Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Old 04-26-2016, 03:10 PM
drgek
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 911NW
As a few people pointed out, my earlier post with shipping schedules only included ships from the Nykroro shipping line (many with names ending in "Leader").

To get schedules for other ships (including those ending in "Highway"), BEFORE those ships leave, you can go to www.pwl.de, pick "USA West and East Coast" from the first dropdown menu, and Volkswagen from the second. This will download a Schedule.pdf file from their site with their schedule.

I've attached their current schedule (downloaded on 4/26), but it's for boats that haven't left Emden yet, and so I've also attached an earlier schedule that I downloaded about 2 weeks ago (which will show the Dover Highway and the Adriatic Highway).

It looks like these get updated weekly too (since the earlier one is labeled schedule 14, and the latter is labeled schedule 17).
Thanks for this! Looks like my car lands in Houston on 5/14.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:07 PM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by budrichard
My understanding and from what I can discern with PCC activated that without the Security Feature activated, you do not get a notification if the Alarm System is activated. With Security Activated ($219/yr), the Secure Operations Center (SOC) is notified if the an Alarm Condition occurs and SOC will assist Law Enforcement in recovery.
With LOJACK, you must notify Law Enforcement and LOJACK if the car is stolen. LOJACK changes the locator beacon frequency and Law Enforcement vehicles have locators in vehicles to recover your car.
You can set a 'Speed Fence' and GEO Fence' but you would have to Set these each time you leave the car, Cancel when you drive the car and I'm still not sure who gets notified?
Let me know if your understanding is different. -Richard
BTW FWIW, I have an outstanding Security Question in to Cobra Telematics that they have not responded to. Porsche Customer Service refuses to deal with the Security Question, differing to Cobra. Rest assured I will get my concern answered!
You get a message within PCC app when 'Speed Fence' or 'Geo Fence' is breached. You define the boundaries one time and can leave them as-is. For example you can mark the area that includes home and work together as your Geo Fence and anytime the car leaves that area you'll get a message in the PCC app. You can change the settings / boundary conditions anytime you want but don't have to cancel every time you drive the car away.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:40 AM
KNor
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone seen the "Black/Bordeaux Red" interior in real life? I specced this, but I'm very unsure about how it turns out. Some people seem to claim the red is actually kind of pink-ish. I don't want pink interior...
Old 04-27-2016, 08:05 AM
Senna01
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by KNor
Anyone seen the "Black/Bordeaux Red" interior in real life? I specced this, but I'm very unsure about how it turns out. Some people seem to claim the red is actually kind of pink-ish. I don't want pink interior...
Hi,
I was in two minds to order black/bordeaux red myself but having seen a physical car at my dealers I changed my mind very quickly.

Not that it was pink (it was actually a nice shade of deep red). Just too much red for my linking. If they did 100% of the doors and dash in all black and just the seats in red I may have been swayed but as it sat it was all too much IMO.

I ended up with black/black. Boring but classy and a much safer option as I could see myself getting very tired of huge swathes of red leather very quickly.

Also read somewhere that red doesn't wear that well though I can't tell you how accurate or reliable that is.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:42 AM
robbie9999
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Just gotten word car has landed in Halifax and completed PDI, what is the time frame of delivery at this juncture ?
Old 04-27-2016, 12:41 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by robbie9999
Just gotten word car has landed in Halifax and completed PDI, what is the time frame of delivery at this juncture ?
My car was released for shipping one week after PDI and landed in Ottawa by enclosed carrier about 2 1/2 weeks later.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:16 PM
robbie9999
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thank you Petee, so starts the nerves and hesitation ....
Old 04-27-2016, 01:50 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Green Cove is supposed to be in Panama on May 1st and San Diego on May 12. Currently last position was on April 24th.
Old 04-27-2016, 05:55 PM
KNor
AutoX

Originally Posted by Senna01
Hi,
I was in two minds to order black/bordeaux red myself but having seen a physical car at my dealers I changed my mind very quickly.

Not that it was pink (it was actually a nice shade of deep red). Just too much red for my linking. If they did 100% of the doors and dash in all black and just the seats in red I may have been swayed but as it sat it was all too much IMO.

I ended up with black/black. Boring but classy and a much safer option as I could see myself getting very tired of huge swathes of red leather very quickly.

Also read somewhere that red doesn't wear that well though I can't tell you how accurate or reliable that is.
Thanks, I'm quite alright with this! I've had a full red leather interior before so I'm not bothered by the amount of it, was just concerned that it would be a lot brighter than what it looks like in the configurator.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:41 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by dflowerz
Green Cove is supposed to be in Panama on May 1st and San Diego on May 12. Currently last position was on April 24th.
The San Diego port has been experiencing delays in off loading cars. Many of the car ships are parked in the Bay waiting for authority to dock. It has caused delays often up to a week. Just the other day I saw two boats anchored in the bay waiting.

The port has been overwhelmed with all the cars coming in from Europe and Asia.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:47 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
The San Diego port has been experiencing delays in off loading cars. Many of the car ships are parked in the Bay waiting for authority to dock. It has caused delays often up to a week. Just the other day I saw two boats anchored in the bay waiting.

The port has been overwhelmed with all the cars coming in from Europe and Asia.

Ugghhhh........
Old 04-27-2016, 06:47 PM
vivekg
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KNor
Thanks, I'm quite alright with this! I've had a full red leather interior before so I'm not bothered by the amount of it, was just concerned that it would be a lot brighter than what it looks like in the configurator.
I have been traveling for quite a bit and haven't been online much, but posted a bunch of pictures of the Red Black interior on this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9264...l#post13152382

The color isn't bright, it is a nice deep color. I was worried for a while with some of the pictures I had seen, but really like it in person.

Vivek
Old 04-27-2016, 08:50 PM
zuffen911J
Track Day

Originally Posted by tnns911
My C4S is on DOVER HIGHWAY slowly crawling to Houston with ETA of 5/6.
Anybody with tracking updates on DOVER HIGHWAY?
My Carrera is on the Dover Highway! That ship is FULL STEAM ahead to Port Houston, May 2nd! My delivery date is May 13th! My salesman told me today it is possible to be at the dealership as soon as May 6th or 7th! He has not been wrong yet. I'm in mid Illinois.
Old 04-28-2016, 01:54 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone seen the graphite blau interior? At one stage I thought of being daring and going w/ Lava + GB leather - then, like Senna01 - I changed to all-black as the safe/classic option.

I'd still be curious to know how blue the grey is.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:30 PM
arch7
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She arrived in port about 10 days ago and arrived at the dealer on Tuesday. Haven't taken her home yet, waiting on clear bra and brake caliper re-paint to red. For now just some quick snaps of a dirty car....
For those curious about the red color, this is pretty close to real life in this light. So glad about the black carpet!! Seems they flip flop about whether its red or black on certain models. Can't believe its actually here. I was without a car since December, when my last 911 went back off lease (I know, first-world problem to have).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!