Sponsored by:

Dealership backed out on an agreed price

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2015, 02:45 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by NewtownGT3
Here in So Cal, the dealer that sold me my C2S tried to sell me a 7MT GTS they had on the showroom floor. The GM gave me a pretty health discount. I didn't want the GTS, so they ended up getting my car from another dealer & still discounted it substainially. Not sure where you reside, but don't think that GTS's are that rare that one wouldn't expect some sort of reduction of price.
NorCal and SoCal are very different 911 markets. Tons of cars down there compared to up here. And who knows the history/build on that car and whether they were motivated to move it for some reason. Up here, I've had three dealers tell me they won't discount a GTS because they have no problem selling every single one at MSRP. Can't blame them if that's the market.

I will say that, in my coast to coast search for a deal on a leftover 2014 991, I don' t recall seeing a single leftover GTS out there.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:38 PM
pimpinon
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MinMay
Why make me spend over and hour with an agreed price? What a waste of time. I already ordered from the other dealership with a higher discount, but I would rather get less discount and drive the car home on that day. The sales manager should not accept my offer and said we got a deal without the GM consent. Anyhow, I'm just venting. I would think a verbal agreement would be good enough to reach a deal.
I'm not sure with this statement who is more unscrupulous. Almost feel glad you didn't get the car.
Old 06-28-2015, 09:41 PM
911sccab
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pimpinon
I'm not sure with this statement who is more unscrupulous. Almost feel glad you didn't get the car.
That's the way I read it too.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:13 PM
littlej
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With the endless tech money flowing into the Bay Area, this sort of BS from dealerships should be more common in the future.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:36 AM
MinMay
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
So it's OK for you to agree to a price (and have a purchase agreement), and then back out of the deal (to buy a car sooner), but when a dealer wastes your time agreeing to a sale price the GM won't approve, you come here pissing and moaning? Hypocritical.
Huh? it's a misunderstanding with my writing. I had no deal from other dealership. They're the one that told me to go somewhere else. And I did after. So I decided to buy it from another dealership.

And sorry for my grammar, English is my second language.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:38 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,769 Likes on 4,771 Posts

Obviously the only recourse is to go to the GM's house and burn it down.

With all the occupants inside.

#TongueFirmlyPlantedInCheek
Old 06-29-2015, 12:40 AM
MinMay
Instructor

Originally Posted by one-rennlist
I think he ordered the car at dealership B after he was turned down by dealership A. Dealer B means waiting longer, but lower price. Dealer A sells the car off the show room, but higher price.

Anyway, as a rule: written form on any agreement, and even then it requires both parties to want it.
thank you. Yes, I ordered it from dealership B after dealership A promised a price. At that point, I decided to call around and found a different dealership that offer a discount. Yeah, you're right..i should have asked for a written agreement. Oh well, I just need to wait for the car from dealership B.
Old 06-29-2015, 04:58 AM
gusp
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The only way you can save yourself now is if you start firebombing
Old 07-02-2015, 10:26 PM
Vista6019
Rennlist Member

Received 351 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by ddodds
Did you have a signed offer sheet?
And that is the right question....a smart buyer always gets something in writing
Old 07-02-2015, 10:37 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 171 Posts

What kind of discount are we talking about?

It all really kinda depends on exactly what hey said. Something could have been lost in translation.
Old 01-13-2017, 04:52 PM
snaphappy
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

At least the dealer told you about the clutch... I don't know. There are some signs here that the dealer is trying. Maybe the dealer's problem is more with the current owner than you.

If they recently did plugs etc, that's great news. Plus a new clutch. Total win. BUT without service records the dealer could be making all of that up.

If you continue to pursue this car get a PPI asap so at least you can know if the car is worth your patience.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:16 PM
bossboy302
Advanced

Nothing binding without a written agreement. Only when you have given a deposit or other form of "consideration" do you have a binding agreement.

I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn...
Old 01-13-2017, 05:26 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by snaphappy
At least the dealer told you about the clutch... I don't know. There are some signs here that the dealer is trying. Maybe the dealer's problem is more with the current owner than you.

If they recently did plugs etc, that's great news. Plus a new clutch. Total win. BUT without service records the dealer could be making all of that up.

If you continue to pursue this car get a PPI asap so at least you can know if the car is worth your patience.
I am pretty sure that after 18 months, the OP has moved on and purchased another vehicle. Just a gut feeling, through.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:36 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Never a great idea bringing up an old thread without saying you're bring up an old thread.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:02 PM
MinMay
Instructor

LOL....yes I moved on and found a better deal wow, 18 months already?

Quick Reply: Dealership backed out on an agreed price