Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 04:06 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gloom
I'm hesitating as well on the PSE even though everyone here will tell you it's a must. I really dislike the centered tailpipes, it messes the balance of the rear design IMO. I read/watched all the reviews and at least two said that the standard exhaust sounded great. But, yeah, a few others said that PSE "is a must have"... It will sound sportier and louder with PSE, there's no doubt about that. If I ever regret my decision to opt-out, there will be aftermarket solutions with performance gains in the future.

If I had to pick, I'd opt for Real-Axle Steering before PSE but that's personal. Read the Motor Trend review (they call it "a must have") and watch the Car Magazine video. They rave about the benefits of it. And that's something you just can't add after delivery.
Good points. You can always pick up an aftermarket exhaust. Working at Porsche sales from 05-08 I've never heard a PSE that I didn't think was better than a standard exhaust. It would be on my list of must have options - IMO..

I like options I can see- feel - hear- connect. Lights, heated seats, adaptive seats, sports steering wheel- exhaust.

Originally Posted by LCW
Dec 5th lock -> delivery late April.... that sounds like a very long time between lock and presumed production. Is that normal?
Seems like awhile- my car locked 10/9 for a 12/28 build.
Old 11-26-2015, 03:25 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

Many thanks for the picture! Makes me feel like I will stay with the Black/Bordeaux! My Targa top is Blue and it looks like it comes close to matching the Night Blue body.

Now for the PSE question. I'm pretty sure that the sound will be intoxicating...still don't like the look yet. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

As for the cut off date that I have been given, I, too, think that's not really correct. It is supposed to be produced in week 15, at least two weeks before I pick it up at Zuffenhausen. I will be pressing the dealer more next week to check again on that cut off date. When I ordered my 991 CS, it seems like the cut off was about two months prior to production. Based on that, the cut off for this should be in January.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:18 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sfy1505
Many thanks for the picture! Makes me feel like I will stay with the Black/Bordeaux! My Targa top is Blue and it looks like it comes close to matching the Night Blue body.

Now for the PSE question. I'm pretty sure that the sound will be intoxicating...still don't like the look yet. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

As for the cut off date that I have been given, I, too, think that's not really correct. It is supposed to be produced in week 15, at least two weeks before I pick it up at Zuffenhausen. I will be pressing the dealer more next week to check again on that cut off date. When I ordered my 991 CS, it seems like the cut off was about two months prior to production. Based on that, the cut off for this should be in January.
I haven't seen it, but you can't see either while driving. However the sound will be very present. It is an option I'd check everytime unless it was keeping me from the next level.. say a heavy optioned C2 vs a stripper C2S.. I'm going option engine first and then...

On the euro delivery I just had a GT3 RS rennlist member use my travel agency for the planning of a 1 month itinerary. My mother is a world class travel agent from London & I'm a Porsche person & am familiar with getting around/driving in Europe. The cost? It is a no cost option. It will be one of my competitive advantages as I move back into the auto industry. FYI - I beat what Porsche NA had to offer as a resource by a mile, so I was told.

Wow wonderful build.. I like the idea of the blue top instead of black.. my gut said black then I digested what you said and think blue 100%.

I'm here via PM & email/phone -office hours if you decide to use us.

Congrats on the build.
Attached Images   
Old 11-27-2015, 11:15 PM
Stanley Moon
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sold Bentley Gt V8 yesterday and C4S on order. The dealer said he secured the first C4S allocation in Korea which is Jan. build and March delivery. Here in Korea, Porsche is sold as much as 30% above US price, and that's why I got the Bentley, which is sold almost the same price as US, at the first place a couple of years ago. However, I missed 911 so much since my first and last one (993) 20 yrs. ago. It doesn't matter if I have to pay almost Bentley's price for nicely equipped 911.

