Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Old 04-27-2017, 07:00 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 613Porsche
Car is almost done a full Xpel wrap and 35% window tint. Picking up this evening if all goes well!

Car is beautiful. Wow. Congrats.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:40 PM
JawJuh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 613Porsche
Did you go with the full wrap? Mine was started Tuesday morning and they finished at 2pm today. I did have windows tinted as well so that may have added some time
Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Went with a full track wrap and also 35% tint. I agreed to bring it back for exhaust install if they did not have time to complete everything for a Friday delivery. I stipulated that only the wrap must be complete before it comes home.
Gentlemen, amazing photos of the car! Out of curiosity how much did the wrap cost? I am picking up mine tomorrow.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:41 PM
JawJuh
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everyone, SA said that my car is ready for pickup.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:39 PM
AviBen
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 76 Posts

Just to close the loop, we took delivery of our new night blue metallic TTS last week. You can see some pics here on the turbo forum: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...allic-tts.html
It was fun hanging out in the waiting room -- all the best to everyone. These are amazing cars indeed!
Old 04-28-2017, 11:53 AM
AKawasaki
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Placed an order for C4GTS

Hi all,

Last weekend as a 50th b-day present to me, I placed an order and deposit for a 2018 C4GTS (7 spd manual, rear axle steering, axle lift, bordeaux red/black leather, agate grey, etc.). I am certainly lucky to be able to afford thus and have a wife that will let me buy it.

Anyway, the dealership told me that it will take them 2-weeks to find and possibly trade a build slot with another dealership. Is this normal? In Jan 2016, I went through the same ordering process only to have the dealership call me 2 days later to cancel ny order due to Porsche canceling the 2016 GTS. Just a tad nervous and very spoiled.

Should I be nervous? If so, do you know of any tactics that either I or the dealership can implement.

Thank you
Old 04-28-2017, 01:35 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 680 Likes on 474 Posts

Originally Posted by AKawasaki
Hi all,

Last weekend as a 50th b-day present to me, I placed an order and deposit for a 2018 C4GTS (7 spd manual, rear axle steering, axle lift, bordeaux red/black leather, agate grey, etc.). I am certainly lucky to be able to afford thus and have a wife that will let me buy it.

Anyway, the dealership told me that it will take them 2-weeks to find and possibly trade a build slot with another dealership. Is this normal? In Jan 2016, I went through the same ordering process only to have the dealership call me 2 days later to cancel ny order due to Porsche canceling the 2016 GTS. Just a tad nervous and very spoiled.

Should I be nervous? If so, do you know of any tactics that either I or the dealership can implement.

Thank you
I don't think you should be nervous about a cancellation, but like me, you'll have to be a bit patient until your dealer finds an allocation. My dealer had to do the same, but it worked out.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:38 PM
kayjh
Drifting

So, still waiting for my scheduled for April 28th delivery C4 to show up at the dealership. At first I thought it might be on the same enclosed truck that an Ottawa delivery was on, but my dealer clarified Porsche's logistics. All regular 911s come via rail from the port and then open carrier from the rail yard to the dealership. The exception is for all Turbos and up (i.e. Turbo S, GT2, GT3, 911R etc.), which travel in an enclosed trailer from the port to the dealership.

My SA would like to deliver my car before month end and asked if I would pick it up Saturday if it came in today. I said I would. He said he'd even come in on Sunday to delivery it. Can't arrange insurance on Sunday though.
Old 04-28-2017, 02:56 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,195 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Finally! 6 months of waiting was worth it. Night blue metallic is an outstanding color - very hard to capture the flake in pics.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:01 PM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Absolutely Love NBM. Enjoy.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:08 PM
zijianz1
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AKawasaki
Hi all,

Thank you
Hi! I've also ordered a C4GTS in February as my 20th birthday gift. While I was lucky enough to ****** the last C4GTS allocation slot (my dealership was only given 2 for C4GTS), I was only told last week that I am expecting a November 15th delivery, and that my freezing point will be on July 10th, meaning that will be the day my build will be locked in. There were four more customers who ordered C4GTS after me, and their statuses have been stuck at V50, so most likely their cars won't even begin production until next year.

I've found out that the C2GTS orders will be delivered out before the C4 will be put into production, so if you're in a rush to receive your vehicle and if your dealership still has remaining allocations, definitely consider ordering a C2 instead. Hope I was of help to you!

PS. I also ordered mine with black/bordeau interior and rear axle steering!
Old 04-28-2017, 03:45 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just placed an order for a C2GTS to replace my 991.1 GTS when the lease is up. July build, so I should get it in August. GT Silver, Black/ Bordeaux, 7MT, CL's, SPASM, glass roof, Bose, 18 ways, Premium Plus, heated MF GT steering wheel, and of course the Porsche crests on the headrests (good for another 5-10 HP I'm sure) and the free options (smoker's package and unusable cargo net).
Old 04-28-2017, 04:34 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by kayjh
So, still waiting for my scheduled for April 28th delivery C4 to show up at the dealership. At first I thought it might be on the same enclosed truck that an Ottawa delivery was on, but my dealer clarified Porsche's logistics. All regular 911s come via rail from the port and then open carrier from the rail yard to the dealership. The exception is for all Turbos and up (i.e. Turbo S, GT2, GT3, 911R etc.), which travel in an enclosed trailer from the port to the dealership.

My SA would like to deliver my car before month end and asked if I would pick it up Saturday if it came in today. I said I would. He said he'd even come in on Sunday to delivery it. Can't arrange insurance on Sunday though.
Sorry the hear this. Hopefully it arrives sometime over the weekend and you will have it next week.

Btw not all regular 911 and others arrive on open trailers, that's a Boxster sitting under my car in the delivery transport:

Old 04-28-2017, 05:04 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Sorry the hear this. Hopefully it arrives sometime over the weekend and you will have it next week.

Btw not all regular 911 and others arrive on open trailers, that's a Boxster sitting under my car in the delivery transport:

No one is more disappointed than my SA that the car isn't here yet. regarding the shipping, I guess logistics will fill a spot with a non turbo and lesser, if there is room, but he seemed to indicate that otherwise those cars go open via rail. Anyway, they are all plastic wrapped so it doesn't really matter to me how it gets shipped.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:38 PM
GTSMeister
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Re: recent allocation discussion for C2 and C4 GTS...

My experience is that dealers will tell you whatever is needed to keep you as a customer. I was told the same story as AKawasaki that we'll trade an allocation around and it'll be a couple of weeks and you'll have your car on order. This very much depends on what your dealer has to trade and the market you are in. After two months of no action I called dealerships with some inside info on who had actual allocations and bought a car within an hour of knowing who had what. Of course I have to travel to pick up my car, a C4 GTS due in August. But it's only 600 miles and so that's a good return trip to sort out any issues.

At the time I got my order in (two weeks ago), there were 17 C4 GTS in a configurable state in the US. There were 34 C4S at that same time. The dealer I bought from was in negotiation to trade one of their two C4 GTS allocations to a SOCAL dealership. But they were more interested in selling me the car.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:40 AM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 654 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Finally! 6 months of waiting was worth it. Night blue metallic is an outstanding color - very hard to capture the flake in pics.

Wow! Stunning car! Congrats! Love the wheels!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!