Sponsored by:

LIVE from Stuttgart!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2015, 02:34 AM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 256 Posts
Default LIVE from Stuttgart!!

Wife and I arrived yesterday. Went to the Mercedes museum in the afternoon - an awesome facility and history of the automobile.

Today is Porsche museum and factory tour - anyone have a car in production I should keep an eye out for?

DaveGee
Old 05-29-2015, 06:09 AM
mtgadbois
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGee
Wife and I arrived yesterday. Went to the Mercedes museum in the afternoon - an awesome facility and history of the automobile.

Today is Porsche museum and factory tour - anyone have a car in production I should keep an eye out for?

DaveGee
We are there Tuesday for the factory tour. Be interested in reading about your impressions.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:48 PM
Jeff Jones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,758 Likes on 692 Posts

Just feed us with photos of everything Porsche related please
Old 05-29-2015, 07:01 PM
enduro963
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Jones
Just feed us with photos of everything Porsche related please
He won't be able to take pics inside the Factory but the museum is allowed.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:07 PM
Puf n Stuf
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My car won't be coming down the line for a while but if you get to meet the horn-handler, give yourself 10 points and say 'Hi' from me.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:10 PM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Targa GTS Carmine Red hitting body shop today.
pictures would be great. Lol
Old 05-30-2015, 02:10 AM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Factory tour and museum were both great. Make time to go to the Mercedes museum too - very well done.

After our group tour and lunch, we had a private tour of the 918 assembly area. Awesome! It closes down in two weeks as the last cars of the build are finishing up. Bummer that we couldn't take pics.

And I did see a Carmine Red GTS on the line. But not the horn assembler. And I was looking.

DaveGee
Old 05-30-2015, 02:48 AM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

BTW, I am not a potential 918 buyer. I just got lucky having the right tour guide.

Speaking of luck, we rented a Panamera through Avis for the next week of touring Germany and Switzerland. The car they delivered was a Panamera GTS with only 2400km on the odo. What break-in miles?

DaveGee
Old 05-30-2015, 02:56 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Puf n Stuf
My car won't be coming down the line for a while but if you get to meet the horn-handler, give yourself 10 points and say 'Hi' from me.
Goodness gracious! Throughout its history, Porsche female workers were always physically strong, but rarely this good looking!

I am hoping to see the 'horn-handler' on my next trip to Zuffenhausen in mid-July!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 05-30-2015, 03:44 AM
berkeley
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Goodness gracious! Throughout its history, Porsche female workers were always physically strong, but rarely this good looking!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-06-2015, 07:38 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

Your factory tour sounded great. We did ours on Tuesday and it lasted precisely 2 hours. Started by viewing the staging area for parts, then moved on to engine assembly and finally body assembly. I was amazed at the number of groups going through tours, must have seen 6 groups in the afternoon. At the end of the tour I asked about the assembly process for exclusive items as those of us signed up for the Club Coupe realize the car goes through that area and at the time of our tour there should have been several being built. Was told that was an area we are NOT going to visit! Needless to say there were no other side visits offered. Basically it was thank you and goodbye. I did see what I thought were a set of doors for a Club Coupe. I never did see the body. The doors are separated from the body after painting. The doors are then assembled and the body is assembled and near the end the doors are reattached to the body. Best part of the visit was the going through the museum and dining at the restaurant on the top floor. If you go check out the wine; a lot of first growths. Also check out the cigar room and see what music is on the juke box. All 50s.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:42 PM
BMWMB
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 24 Posts

I was also there on friday 29th may!!! We did Museum in the morning, and factory tour in the afternoon. We could have met!
Old 06-06-2015, 09:17 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

We arrived on Monday, did the tour and museum on Tuesday and left Wednesday in the AM. How was your tour? I looked for but did not see the "steering wheel/airbag" woman. As a matter of fact we saw only one or two female assembly line workers. Did you see the best sight????? At the Porsche outlet across the street parked outside was a "Sport Classic." Nice looking machine!!
Old 06-09-2015, 04:37 PM
c_Gio
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Please politely insist on more 991 GTS build slot allocation for us Americans!
Old 06-09-2015, 07:18 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 202 Posts

Originally Posted by mtgabois
We arrived on Monday, did the tour and museum on Tuesday and left Wednesday in the AM. How was your tour? I looked for but did not see the "steering wheel/airbag" woman. As a matter of fact we saw only one or two female assembly line workers. Did you see the best sight????? At the Porsche outlet across the street parked outside was a "Sport Classic." Nice looking machine!!
If the Sport Classic is still there when I am there for ED, I may be reenacting one of those freaky YouTube videos. KIDDING!

Was it for sale, or just on display? I had the chance to see one sitting in a driveway while in Amsterdam, behind a very big gate!!!

Quick Reply: LIVE from Stuttgart!!