Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying a used 991 - precautions on non-CPO?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 04:51 PM
Maxhouse97
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Buying a used 991 - precautions on non-CPO?

I am looking at getting a C2S, and due to my budget I have to be very aggressive on price. Hence most likely will have to deal with some scumbag used car dealers.

Question is - what do I need to do to protect myself for an out of state purchase that is non-CPO (beyond standard Carfax, etc.)? The car will most likely still be under warranty, but do I need to get a PPI? Run it by a dealer to check over-revs? Don't know that they will cooperate. I could ask a fellow R-lister to go check it out I guess as well.

What would you do to maintain the best negotiating position with the out-of-state dealer yet protect yourself?
Old 10-14-2015, 01:27 PM
Maxhouse97
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

After reading a couple more threads I think most are going to say PPI, as with all used purchases. Just don't know whether most used car dealers will cooperate. Guess if they don't that should tell you something.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:04 PM
dd356
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 34 Posts

Don't buy a car that someone won't have a ppi inspection done. There are way to many available to buy in the blind. I collect cars and have 8 to 10 at most times and have bought most out of state, and several unseen but always had someone go look at them for me. 991's are plentiful so best to be patient. If you are not a "car guy", i would have a dealer or knowledgeable porsche mechanic look it over even if i did look at it. The only car i never had an inspection done on was a silver nsx as i risked losing it, and i had ot have that color which was hard to find. However, it only had 5k miles on it, and they had all service records. Way to many 991's to buy on the take.

Quick Reply: Buying a used 991 - precautions on non-CPO?