991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS Club Coupes - Where's yours?

Old 07-23-2015, 09:58 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default GTS Club Coupes - Where's yours?

It is a PTS GTS. Why would anyone think otherwise. The 50th's were numbered for worldwide production. Has Porsche ever numbered vehicles for one market? In any case I understand the disappointment. When people ask about the number on my dash I get a kick out of telling them it's the lowest in NA. Really doesn't change the car but kinda cool none-the-less.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:08 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 201 Posts

The PCA 50th anniversary car was a numbered vehicle.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:05 AM
reuben991
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Leader
What's next...Club Blau available as a PTS color for everybody?
This is rumored (likely) to happen in the future...
Old 07-24-2015, 12:59 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 505 Likes on 158 Posts

Regarding the 60th CC color "Club Blau," quoted from the original PCNA Press Release announcing the car:
"Known as the GTS Club Coupe, the 430 HP sports car is painted in a color unique to this model, appropriately named 'Club Blau,' which was created exclusively for this anniversary edition by the Porsche Club of America."
Emphasis added.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:31 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 201 Posts

Regarding the 60th CC color "Club Blau," quoted from the original PCNA Press Release announcing the car:
"Known as the GTS Club Coupe, the 430 HP sports car is painted in a color unique to this model, appropriately named 'Club Blau,' which was created exclusively for this anniversary edition by the Porsche Club of America."
Emphasis added.
Not to harp, but I will... Even my Volvo is numbered, because it was special that the US Market got a total of 120 (80 wagons and 40 sedans) of the the total of 750 produced worldwide for 2015.5. Just saying...

Regarding the color, feeling a bit better reading the excerpt. Let's hope this holds true.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:10 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 134 Posts

My VIN is 122330.

It'll be interesting about the color. I know Azurro (50th anniversary color) was made available as a PTS option. I thought about ordering a 997.2 Targa in that color before I found and bought my black car.

Hopefully if it's made available, there will be restrictions (like only available to PCA members).

Eduardo would know the answer to this, but I wonder if Acid Blue (the basis for Club Blau) is available as a PTS color today.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:17 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 313 Likes on 191 Posts

Emphasis added.
To play devil's advocate... while Club Blau is unique and was created exclusively for that model nowhere is it stated above or otherwise that it will remain exclusive/unique forever. See Eduardo's post on Geyser Grey being available for PTS on a non-50th 991 as an example of what could happen.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:18 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 505 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
To play devil's advocate... while Club Blau is unique and was created exclusively for that model nowhere is it stated above or otherwise that it will remain exclusive/unique forever. See Eduardo's post on Geyser Grey being available for PTS on a non-50th 991 as an example of what could happen.
You're probably right.
If PCNA gets enough requests for cars to be painted "Club Blau," it'll happen.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:07 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Well gentlemen, with the sequence of known serial numbers; 325, 326 & 330, should we get a discount from Porsche? They didn't have to clean the paint equipment. Probably just loaded up a 55 gallon drum of blue and went at it.

Regarding "Club Blau" I thought I had read that the color is exclusive to us this year but after that it may (not a definite) be used again. Oh well, my blue vehicle is estimated to be at my dealer August 7th. Daughter's birthday is August 8th, maybe I'll give her a ride?
Old 07-25-2015, 01:30 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

It's a beautiful color that everyone will enjoy BUT there are NO sacred cows at Porsche......except making money. If they can make money on PTS "club blau" in the future then they will. Period. I'm sure my graphite grey will become PTS as well. It's my green dials and edition number that set it apart.
Old 07-25-2015, 06:32 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

Let me see if this makes sense, we 59 or 60 will get a "Club Blau" colored car. It will be the last of the normally aspirated 911, most of us are getting it with a manual tranny which may not continue into the future. I think that will make it unique even if there are future "Club Blau" painted 911s. That is part of the reason I did not consider going with any model number designation deletion. By the way, on Thursday I emailed my dealer for an update. The P-car manager was on vacation and his forwarding message contact was a non-P-car manager. He replied that my car's eta was Aug. 7th. Today my salesman sends me an email that my car will be delivered to the dealer on Monday. I love accurate communication. Too bad Monday is a golf day.
Old 07-25-2015, 07:28 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mtgabois
Let me see if this makes sense, we 59 or 60 will get a "Club Blau" colored car. It will be the last of the normally aspirated 911, most of us are getting it with a manual tranny which may not continue into the future. I think that will make it unique even if there are future "Club Blau" painted 911s. That is part of the reason I did not consider going with any model number designation deletion. By the way, on Thursday I emailed my dealer for an update. The P-car manager was on vacation and his forwarding message contact was a non-P-car manager. He replied that my car's eta was Aug. 7th. Today my salesman sends me an email that my car will be delivered to the dealer on Monday. I love accurate communication. Too bad Monday is a golf day.
It made sense and I was tracking right along with you UNTIL the last sentence!

While I appreciate that golf isn't a year-round endeavor where you live, making golf days all the more important, I have to question your priorities here. This coming from a lifelong golf lover with a low index.

Congratulations, btw. Can't wait to see pictures.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:24 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

I have to throw something in that is a twist. Monday golf is a mano a mano match. And the P-car manager is on vacation until Wednesday, my salesman has Wednesday off and I suppose most importantly the wife does not return from her business trip until Wednesday evening. I think the stars are aligning for Thursday with a quick visit by me on Tuesday to take a look.
Old 07-25-2015, 08:29 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mtgabois
I have to throw something in that is a twist. Monday golf is a mano a mano match. And the P-car manager is on vacation until Wednesday, my salesman has Wednesday off and I suppose most importantly the wife does not return from her business trip until Wednesday evening. I think the stars are aligning for Thursday with a quick visit by me on Tuesday to take a look.
Ah, well, that's much more understandable. Particularly the "take a look Tuesday" part.
Old 07-26-2015, 11:32 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Looking forward to delivery pictures from mtgabois in the next few days.

If anyone is interested and doesn't already know about it, there's a special interest registry group forum at clubblau.org. If you're a buyer and not already registered, there's instructions about signing up.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GTS Club Coupes - Where's yours?