The color is gorgeous in natural light. It changes based on how the sun hits it. From this gorgeous dark hue in the dark light to flaky/light silver in full sun. I love it on my GTS :)

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8736...ics-heavy.html

Do it! You won't regret it.

fansonly 10-18-2015 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by TBC63 (Post 12680950)
I went with black. She arrived today. Getting a full PPF from Xpel and then Opticoat. Takes most of the drama of maintenance away. Should have done this to my black Panamera..now it will cost more but it adds to the ease of ownership and makes a black car fun to own again.

So, you're going to put opticoat over the top of the xpel film? What is exactly is the result when you do that? I didn't realize you could coat the film.

Does that make it easy to wash the car and not get swirl marks?