My build is Jet Black Metallic with Black/Beige interior. Options include PDCC, PSE, Rear steering, Sports chrono, etc. I also ordered rear wiper...I know it is considered ugly and unnecessary by most people, but it brings me old nostalgia. Many 911s had rear wipers back in 90s even in US (Mine had too) Plus I think it still looks nice, which completes 911s rear look. Maybe it's just me. Now I just have to forget and wait.
Old 11-27-2015, 11:34 PM
coxswain
Racer

Originally Posted by Stanley Moon
Sold Bentley Gt V8 yesterday and C4S on order. The dealer said he secured the first C4S allocation in Korea which is Jan. build and March delivery. Here in Korea, Porsche is sold as much as 30% above US price, and that's why I got the Bentley, which is sold almost the same price as US, at the first place a couple of years ago. However, I missed 911 so much since my first and last one (993) 20 yrs. ago. It doesn't matter if I have to pay almost Bentley's price for nicely equipped 911.

My build is Jet Black Metallic with Black/Beige interior. Options include PDCC, PSE, Rear steering, Sports chrono, etc. I also ordered rear wiper...I know it is considered ugly and unnecessary by most people, but it brings me old nostalgia. Many 911s had rear wipers back in 90s even in US (Mine had too) Plus I think it still looks nice, which completes 911s rear look. Maybe it's just me. Now I just have to forget and wait.

The price of Bentley there is the same as US? That's why I often saw Bentleys when I visited Seoul this summer.

The 30%-higher-than-US price of Porsche is actually not bad, when compared to much higher prices in some places like Singapore or Australia.

The rear wiper on C4S is cool; I think it completes the look of the rear. But I don't like the rear wiper on Targa. Please post some pictures later after your new car has been delivered.
Old 11-28-2015, 02:54 AM
Stanley Moon
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by coxswain
The price of Bentley there is the same as US? That's why I often saw Bentleys when I visited Seoul this summer.

The 30%-higher-than-US price of Porsche is actually not bad, when compared to much higher prices in some places like Singapore or Australia.

The rear wiper on C4S is cool; I think it completes the look of the rear. But I don't like the rear wiper on Targa. Please post some pictures later after your new car has been delivered.
The Bentley price here is still higher than US but very close. Yes, you are right. Seoul has many Bentleys. I heard the Seoul dealership sells the most number of Bentleys in the world for a single delaership.
Old 11-28-2015, 02:29 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Stanley Moon

You say nostalgia I say cool. You'll have a very nice vehicle! I'd like to see Graphite blue/chalk interior. that would be cool on jet black metallic.
Old 11-28-2015, 07:29 PM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 66 Posts

Is anyone aware of different wheel options, other than the three currently on the configurator?
Old 11-28-2015, 10:51 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mantylar
[IMG]https://rennlist.com/forums/991/
Silver with a red interior has been a classic Porsche combination for decades. ....With the black dash and trim I don't think there is too much red.
Silver / red is certainly a great combo and w/ a black dash not too 'pimp'd'

As for that combo: it's been a classic for German cars before Porsche existed, including classics like the Merc SSK (built from late 1929) and I recall seeing a 1930s Auto Union w/ that scheme.
Old 11-28-2015, 10:54 PM
Racer

Question

Originally Posted by systemr
i have a 991.2 on order, except its a GT3!
Is the GT3 already available for order as a 991.2? Or just continuing the build from 991.1?
Old 11-28-2015, 11:51 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by LCW
What's up with the fire extinguisher? Does anyone really expect to have to use it, or is it coolness factor?
It's a good idea for track days; I have seen one used. I think I'll tick that box.
Old 11-29-2015, 12:15 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by 917k
Is the GT3 already available for order as a 991.2? Or just continuing the build from 991.1?
No, you cannot order a 991.2 GT3 yet as there is nothing in the Porsche systems to place an order against. In my particular situation, I have signed a "reservation" form with my dealer which reserves the first production allocation the dealer gets.....but that is not expected to happen until late next year.

