Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Old 04-22-2016, 06:15 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm finally picking up my Cab on Tuesday at the PEC in Atlanta!! I have been considering installing LoJack. Do you guys think it's worth it? Thank you
Old 04-22-2016, 07:29 PM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
I'm finally picking up my Cab on Tuesday at the PEC in Atlanta!! I have been considering installing LoJack. Do you guys think it's worth it? Thank you
Check the coverage for your location.
Wisconsin has none but I still might install it because it will probably head for Illinois if stolen.
I do have the PCC Security activated through Cobra Telematics.-Richard
Old 04-22-2016, 11:29 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Hear back from my SA. Car is supposed to arrive end of May. Gonna be a long month!
Old 04-25-2016, 01:58 PM
07CarreraS
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 50 Posts

My C2S (WP0AB2A90HS122817) is anchored outside of NYC on the Metis Leader waiting to unload some more cars. Should be here in Tampa by 2nd week of May. Ordered back in Oct but kept adding options so the wait is all my fault.
I plan on taking some detailed pics of the interior since I went pretty heavy on the options list.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:21 PM
tnns911
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My C4S is on DOVER HIGHWAY slowly crawling to Houston with ETA of 5/6.
Anybody with tracking updates on DOVER HIGHWAY?
Old 04-25-2016, 02:52 PM
jackippo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
Lots of luck LCW! Let us know how PEC was and lots of details on the delivery! Enjoy that new ride and thanks for all your input in the past, it makes the waiting game a little easier
Old 04-25-2016, 03:20 PM
drgek
Rennlist Member

Received 62 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 911NW
For those with their vehicles currently making their way to the USA from Germany (or who expect their cars to ship in the few weeks), here is a link to the current shipping schedule for the ships making the trip -

http://www.nykroro.com/documents/RTW-AFCON/RTWwk16.pdf

You can see what ports each ship will be stopping at on the way to you, and what dates it will visit each of those ports. Note that those dates (and the order of the ports) can change even after the ship has left Emden. It looks like updated schedules are released each week, with a link to the new schedules found here -

http://www.nykroro.com/customer/schedules.html

(The current schedule, week 16, was just updated; next week will be week 17, etc.).
I'm pretty sure that's not a complete schedule; it appears only to be for the ships of that line. My car is on the Adriatic Highway, which left Emden on 4/22.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:11 PM
tnns911
Track Day

Originally Posted by tnns911
My C4S is on DOVER HIGHWAY slowly crawling to Houston with ETA of 5/6.
Anybody with tracking updates on DOVER HIGHWAY?
Was able to find updates on http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/...OVER%20HIGHWAY for those with cars going to Houston as well.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:43 PM
LCW
Pro

Originally Posted by jackippo
Lots of luck LCW! Let us know how PEC was and lots of details on the delivery! Enjoy that new ride and thanks for all your input in the past, it makes the waiting game a little easier
Hey thank you for the kind words! Yes I will report back on the PEC delivery experience.... Just a few more hours..can't wait!!
Old 04-26-2016, 01:04 AM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
You get one year complimentary subscription to 'Porsche Car Connect (PCC)' with your purchase. With PCC app, from your iPhone (think Android version is available as well), you can locate your car precisely, in addition to a host of other features. If your car is stolen, you can let the authorities know where it is and seek help in recovering it. If you sign up for Porsche Security Services, PVTS (Porsche Vehicle Tracking System) is activated. With PVTS, if your vehicle is stolen, you call Porsche Security Operations Center and they'll do the same thing. That is, call authorities and tell them where your car is (Porsche calls it 'aiding in recovery'). Unlike few other manufacturers, they can't disable the car remotely I was told. Unless LoJack has remote car / engine disabling capability, I see no point in activating / paying for either PVTS thru Porsche Security Services or installing LoJack. This is my 2 cents after multiple calls to Porsche Roadside Assistance, Porsche Security Operations Center and Porsche Car Connect support folks.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:46 AM
911NW
8th Gear

Default More shipping schedules (for ships named XXXX Highway)

As a few people pointed out, my earlier post with shipping schedules only included ships from the Nykroro shipping line (many with names ending in "Leader").

To get schedules for other ships (including those ending in "Highway"), BEFORE those ships leave, you can go to www.pwl.de, pick "USA West and East Coast" from the first dropdown menu, and Volkswagen from the second. This will download a Schedule.pdf file from their site with their schedule.

