Sponsored by:

GTS Cab Build

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 01:30 AM
jets
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts
Default GTS Cab Build

I have to make up my mind as I have an October allocation for a MY2016 GTS. I can't decide which of the following builds I should go with in terms of the interior. Both cost around the same.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PGIUEDU4
Red-stitch GTS Communication Package

http://www.porsche-code.com/PGKKGYW8
Leather & alcantara with carmine red accents on the dash. Also added leather dash.

On one hand the communication package is exclusive and very cool except it seems a bit much and I think it may get boring or tired somehow. Many GTS pcars will have this down the road. My other build is sharp and I think a bit more laid back; I think I'd like this a lot and the ventilated seats are something I wish my 997 had.

Let me know what you think.
Attached Images  
Old 08-12-2015, 08:44 AM
Dangelus
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jets
I have to make up my mind as I have an October allocation for a MY2016 GTS. I can't decide which of the following builds I should go with in terms of the interior. Both cost around the same.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PGIUEDU4
Red-stitch GTS Communication Package

http://www.porsche-code.com/PGKKGYW8
Leather & alcantara with carmine red accents on the dash. Also added leather dash.

On one hand the communication package is exclusive and very cool except it seems a bit much and I think it may get boring or tired somehow. Many GTS pcars will have this down the road. My other build is sharp and I think a bit more laid back; I think I'd like this a lot and the ventilated seats are something I wish my 997 had.

Let me know what you think.
Red-stitch plus leather sport design steering wheel!
Old 08-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,361 Posts

I have the sapphire blue version of your red interior spec - it looks great in person, I would *highly* recommend it...
Old 08-12-2015, 01:07 PM
jets
Instructor

Thanks Larry, any photos you can share???
Old 08-12-2015, 01:50 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Thanks Larry, any photos you can share???
I'll take some, I have been remiss in not doing so since I got the car
Old 08-12-2015, 02:12 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I'll take some, I have been remiss in not doing so since I got the car
I'll say! Get on it Larry!

For jets I have the same painted interior trim you're looking at but in Sapphire Blue of course. I'm extremely happy with it, turned out fantastic and I've gotten a ton of compliments. I really wanted the ventilated seats in place of alcantara too so no downside for me.

Here are a couple of pics and the link to my thread... made me realize that I need a few natural light photos of the interior too.

Vise's Sapphire Blue 991 GTS thread

Old 08-12-2015, 03:13 PM
jets
Instructor

Whoa that looks really slick. Thank you for the photos!!!
Old 08-12-2015, 03:38 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 206 Posts

Whoa that looks really slick. Thank you for the photos!!!

No probs, happy to help. Another Rennlister recently posted pictures of his Carmine Red Targa GTS with the painted interior trim as well, worth a look to give you an even better idea.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:47 PM
jets
Instructor

Yes I saw that. L O V E the carmine red. Before it came out I almost initiated a C2S purchase that would have been PTS. I always missed my 97 San Marino Red prelude and would have chosen that color or something similar.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:08 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Either interior will be great. I prefer the GTS Interior Communication package since it differentiates the interior, and the GTS, a little more from a regular Carrera. Not to mention, it looks fantastic.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:38 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
Either interior will be great. I prefer the GTS Interior Communication package since it differentiates the interior, and the GTS, a little more from a regular Carrera. Not to mention, it looks fantastic.
I'd love the GTS interior package - if it ditched the alcantara. I'm one of the old guys who thinks 1970's Buick velour every time I see alcantara.
Old 08-12-2015, 05:44 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,762 Likes on 692 Posts

I liked the GTS interior but after spending some time in various cars I just couldn't fall in love with Alcantara. Both the look and the feel. I have a Carmine Red Targa and I had the interior trim painted to match. It is freaking amazing, so much better in person than in any photos that I've seen. I didn't paint the trim around the center console, just the dash and door trim and I'm very happy with the decision. I have a post with a crappy interior photo taken by the SA but I'll take better photos and post soon.

For what it's worth, I am already in love with the ventilated seats. I drive mostly with the top down and the vented seats are really nice when the heat is beating down. After experiencing the leather vented seats there is no way I would go with Alcantara. But I will always be a little jealous of the red tach and the red stitching. But not enough to have done anything differently.

Jeff
Old 08-12-2015, 05:49 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,762 Likes on 692 Posts

Here is the crappy photo that I have right now but really...it doesn't come close to showing how nice this option looks from inside the car.

Old 08-12-2015, 05:50 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jeff Jones
I liked the GTS interior but after spending some time in various cars I just couldn't fall in love with Alcantara. Both the look and the feel. I have a Carmine Red Targa and I had the interior trim painted to match. It is freaking amazing, so much better in person than in any photos that I've seen.
+1

I didn't paint the trim around the center console, just the dash and door trim and I'm very happy with the decision. I have a post with a crappy interior photo taken by the SA but I'll take better photos and post soon.
I did, it looks good...

For what it's worth, I am already in love with the ventilated seats. I drive mostly with the top down and the vented seats are really nice when the heat is beating down. After experiencing the leather vented seats there is no way I would go with Alcantara. But I will always be a little jealous of the red tach and the red stitching. But not enough to have done anything differently.

Jeff
I like the alacantara/leather interior...
Old 08-12-2015, 06:27 PM
fastdiablo
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've never owned a convertible car, but the texture of Alcantara would give me pause if I did. Seems like convertible interiors get pretty dirty/dusty, so I would prefer leather which is easier to keep clean. Then again I'm borderline clinical OCD, so YMMV. I also ordered the carmine GTS package for my coupe and it was a "must have" after seeing it in person -the stitching and seat belts with that carbon is next level. Has a very "rich" and luxurious overall feel IMO.

Quick Reply: GTS Cab Build