However, in an encouraging sign, my dealer has recently had to order a quantity of the 1:43 models of the 991.2 GT3, which according to previous history, indicates that the actual model is about 12 months away.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:48 PM
Racer

Default 991.2 GT3

Originally Posted by Chris3963
No, you cannot order a 991.2 GT3 yet as there is nothing in the Porsche systems to place an order against. In my particular situation, I have signed a "reservation" form with my dealer which reserves the first production allocation the dealer gets.....but that is not expected to happen until late next year.
@Chris3963 - what I thought, that it'd be something like launch +12m. I admire your fortitude I'm torn on doing something like that (reserve) or pulling trigger - in which case leasing over purchase - later on buying obtain the track-focused GT3 991.2. In meantime thinking along lines of:

991.2 CS

Lava H2
Graphite HZ
Prem + 14-way P3D
PDLS lights 603
Sport Pkg P3P
Logo & model CWM
in Black
Door model CAS
Entry/drive 625
Glass roof 653
Alum fuel cap XYB
PDK 250
Pwr steer+ 658

20" RS Wheel 460
Lane ch 457
Light design pkg 630
Heated MF wheel 489
Pwr Sports Seats P06
14-way
Smkg pkg 583
Luggage net 581
Fire ext. 509
Black dials 022
Crest on headrest XSC
Alum pedals EFA
Stainless dr sills X70

BOSE 9VL

ED Zuffenhausen 900
(3rd ED and well worth it)

Getting closer ... I'm one who has to mull before I am content. Wish I had seen a GT3 RS in Lava to confirm my preference for this colour - it seems to bifurcate taste - which I kind of like, to be frank, not just a 'whatever' colour
Old 11-29-2015, 05:05 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,083 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by 917k
@Chris3963 - what I thought, that it'd be something like launch +12m. I admire your fortitude I'm torn on doing something like that (reserve) or pulling trigger - in which case leasing over purchase - later on buying obtain the track-focused GT3 991.2. In meantime thinking along lines of:

991.2 CS

Lava H2
Graphite HZ
Prem + 14-way P3D
PDLS lights 603
Sport Pkg P3P
Logo & model CWM
in Black
Door model CAS
Entry/drive 625
Glass roof 653
Alum fuel cap XYB
PDK 250
Pwr steer+ 658

20" RS Wheel 460
Lane ch 457
Light design pkg 630
Heated MF wheel 489
Pwr Sports Seats P06
14-way
Smkg pkg 583
Luggage net 581
Fire ext. 509
Black dials 022
Crest on headrest XSC
Alum pedals EFA
Stainless dr sills X70

BOSE 9VL

ED Zuffenhausen 900
(3rd ED and well worth it)

Getting closer ... I'm one who has to mull before I am content. Wish I had seen a GT3 RS in Lava to confirm my preference for this colour - it seems to bifurcate taste - which I kind of like, to be frank, not just a 'whatever' colour
Yes, Great minds think alike....although I am picking up a new 991.2 4S in March. I intend to keep it when the GT3 ultimately arrives......but, I am sorely tempted by the new McLaren 570S.....so may just swap out the 4S for the Macca which would make a nice garage buddy for the GT3.

I considered getting a used GT3 now instead of waiting but the prices are just crazy in Europe at the moment. Between 20-40,000 euro over MSRP and I am just not prepared to pay over MSRP especially when I believe that these prices will not hold much longer.

I would love to take delivery in Zuffenhausen but bizarrely, you can't from Belgium. Something to do registration taxes.
Old 11-29-2015, 05:52 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Chris3963
Yes, Great minds think alike....although I am picking up a new 991.2 4S in March. I intend to keep it when the GT3 ultimately arrives......but, I am sorely tempted by the new McLaren 570S.....so may just swap out the 4S for the Macca which would make a nice garage buddy for the GT3.
I would love to take delivery in Zuffenhausen but bizarrely, you can't from Belgium. Something to do registration taxes.
On Zuff delivery: one of the truly great aspects of buying in N America. Then to drive on the A-bahn to die Nordschleife. And yes, there's a tax arb' opp I believe for us buying a "for export" car in Deutschland which can't be exploited in the eurozone (tax treaties etc).'

570S + GT3 = sick fun. My wife would say, "no way Jose!"

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!