Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 06:32 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan Lord
Amazingly fast!!
Two weeks from my order to production is insane. My sales advisor told me that it would be delivered then, but my past experience left me skeptical. Now the wait really becomes tough as I imagine my 911 being built.

When my Bimmer was in production, they had a link that allowed me to see the production stages. They also produced a video of it being built, and that could be downloaded. I still have it. Too bad that Porsche can't do that.
Old 10-11-2016, 09:52 AM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan Lord
Amazingly fast!!
It's the new catapult based transatlantic transport option.

/twaaaang
Old 10-11-2016, 09:59 AM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Two weeks from my order to production is insane. My sales advisor told me that it would be delivered then, but my past experience left me skeptical. Now the wait really becomes tough as I imagine my 911 being built.

When my Bimmer was in production, they had a link that allowed me to see the production stages. They also produced a video of it being built, and that could be downloaded. I still have it. Too bad that Porsche can't do that.
I read that they CAN do this for a significant fee. I know that sounds cliche because they charge for everything - and I believe I read this in a reputable magazine.
Old 10-11-2016, 12:16 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

LOL! Well, they know their market. I imagine somebody ordering a 911R would really want to have that documented for long term value.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:09 AM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Changed my order a bit and have V200 on the TT now. I expect this car to be a year round street-only daily driver that I keep for five to ten years. I had a C2S allocation but when the options all added up I talked with my SA and changed to an open but later build TT -- really I just wanted to spend more time with everyone here in the waiting room!

I didn't include or like the Sport Classic wheels or black headlights when I was digging through all the options on the configurator, but I recently saw some actual photos here and immediately changed my mind, so I added them to the build before it locks. I plan to black out the exhaust tips and might plastidip the silver ring around the wheels. Here's what I'll be getting:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHZAJ4U3

Old 10-12-2016, 01:29 AM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

have a miami blue coupe coming dec 23rd, excited for it.. honestly im dumb i didnt place an order for 991.2 back in late 15' and get delivery march and drive all year
Old 10-12-2016, 10:36 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ace37
Changed my order a bit and have V200 on the TT now. I expect this car to be a year round street-only daily driver that I keep for five to ten years. I had a C2S allocation but when the options all added up I talked with my SA and changed to an open but later build TT -- really I just wanted to spend more time with everyone here in the waiting room!

I didn't include or like the Sport Classic wheels or black headlights when I was digging through all the options on the configurator, but I recently saw some actual photos here and immediately changed my mind, so I added them to the build before it locks. I plan to black out the exhaust tips and might plastidip the silver ring around the wheels. Here's what I'll be getting:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PHZAJ4U3

Super nice - and super fast.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:38 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rijowysock
have a miami blue coupe coming dec 23rd, excited for it.. honestly im dumb i didnt place an order for 991.2 back in late 15' and get delivery march and drive all year
Yes, but it's a great holiday gift!
Old 10-12-2016, 03:40 PM
famous shoes
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

My C2S arrived on the California Highway in the Houston port last Friday. From its track on marinetraffic.com, it looked like it just beat the hurricane around the Florida peninsula.

My car still hasn't made it to the dealer yet. SA said that they have a 911R and a GT3 RS on the same shipment and the 911R gets a special truck with a mechanical lift. He thought that was probably the reason for a slight delay; car should arrive today, he says.

Despite comments from some rennlisters about looking like grandmother's sofa and rock chips are a car's patina, I absolutely detest rock chips. There is a tremendous amount of construction in south Texas. We have gravel haulers and 18 wheelers all over our highways, so its PPF for me. My detailer says this will take a few days, so I expect to take delivery sometime next week.
Old 10-12-2016, 03:45 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Update from my dealer, Porsche Warrington.
Mine is enroute on a ship called the Hoegh Bangkok. Left yesterday and should arrive in RI on 10/22
According to all chart's I've seen - its about a week to clear customs, and go to the dealership. Which means dealer inventory date is 10/29 - 10/31.

However, my salesman said dealer inventory will be 11/11. Does this seem like there is a case of underpromising so that they can over deliver? (Quote me 11/11 but surprise me with 11/1)

I don't want to be a PITA so I left it at that. I did inquire if dealer prep time could be expedited as I have a trip planned to go upstate and would love the opportunity to take the car on the Palisades for the Fall Foliage.

Tracking info :https://www.vesselfinder.com/?imo=9318474
Old 10-12-2016, 03:51 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by famous shoes
My C2S arrived on the California Highway in the Houston port last Friday. From its track on marinetraffic.com, it looked like it just beat the hurricane around the Florida peninsula.

My car still hasn't made it to the dealer yet. SA said that they have a 911R and a GT3 RS on the same shipment and the 911R gets a special truck with a mechanical lift. He thought that was probably the reason for a slight delay; car should arrive today, he says.

Despite comments from some rennlisters about looking like grandmother's sofa and rock chips are a car's patina, I absolutely detest rock chips. There is a tremendous amount of construction in south Texas. We have gravel haulers and 18 wheelers all over our highways, so its PPF for me. My detailer says this will take a few days, so I expect to take delivery sometime next week.
What is PPF?
Old 10-12-2016, 03:56 PM
famous shoes
Rennlist Member

Paint protection film, i.e. Xpel, Suntek, Clear Guard Nano
Old 10-12-2016, 04:01 PM
Bradley Scott
Racer

Originally Posted by famous shoes
Paint protection film, i.e. Xpel, Suntek, Clear Guard Nano
Thinking about doing Xpel as well at a detail shop in New Jersey. The shop put Xpel on a friend's Range Rover and it came out fantastic. No issues 18 months on, still gleaming shiny and beautiful.

The price was around $4000 for that, but the Porsche 911 should be less I am told. It requires a few days for application?

What kind of price point should I expect to pay for this? I'll be reaching out to the shop In the next few days to inquire about timing, procedure and price so I'd like to be armed with info beforehand.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:08 PM
famous shoes
Rennlist Member

If you just do the front end and mirrors it should only be a day or two. I'm planning to do a large portion of the car, so he said he would like 3-4 days. I'm looking for a quality result so I want them to take all the time they need.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:16 PM
famous shoes
Rennlist Member

My SA just sent me this picture of my car arriving at the dealership. Pretty exciting!!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!