Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 11:35 PM
gregv8
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by myrr
About to place an order for delivery next year - early on, but the build and and a fair price is hammered out. Thanks to this forum I think I found exactly what I was looking for, for my 1st Porsche.

PKPKZM88
That is a great build! Stripped down in a tasteful way.
As a fellow C2 owner, I have two suggestions from my own experience:
-I have the 18 way seats and couldn't imagine my car without this option. The memory function is very important to me, and it stores more than just the seat position. It's the entire driver profile with all settings.
-I have PSE, and wouldn't get it again. It's expensive and doesn't really improve the cabin sound. Yes it crackles but that gets old really fast. Having also driven a non-PSE car (it was actually Nick Murray's),I think the base exhaust in Sport mode sounded better inside than my PSE. Frankly, I don't care how impressive it sounds to people on the street. I'm the one who wants to enjoy it.
Old 09-30-2018, 12:06 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Is it me or days are just moving slowly, it feels like 2 months since I ordered the car
Old 09-30-2018, 05:01 AM
gregv8
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Too many people know the agony of waiting for their custom order. This shouldn't be like that. We're spending big money. It's a huge financial, emotional, and mental investment for us.
I think I just came up with a new model. These days every German manufacturer has a "subscription" program where -for a very high monthly fee- you can drive around in any model you pick.
The idea is to fill the emotional gap with the subscription program until delivery.

Porsche should be offering the following as a package:
1. You're interested in buying, and register for said subscription. You take out a 911 for a month.
2. This gives you time to figure out what options to order.
3. You place the order, and at this point you are automatically signed up for a deeply discounted all-you-can-eat subscription program until your new car arrives.
In the months ahead you can drive all sorts of Porsche cars, have fun with them and deepen your relationship with the brand.
4. When your new car arrives, you drop off your rental, take delivery and everybody is happy.

Step 1 and 2 would be optional.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:03 AM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

About to place an order for delivery next year - early on, but the build and and a fair price is hammered out. Thanks to this forum I think I found exactly what I was looking for, for my 1st Porsche.

PKPKZM88

911 Carrera
GT Silver Metallic
Leather Interior in Black/Dark Silver with Sport-Tex Seat Centers i.c.w. Sport Seats Plus
7-speed Manual Transmission
Sport Exhaust System with Tailpipes in Silver
19" Carrera Wheels
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Automatically Dimming Mirrors
Light Design Package
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel
Sport Seats Plus (4-way)
Seat Heating
Smoking Package
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Voice Control
BOSE® Surround Sound System

I was first looking at the T - for a fairly stripped down driving experience... however I really like the 19's and the benefits that come with them, and I wasn't a huge fan of Sport Chrono and the PADM that comes with. My only wish is that I could get the Sport Tex seats that are in the T Otherwise, I think the leather dash looks pretty great and the other small item options are fairly unobtrusive and affordable as well. This will be my "fun" car and I plan on keeping it for a long time. I welcome any feedback, and thank you for the input!.
Sendible config, stick with it, don’t change anything. BTW: wheels look spectacular.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:51 PM
myrr
Pro

Received 309 Likes on 153 Posts

Thanks for the feedback! Hoping to have the order in tomorrow.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:28 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

Hi everyone in the waiting room! I'm just gonna grab a seat and wait here with the rest of you.

Got my V200 delivery date - it supposedly exits production just before Christmas, so any delay probably means that production slips into January after the long holiday.
It's a TTS in agate grey metallic with natural leather interior (espresso) and a handful of optional add-on leather bits. I chose the 18-ways, Burmester, FAL. ACC, LCA, etc. I'm also springing for the carbon fiber wheels because I love the look; time will tell if I love the wheels - I'm a little nervous about centerlocks and so I was also contemplating the 5-lug TT wheels. I suspect that the build locks sometime in November.
Old 09-30-2018, 03:51 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by digits
Hi everyone in the waiting room! I'm just gonna grab a seat and wait here with the rest of you.

Got my V200 delivery date - it supposedly exits production just before Christmas, so any delay probably means that production slips into January after the long holiday.
It's a TTS in agate grey metallic with natural leather interior (espresso) and a handful of optional add-on leather bits. I chose the 18-ways, Burmester, FAL. ACC, LCA, etc. I'm also springing for the carbon fiber wheels because I love the look; time will tell if I love the wheels - I'm a little nervous about centerlocks and so I was also contemplating the 5-lug TT wheels. I suspect that the build locks sometime in November.
Great build - I'd be more nervous about those carbon fiber wheels, stay away from curbs...no way to fix scrapes on them.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:26 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paxton
Great build - I'd be more nervous about those carbon fiber wheels, stay away from curbs...no way to fix scrapes on them.
That's a very good point. Repair is probably impossible, replacement would be expensive, and in the far future it might be quite an ordeal to even obtain a replacement at all. Hmm.
Old 09-30-2018, 05:14 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

