991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cooling system fault

Old 07-16-2015, 10:11 PM
Jeffdehr
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ugh....a week after the repair and the yellow coolant fault message is back. Time for another trip to dealer. Luckily the repair can wait for me to find a convenient time to take it back. I can drive it in the meantime.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:05 AM
Anthony Bret
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fault cooling system visit garage

Originally Posted by gokuji
Got cooling system fault error, had to tow the car to dealer,apparently there is a problem with valve connecting the system.
Hope its a minor thing?
PS I read a report with Porsche being the leader in reliability based on J.D.Power survey, I was thinking tell me about it.
hello, this week the heating in the cabin stopped working. Left the car sit for 5 days In the cold in London and when I came back the heater was blowing cold air only. I own an 2012 991S with chrono and PSE.

After nearly a week if usage usage with no heating and a long time spent on forums. I got eh yellow Error message on the dash saying : FAULT cooling system visit garage.

I knew this was a COV problem and ordered the new F version of the Plenum COV/selonoid.

This is morning I drove to my friend/garage in north London and plugged the car to PIWIS. Got the error message : P1432 vacuum system leaks - Cooling system fault

i reset the fault and drove back. The heating works and the error is gone. This proves the COV is acting up and needs to be changed. Once i receive the new one I’ll get it replaced and hopefully that should sort the issue out. There are 7 other COV in the car...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cooling system fault