991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Old 02-02-2019, 01:38 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,461 Posts

\Can anyone help me with the option list on WPOAB2A95ES120699? Supposed to be a '14 Carrera S but the dealer knows nothing, doesn't even get the color right...
Change the O to a 0 (there are never letter O's in a VIN, always number 0) and google it...

This will come up:

PS, NOT hot at $80K.
https://www.universityaudilynnwood.c...AB2A95ES120699
Old 02-02-2019, 06:06 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

2017 991.2 C4S / ~19k miles / GT Silver over black leather / MSRP $168k / asking $109k
PDK, X51, PCCB, PDCC, RAS, SPASM, SC, PSE. FAL, LCA, Prem Package Plus, full leather 18-ways, Glass sunroof, Burmester, front XPEL PPF

Okay HFS followers - please give me some advice. My new 911 is onboard a ship and getting closer every day - it's due to arrive in a few weeks. I considered selling my current C4S months ago when I placed my new order, but I realized that I didn't want to part with it for the months it would take for my new car to arrive. I chatted with STG about it back then to get input on a fair price, but then I wimped out and hung on to my car. I plan to trade it in when I complete the purchase in a few weeks and offset some Washington sales tax, but I've also gone back and forth about putting it on the RL marketplace to see if any RL'ers have been waiting for a high spec 991.2 to pop up.

I've never sold an expensive car privately and I am frankly a bit nervous about that process. Are there a bunch of complications? Is it too much hassle? Are the stories (below) going to make it a PITA to sell and I should just trade it in?

Here are all the "stories": Car was built in April 2016, delivered and warranty punched in July 2016. I am the first titled owner - I bought it off the lot in March 2017 with a couple hundred miles at a decent discount plus a free extended warranty to cover the lost warranty period. All maintenance is up-to-date - including the 2yr/20k mile service since the car has passed the 2 year mark - and I have all the service records. The X51 Powerkit upgrade with the GTS turbos was installed by Porsche at ~9k miles in Dec 2017. Under warranty, Porsche fixed an improperly assembled rear strut mount that was causing a squeak. No accidents, but not perfect either: My wife gouged off the R in the rear PORSCHE lettering on a half-open garage door - requiring a shop to paint/restore (Queen City did that work). Three times pebbles have gotten lodged between the wheel and the huge PCCB calipers and scratched the inside of the passenger front wheel. A rock cracked the windshield last fall so it has been replaced. I currently have a set of Carerra S platinum satin wheels mounted with Pirelli Sottozero winter tires - but I'm selling it with the original RS Spyder wheels and the fresh Michelin PS4 summer tires that replaced the original P Zeros. Since they won't fit my new car, if someone also wants the winter wheel/tire set I can leave them mounted and provide the unmounted original wheels and PS4s for $3500. If I trade it in, then I'll offer the winter wheel/tire set for sale!

Old 02-02-2019, 07:09 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 717 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by raidersfan
It is still under warranty! The car isn't even 2 years old. CPO is not the new car factory warranty: it is an add-on that you sometimes get if you buy a car from an authorized Porsche dealer. They typically tack on $3k or so to cover their end: some used cars are sold with one, some aren't, and price reflects that. Many dealers will give you a CPO/Non-CPO price, the latter of which is a $3k discount if you don't want the warranty.

You can get a CPO from a dealer for $3000, or you can contact Michael (search on the forums), who will set you up with a long-term Fidelity warranty, which is the same warranty, but for a longer time frame. CPO is for 2 years and unlimited mileage, while he writes policies that are typically 4-year/50k and more suitable to our cars. Most people aren't putting 50k a year on these cars, so the 4/50 is much more valuable. Plus, having a dealer CPO a car can be a real waste of money. For example, if you are running Pilot Super Sports on your car, and the stock tire is an N-spec Pirelli (not a good tire!), they will make you buy 4 new tires (probably from them) at an inflated price just to CPO it. Of course, tires have nothing to do with CPO, so it comes across as a bit of a scam. There is a reason many here bypass this in favor of the Fidelity warranty.