That's a very good point. Repair is probably impossible, replacement would be expensive, and in the far future it might be quite an ordeal to even obtain a replacement at all. Hmm.
I might have saved you 15K and future headaches ;-)
Old 09-30-2018, 06:17 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

PKPKZM88

911 Carrera
GT Silver Metallic
Leather Interior in Black/Dark Silver with Sport-Tex Seat Centers i.c.w. Sport Seats Plus
7-speed Manual Transmission
Sport Exhaust System with Tailpipes in Silver
19" Carrera Wheels
Wheel Center Caps with Colored Porsche Crest
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Automatically Dimming Mirrors
Light Design Package
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel
Sport Seats Plus (4-way)
Seat Heating
Smoking Package
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell
Voice Control
BOSE® Surround Sound System

I was first looking at the T - for a fairly stripped down driving experience... however I really like the 19's and the benefits that come with them, and I wasn't a huge fan of Sport Chrono and the PADM that comes with. My only wish is that I could get the Sport Tex seats that are in the T Otherwise, I think the leather dash looks pretty great and the other small item options are fairly unobtrusive and affordable as well. This will be my "fun" car and I plan on keeping it for a long time. I welcome any feedback, and thank you for the input!.
This is really a well-chosen set of options to keep it pure and simple.
Here are three things you might consider:
Sport design mirrors for $600 - a lot of people seem to prefer the look. This is purely a cosmetic preference, but I'm one of those people so I thought I'd point it out.
GT Sport steering wheel for $330 - you can check this box in addition to the already selected heated multi-function steering wheel. Since it's your fun car, you may prefer the slightly smaller diameter 360mm steering wheel.
Sport tail-pipes in silver (or black): I also find PSE to be of questionable value - it's not going to sound like a GT3 or even a 991.1. You can save $2950 and skip PSE - and if you don't like the default rectangular exhaust, save $2000 and pick the quad sport tail-pipes option.
This is just my perspective - what's more important is that you get to choose the options that you value the most. It will definitely be a fun car no matter what.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:21 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paxton
I might have saved you 15K and future headaches ;-)
It doesn't matter how careful I am, sometimes things just happen (like the rock that just chipped my windshield last week)

I'm gonna think this over...
Old 09-30-2018, 06:47 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

It doesn't matter how careful I am, sometimes things just happen (like the rock that just chipped my windshield last week)

I'm gonna think this over...
I hear you. The carbon wheels look great but to many they look like regular black wheels from a distance. I understand the cool factor and the weight saving though. You could probably pick up a really nice set of aftermarket wheels, save money in the process and avoid really costly repairs if you end up needing them.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:12 PM
myrr
Pro

This is really a well-chosen set of options to keep it pure and simple.
Here are three things you might consider:
Sport design mirrors for $600 - a lot of people seem to prefer the look. This is purely a cosmetic preference, but I'm one of those people so I thought I'd point it out.
GT Sport steering wheel for $330 - you can check this box in addition to the already selected heated multi-function steering wheel. Since it's your fun car, you may prefer the slightly smaller diameter 360mm steering wheel.
Sport tail-pipes in silver (or black): I also find PSE to be of questionable value - it's not going to sound like a GT3 or even a 991.1. You can save $2950 and skip PSE - and if you don't like the default rectangular exhaust, save $2000 and pick the quad sport tail-pipes option.
This is just my perspective - what's more important is that you get to choose the options that you value the most. It will definitely be a fun car no matter what.
Thanks digits! - yeah I've actually mulled over these specific three items as well. In the end, I think I like the standard wheel a bit better cosmetically and also the slightly improved visibility of the gauge cluster. Regarding the PSE... the quad tips do look nice, however it seems that from reading here that the PSE in "off" mode is a bit quieter than the non-pse. I think I'll value the flexibility. My current car has a similar setup, and I like having the option in exhaust tone. As for the mirrors, i'm still on the fence, it's cheap upgrade, just not sure if I prefer them or not as the black trim with GT silver still looks good IMO.
Old 09-30-2018, 08:43 PM
myrr
Pro

Also, those carbon wheels.... - the cool factor is right. Really awesome. Curbing one of those - I would cry.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:57 PM
myrr
Pro

Here's a question - dollar for dollar the price for PSE vs Sport Tailpipes and Sport Chrono. Debating the merits of dropping PSE for these 2 options. I like the mode selector and individual settings... the clock on the dash and the rev matching are nice bonuses. What worries me for long term longevity is PADM.

I do care more for what the car sounds like inside vs outside.

Edit - seems from reading that the interior noise is about the same stock / PSE off. Many threads on this and lots of differing opinions.

Last edited by myrr; 09-30-2018 at 10:11 PM. Reason: edit

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!