I've attached their current schedule (downloaded on 4/26), but it's for boats that haven't left Emden yet, and so I've also attached an earlier schedule that I downloaded about 2 weeks ago (which will show the Dover Highway and the Adriatic Highway).

It looks like these get updated weekly too (since the earlier one is labeled schedule 14, and the latter is labeled schedule 17).
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Schedule - 4-11.pdf (294.2 KB, 112 views)
File Type: pdf
Schedule - 4-26.pdf (302.6 KB, 181 views)
Old 04-26-2016, 07:50 AM
LCW
Pro

Originally Posted by ATLBond
You get one year complimentary subscription to 'Porsche Car Connect (PCC)' with your purchase. With PCC app, from your iPhone (think Android version is available as well), you can locate your car precisely, in addition to a host of other features. If your car is stolen, you can let the authorities know where it is and seek help in recovering it. If you sign up for Porsche Security Services, PVTS (Porsche Vehicle Tracking System) is activated. With PVTS, if your vehicle is stolen, you call Porsche Security Operations Center and they'll do the same thing. That is, call authorities and tell them where your car is (Porsche calls it 'aiding in recovery'). Unlike few other manufacturers, they can't disable the car remotely I was told. Unless LoJack has remote car / engine disabling capability, I see no point in activating / paying for either PVTS thru Porsche Security Services or installing LoJack. This is my 2 cents after multiple calls to Porsche Roadside Assistance, Porsche Security Operations Center and Porsche Car Connect support folks.
That's great info. Thank you. Just one question, does PVTS work on the GPS network? If so, you don't get a signal if the car is in a covered space (e.g. Parking garage) or if it is in a shipping container on its way to South America :-)... Correct?
Old 04-26-2016, 11:12 AM
tnns911
Track Day

Originally Posted by 911NW
As a few people pointed out, my earlier post with shipping schedules only included ships from the Nykroro shipping line (many with names ending in "Leader").

To get schedules for other ships (including those ending in "Highway"), BEFORE those ships leave, you can go to www.pwl.de, pick "USA West and East Coast" from the first dropdown menu, and Volkswagen from the second. This will download a Schedule.pdf file from their site with their schedule.

I've attached their current schedule (downloaded on 4/26), but it's for boats that haven't left Emden yet, and so I've also attached an earlier schedule that I downloaded about 2 weeks ago (which will show the Dover Highway and the Adriatic Highway).

It looks like these get updated weekly too (since the earlier one is labeled schedule 14, and the latter is labeled schedule 17).
Thanks 911NW!!
Old 04-26-2016, 11:16 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ATLBond
My understanding and from what I can discern with PCC activated that without the Security Feature activated, you do not get a notification if the Alarm System is activated. With Security Activated ($219/yr), the Secure Operations Center (SOC) is notified if the an Alarm Condition occurs and SOC will assist Law Enforcement in recovery.
With LOJACK, you must notify Law Enforcement and LOJACK if the car is stolen. LOJACK changes the locator beacon frequency and Law Enforcement vehicles have locators in vehicles to recover your car.
You can set a 'Speed Fence' and GEO Fence' but you would have to Set these each time you leave the car, Cancel when you drive the car and I'm still not sure who gets notified?
Let me know if your understanding is different. -Richard
BTW FWIW, I have an outstanding Security Question in to Cobra Telematics that they have not responded to. Porsche Customer Service refuses to deal with the Security Question, differing to Cobra. Rest assured I will get my concern answered!

Last edited by budrichard; 04-26-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:16 AM
ATLBond
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
That's great info. Thank you. Just one question, does PVTS work on the GPS network? If so, you don't get a signal if the car is in a covered space (e.g. Parking garage) or if it is in a shipping container on its way to South America :-)... Correct?
LCW, I am not sure if it is purely GPS based or a combination of GPS and cellular network as the car can push data, anytime, on-demand, like tire pressure, fuel level, trip data and location to the PCC app. When clear bra was being installed on my car over a 3 day period, I was able to clearly see if the car was inside the installers shop or being worked on outside and if the hood or doors were open. I am also able to see the car, and its location, when it is parked in my garage or at the dealers, inside, on their shop floor. You can call the Porsche Security Operation Center folks at 1-855-826-7500 and inquire how it works, and if you do, please let us know. On a side note, signing up for Porsche Security Services is like asking a home security monitoring company to monitor your home alarm. Your car comes with all that is needed, either you can choose to monitor it yourself or have them monitor for you. If the car is stolen / missing, you still have to call them and tell them to alert authorities. Hope my response is helping you. Take care.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!