At any rate, my car is under factory warranty, so it isn't something to worry about. You can always get an extended warranty down the line if reliability concerns you. Most people find these to be reliable however: the extended Fidelity warranty is very affordable as the insurer doesn't suffer many losses on the 911. If it were a Range Rover, it would probably be something like $2500/year, instead of $900/year.
Thanks for the explanation on your car. Am familiar with the CPO and its unique issues re: transfer and re-purchase as my 2013 just went out of CPO last month. Yeah funny you mention the Fidelity warranty as I had one on my Range Rover Sport also and it was super expensive for a vehicle that sometimes has warranty/maintenance troubles. Will keep you in mind as I continue my search/decision process.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:38 PM
smbryan
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by digits
2017 991.2 C4S / ~19k miles / GT Silver over black leather / MSRP $168k / asking $109k
PDK, X51, PCCB, PDCC, RAS, SPASM, SC, PSE. FAL, LCA, Prem Package Plus, full leather 18-ways, Glass sunroof, Burmester, front XPEL PPF

Okay HFS followers - please give me some advice. My new 911 is onboard a ship and getting closer every day - it's due to arrive in a few weeks. I considered selling my current C4S months ago when I placed my new order, but I realized that I didn't want to part with it for the months it would take for my new car to arrive. I chatted with STG about it back then to get input on a fair price, but then I wimped out and hung on to my car. I plan to trade it in when I complete the purchase in a few weeks and offset some Washington sales tax, but I've also gone back and forth about putting it on the RL marketplace to see if any RL'ers have been waiting for a high spec 991.2 to pop up.

I've never sold an expensive car privately and I am frankly a bit nervous about that process. Are there a bunch of complications? Is it too much hassle? Are the stories (below) going to make it a PITA to sell and I should just trade it in?

Here are all the "stories": Car was built in April 2016, delivered and warranty punched in July 2016. I am the first titled owner - I bought it off the lot in March 2017 with a couple hundred miles at a decent discount plus a free extended warranty to cover the lost warranty period. All maintenance is up-to-date - including the 2yr/20k mile service since the car has passed the 2 year mark - and I have all the service records. The X51 Powerkit upgrade with the GTS turbos was installed by Porsche at ~9k miles in Dec 2017. Under warranty, Porsche fixed an improperly assembled rear strut mount that was causing a squeak. No accidents, but not perfect either: My wife gouged off the R in the rear PORSCHE lettering on a half-open garage door - requiring a shop to paint/restore (Queen City did that work). Three times pebbles have gotten lodged between the wheel and the huge PCCB calipers and scratched the inside of the passenger front wheel. A rock cracked the windshield last fall so it has been replaced. I currently have a set of Carerra S platinum satin wheels mounted with Pirelli Sottozero winter tires - but I'm selling it with the original RS Spyder wheels and the fresh Michelin PS4 summer tires that replaced the original P Zeros. Since they won't fit my new car, if someone also wants the winter wheel/tire set I can leave them mounted and provide the unmounted original wheels and PS4s for $3500. If I trade it in, then I'll offer the winter wheel/tire set for sale!

Nice spec/build albeit pretty heavy with all that weight. This kind of $ buys a GTS or Turbo also so you are up against that proposition.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:26 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 591 Likes on 375 Posts

Originally Posted by Gasgasrider
Can anyone help me with the option list on WPOAB2A95ES120699? Supposed to be a '14 Carrera S but the dealer knows nothing, doesn't even get the color right...

In your VIN, make sure the digit after WP is 0 (zero) and not an O, the letter after N.

Old 02-03-2019, 12:55 AM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
Change the O to a 0 (there are never letter O's in a VIN, always number 0) and google it...

This will come up:

PS, NOT hot at $80K.
https://www.universityaudilynnwood.c...AB2A95ES120699

It is Seattle: possibly the most overpriced locale to buy a car in the USA.

