Sponsored by:

Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2017, 12:15 PM
NoSubs
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bad news for Diono users. / safety recall

The Radian and other Diono car seats has just been recalled for forward facing uses because it does not comply with fmvss.

https://carseatblog.com/43563/diono-...cifica-models/

I recently installed the current version of the Britax Marathon and getting a firm correct installation was a breeze with the click tight technology.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:21 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,574 Posts

Originally Posted by NoSubs
The Radian and other Diono car seats has just been recalled for forward facing uses because it does not comply with fmvss.

https://carseatblog.com/43563/diono-...cifica-models/

I recently installed the current version of the Britax Marathon and getting a firm correct installation was a breeze with the click tight technology.
Click tight install is fantastic. My only gripe is that you can over tighten the belt prior to snapping the mechanism shut and then it’s impossible to close. But that’s not hard to rectify. Once that bad boy is locked it’s locked in TIGHT.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:44 PM
Nurefe
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Help me please, to choose good seat. What seat you buy? I also need one, and it is so many models, it's hard to choose. I found for example Graco 4ever(looks good), hos do you think it is good variant? What should I look for? Thanks!
Old 11-13-2017, 07:12 PM
henrylee1
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by XLOR8T
I like the Diono but I will say it's not a Beitax advocate. The harness need a little fiddle to make it fit right. And doesn't have the click tight easy install tech of the britax. .
Hi. Can I ask if you tried the Maxi Cosi Rodi? If so, why did you decide not to go with it?

Henry
Old 11-13-2017, 09:11 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by henrylee1
Hi. Can I ask if you tried the Maxi Cosi Rodi? If so, why did you decide not to go with it?

Henry
not available in canada and I believe it’s just a booster seat not a harness seat.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:05 PM
safetravel4kids
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by XLOR8T
not available in canada and I believe it’s just a booster seat not a harness seat.
Safe Travel 4 Kids offers car seats that fit in the back of 911s. Please visit our Rennlist launch post at this link.
Old 01-27-2018, 03:25 PM
samduhspam
Track Day

Does anyone have a solid REAR FACING convertible seat that works? I understand the passenger seat will not be available with this option.

Thanks!
Old 02-05-2018, 02:03 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by eonflux
Can someone post a pic of a rear-facing baby seat that fits in the 911?
Thanks!
Rear facing is possible. I used an Aton 2 (rear-facing) and drove 1,200 miles through Europe with a four-month old when we took delivery of the GTS Targa in Stuttgart. My wife is 5’4 and was okay in the front seat; however, results may vary lol I have posted pics up on RL. If you search under ‘Aton 2’ and ‘BabyZen’ you’ll certainly find it.

Pair it with a Baby Zen Plus stroller which takes a minimum amount of space in the frunk. It’s FAA carry-on approved and is super light but sturdy.

Now a question for those ahead of me: Has anyone used a Porsche Plus Seat on Alcantara? I’m concerned about leaving impressions in the fabric, even with a seat guard/pad, because the Junior weighs almost 50lbs. Anyone have experience?
Old 02-05-2018, 02:11 PM
samduhspam
Track Day

Originally Posted by TorqueChap

Rear facing is possible. I used an Aton 2 (rear-facing) and drove 1,200 miles through Europe with a four-month old when we took delivery of the GTS Targa in Stuttgart. My wife is 5’4 and was okay in the front seat; however, results may vary lol I have posted pics up on RL. If you search under ‘Aton 2’ and ‘BabyZen’ you’ll certainly find it.

Pair it with a Baby Zen Plus stroller which takes a minimum amount of space in the frunk. It’s FAA carry-on approved and is super light but sturdy.

Now a question for those ahead of me: Has anyone used a Porsche Plus Seat on Alcantara? I’m concerned about leaving impressions in the fabric, even with a seat guard/pad, because the Junior weighs almost 50lbs. Anyone have experience?
Thanks for the tip. Looks like the Aton 2 is an infant seat, my guy is getting ready to fit in a convertible seat (rear facing). Any suggestions on that, rear facing being the key?
Old 02-05-2018, 02:13 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Cosco Scenera. Incredibly safe, dirt cheap, super light, small. In addition to the Targa, I also use it when we fly. Yep... it's that light.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:30 PM
koala
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 314 Posts

Cosco Scenera. Incredibly safe, dirt cheap, super light, small. In addition to the Targa, I also use it when we fly. Yep... it's that light.
Ooh, that looks good! Fits tight against the rear of the seats? My kids won't ride in the 911 often, so I'm loving the idea of something very light like this that I can take out easily.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:37 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by koala
Ooh, that looks good! Fits tight against the rear of the seats? My kids won't ride in the 911 often, so I'm loving the idea of something very light like this that I can take out easily.
It's tight against the seat. A little play in the front but highly rated by Consumer Reports. I switch it between my Targa and FJ Cruiser when not flying.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:55 PM
koala
Rennlist Member

It's tight against the seat. A little play in the front but highly rated by Consumer Reports. I switch it between my Targa and FJ Cruiser when not flying.
Thank you! I've been driving myself nuts on this whole thing. Ordering two of these right now.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:01 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by koala
Thank you! I've been driving myself nuts on this whole thing. Ordering two of these right now.
My pleasure. You'll love them. I'm prepping for the next phase. Already got a Porsche Junior seat (955-044-802-89) but it's incredibly heavy. I bought this before my boy was even born lol I'm thinking about buying a Maxi Cosi Rodifix next. Slim, light, proven.
Old 02-05-2018, 04:27 PM
koala
Rennlist Member

My pleasure. You'll love them. I'm prepping for the next phase. Already got a Porsche Junior seat (955-044-802-89) but it's incredibly heavy. I bought this before my boy was even born lol I'm thinking about buying a Maxi Cosi Rodifix next. Slim, light, proven.
Yeah, this is my struggle as well. My son is almost 4, so I know he will only be another year or so in this smaller seat - my daughter is 18 months, so she's fine for a while.

Quick Reply: Child Carseat That Fits 991s Coupe Rear Seat