Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2019, 02:40 PM
Thinc2
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 110 Posts

Myrr - what dealer are you picking up your car from? I'm based in Bellevue (Seattle), but getting the car from the dealer in Beaverton OR...

They are estimating Feb 1 or Feb 2 for my car. I have an appt for Feb 7 to pick it up - hoping that holds.
Old 01-04-2019, 02:44 PM
myrr
Pro

Received 309 Likes on 153 Posts

All the way up to Bellingham for me... I don't have an appointment as of yet. I bet we will see our cars before Feb though....
Old 01-04-2019, 03:21 PM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Thinc2
I have GT silver because I missed the deadline for PTS (wanted the Irish Green).

The tires are for 20 inch wheels -
BRIDGESTONE
POTENZA RE980AS

Since I live in Seattle area, I need tires year round that are good in the wet and we have a lot of days where temps are in the mid 30's to low 40's in the morning, but in the 50's in the afternoon - so I think these will be a good match without bothering with having to swap tires twice a year.

For stripes, I am having it custom made, and it will look like the below, but just on a 991.2 (with a black glass sunroof)

Love the black stripes (with thin red stripe?) on GT Silver. I'm sure you'll post pictures when all is said and done.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:34 PM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
TT420 you have had such bad luck getting this car transported to you. Hopefully that means you will enjoy it all the more. I'm hanging around the Waiting Room just to cheer for/with you when you finally have it.

God bless,
TT
Originally Posted by KShep
TwinTurbo420 -

I'm with Tom...be optimistic. The wait will be worth the reward.
Thanks, guys! Has to be soon. Might go into 2nd week in January. (For no good reason)

Seems incompetent to just leave cars sitting at a U.S. port...for weeks... & not transporting them ASAP to local dealers.
Why make the salesman wait weeks longer for their commission, the dealership wait to complete the sale & of course the customer wait longer than necessary?

Whatever happened to underpromise & overdeliver?
Porsche is doing the opposite, at least for me.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:42 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 572 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinTurbo420
Thanks, guys! Has to be soon. Might go into 2nd week in January. (For no good reason)

Seems incompetent to just leave cars sitting at a U.S. port...for weeks... & not transporting them ASAP to local dealers.
Why make the salesman wait weeks longer for their commission, the dealership wait to complete the sale & of course the customer wait longer than necessary?

You have certainly received the raw end of everything regarding transporting your car to you. Porsche is a little car company but still a big business and big businesses have a hard time giving truly superior customer service. I'm hoping the extended wait will make you enjoy your car even more when you finally receive it. Believe me, this car is worth any reasonable--even unreasonable--wait. You will see.

God bless,
TT
Old 01-05-2019, 09:01 AM
tgale
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine did the same thing. It sat at the port (RI) released for transport for two weeks. They said it may be another week or so. Then the next day it just showed up. I got a call at 4pm saying "Hey guess what just showed up"...Keep the faith. The call will come! BTW what do you have on order?
Old 01-05-2019, 07:07 PM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Originally Posted by tgale
Mine did the same thing. It sat at the port (RI) released for transport for two weeks. They said it may be another week or so. Then the next day it just showed up. I got a call at 4pm saying "Hey guess what just showed up"...Keep the faith. The call will come! BTW what do you have on order?
C2S

I don’t see delivery until Tuesday…the soonest.
The only explanation I can imagine is PCNA waits for a full truckload of Porsches to deliver to Porsche dealers in the same or nearby cities. Until then, your car just sits.
B4 this experience, I had thought delays were production & waiting for a ship to the U.S. & how slow the ship was in getting here. Maybe bottleneck @ Panama Canal or other things out of the control of PCNA.
Now I know there is absolutely no sense of urgency by PCNA in a timely delivery to their customer.
I wonder if other, high end manufacturers do better with delivery?
Mercedes Benz AMG GT?
BMW?
Old 01-05-2019, 08:13 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

No tracking update on Viking Queen in 6 days on any Marine vessel tracking site. Should be approaching the east coast soon.

curious why no updates anywhere on the whereabouts of the ship
Old 01-05-2019, 08:16 PM
Thinc2
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 110 Posts

C2S

The only explanation I can imagine is PCNA waits for a full truckload of Porsches to deliver to Porsche dealers in the same or nearby cities. Until then, your car just sits.
B4 this experience, I had thought delays were production & waiting for a ship to the U.S. & how slow the ship was in getting here. Maybe bottleneck @ Panama Canal or other things out of the control of PCNA.
Now I know there is absolutely no sense of urgency by PCNA in a timely delivery to their customer.
I think what matters is whether they are meeting the timelines they set when we ordered the cars. For example my original timeline actually includes an expectation that the car doesn't exit Benicia until two weeks after the vessel arrives. I don't know if this is because of POrsche is waiting to get a full truck or due to customs etc, but I'm not overly upset by it since it was built into the schedule from the start.

Old 01-05-2019, 08:27 PM
Chris - 97C2
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
No tracking update on Viking Queen in 6 days on any Marine vessel tracking site. Should be approaching the east coast soon.

curious why no updates anywhere on the whereabouts of the ship
Unless you pay for the satellite tracking, it won't update until it gets very close to land.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:29 PM
tedhase
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Inbound on the Leo Leader currently off the coast of Puerto Vallarta...
Old 01-06-2019, 12:43 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Anyone got an active Satellite AIS subscriptions?

just curious how far from shore the Viking Queen is, its out of Terrestrial AIS range.
Old 01-06-2019, 12:51 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 572 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
Anyone got an active Satellite AIS subscriptions?

just curious how far from shore the Viking Queen is, its out of Terrestrial AIS range.

You can get a free trial on the MarineTraffic website: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/onl...ces/sat_global

God bless,
TT
Old 01-06-2019, 01:06 AM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Originally Posted by Thinc2
I think what matters is whether they are meeting the timelines they set when we ordered the cars. For example my original timeline actually includes an expectation that the car doesn't exit Benicia until two weeks after the vessel arrives. I don't know if this is because of POrsche is waiting to get a full truck or due to customs etc, but I'm not overly upset by it since it was built into the schedule from the start.
Good point.

My 1st Porsche a few years ago had the actual dates ahead of the expected dates in every item & actual delivery was ~ 2 weeks ahead of schedule. This is typical from what I have read on various forums. Underpromise & Overdeliver.

Didn’t happen for me this time.

In this case my expected date to exit San Diego port (U007) was the same as expected date to enter port (U006). Strange.
The “Porsche sales and vehicle management system” sheet also changed the planned and expected dates for Entering Port San Diego. Rhea Leader was expected at San Diego port December 19, 2018 and eventually got there five days late, December 24, 2018.
(BTW, the “Porsche sales and vehicle management system” sheet now shows actual enter port San Diego 12-26-2018…which I know, with certainly, is false, arrived 12-24-2018!)

However, the Porsche info sheet showed both planned and expected dates of 12-28-2018. So, I think they changed it, after-the-fact. In any event, looking at all the planned/expected dates, led me to believe that most of the uncertainty and delay was over with… once your ship arrived at the US Port.

Clearly this is not true.

My sheet did not have a planned or expected date listed for PDI in, PDI finished or release for transport… (NA10, NA19, V810)

With the wrong & changed dates, that I know about, I am skeptical that anything on this “Porsche sales and vehicle management system” sheet is correct.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:22 AM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
You can get a free trial on the MarineTraffic website: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/onl...ces/sat_global

God bless,
TT
its a 3 day trial and still asks for payment info which I don’t want to put in.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!