Did anyone see that sweet C2S on the PCA forums listed Tuesday? $83k for a 2014 C2S, X51, Aerokit, PCCB, 19,000 miles, existing CPO, plus every other sport option you can think of. The only thing it didn't have was full leather. Maybe someone here grabbed it. It was a GTS in all but the widebody, for a HECK of a lot less.

Old 02-03-2019, 01:32 AM
vincenz0
Racer

Received 145 Likes on 61 Posts

I got what i thought was a decent deal on my 2012 991.1S in Seattle. But then I'm coming from the SF Bay Area which I'd argue is worse with inflated car prices -- both used and new.

Every dealer is putting $5k-$25k market adjustments on cars these days. Heck, here is a $50k market adjustment on a Mercedes G Wagon, ridiculous. Just buy out of state and pay $800 to ship it. My buddy saw a Camry with a $5k market adjustment....really?!

Old 02-03-2019, 01:39 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 440 Likes on 283 Posts

I saw this last week at the local dealership:

Old 02-03-2019, 05:19 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Cuda911
I saw this last week at the local dealership:

It’s good to have dreams, but that ADM ship sailed long ago.
Old 02-03-2019, 10:11 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

It is Seattle: possibly the most overpriced locale to buy a car in the USA.

Did anyone see that sweet C2S on the PCA forums listed Tuesday? $83k for a 2014 C2S, X51, Aerokit, PCCB, 19,000 miles, existing CPO, plus every other sport option you can think of. The only thing it didn't have was full leather. Maybe someone here grabbed it. It was a GTS in all but the widebody, for a HECK of a lot less.

Nice find. Lose the stickers and a great ride. Please copy and post the VIN# so we can waking track the car in the future. Thanks!

Last edited by STG; 02-03-2019 at 01:15 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:01 AM
Shanh81
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by digits

I sent you a DM. I am based in Seattle as well and am interested in your car

Last edited by Shanh81; 02-03-2019 at 01:46 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:17 PM
STG
Race Director

Hey guys. Don't forget the alumni thread. Please update and some great stories there for you newer followers.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/9671...r-buys-14.html

Name:  photo973.jpg
Views: 1342
Size:  117.9 KB
Old 02-03-2019, 04:57 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

X51 Aerokit car in question just got posted here! The price is a little higher though. I think it is a solid buy at $80k. Private party on a similar GTS is likely $88-92k at this point. I know a guy who sold his GTS with the same build for $100k even, but it only had 2,500 miles. These cars lose some value by the time they hit 20,000 miles, and I do think a C2S vs. GTS has a $10,000 spread built in.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1127402

WP0AB2A92ES123222
Old 02-03-2019, 05:50 PM
STG
Race Director

X51 Aerokit car in question just got posted here! The price is a little higher though. I think it is a solid buy at $80k. Private party on a similar GTS is likely $88-92k at this point. I know a guy who sold his GTS with the same build for $100k even, but it only had 2,500 miles. These cars lose some value by the time they hit 20,000 miles, and I do think a C2S vs. GTS has a $10,000 spread built in.

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1127402

WP0AB2A92ES123222

Our friend need better picture talking skills. One with a cover on it? Nice car though. I'd take stickers off.

VIN: WP0AB2A92ES123222

Name:  photo940.jpg
Views: 1332
Size:  894.8 KB

Name:  photo187.jpg
Views: 1324
Size:  380.3 KB

Name:  photo543.jpg
Views: 1320
Size:  332.4 KB

Name:  photo107.jpg
Views: 1322
Size:  223.0 KB

Last edited by STG; 02-03-2019 at 08:19 PM.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:58 PM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by STG
Our friend need better picture talking skills. One with a cover on it? Nice car though. I'd take stickers off.
You should have seen his PCA ad. It consisted of no pictures and little description. It did have the VIN however, but most people don't know about the decoder.

I definitely agree! Very nice car!

As a comp: a guy in Boise sold a similar 2014 C2S last summer, but with Sport Design instead of the Aerokit, and no PCCB brakes, for $76,000. It had 21,000 miles, and was Platinum Silver. It also had 18-ways, PDCC, and X51.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991