Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 05:37 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

I must say, you guys have been digging up some really nice cars here. We really have a great group here at the moment

And some of you guys are on the 997 board with that for sale thread. Talk about a time commitment!

Look at all the posts just today! Great activity!
Old 02-02-2017, 05:38 PM
STG
Race Director

Quadry, when did you first see the car you're buying? From a post here?
Old 02-02-2017, 05:56 PM
Quadry
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never been to PCA Palooza, but hope too soon. You are correct in that there are a lot of great roads here to get your twistys on!

Yeah the 4 owners was a flag at first, but fleet car for first 600 miles or so. then one owner listed was for only 3 days, which was just basically a dealership. Long story short, fleet vehicle and then two personal owners. The 2 personal owners have put 10,400 miles out of the 14,650 on it.

I had already put down a deposit on it when it hit here, but it did make me feel good about it!!!!

I saw it at the bottom of the page that the aero one was listed on. I sent in a request on both to see if they were in stock. I actually thought both were old links listed, because I could not find anything on them. If I had not bought this one, I would have bought the aero.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:01 PM
beegee
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quadry
Yes sir. Having the summer (originals) put back on car and then will probably sell the OZ wheels. Not a lot of need for winter tires here in Arkie. I do like the idea of the centerlok look and everyone I know that has CL hates them, but they have not grown on me yet.

Extremely happy with it, because of the contrast stitching and dials. Lots of what I wanted in the GTS, but my new truck made me re-think spending that much. This gave me what I wanted.

Thanks as always for all of the work here guys and if I happen to pick up car before other 4s is gone, I can look at something up there for someone.
Congrats! I was interested too, but I guess you were more determined than me. Sending you a PM.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:07 PM
TerryC4S
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

I have never been to PCA Palooza, but hope too soon. You are correct in that there are a lot of great roads here to get your twistys on!

Yeah the 4 owners was a flag at first, but fleet car for first 600 miles or so. then one owner listed was for only 3 days, which was just basically a dealership. Long story short, fleet vehicle and then two personal owners. The 2 personal owners have put 10,400 miles out of the 14,650 on it.

I had already put down a deposit on it when it hit here, but it did make me feel good about it!!!!

I saw it at the bottom of the page that the aero one was listed on. I sent in a request on both to see if they were in stock. I actually thought both were old links listed, because I could not find anything on them. If I had not bought this one, I would have bought the aero.
Here's one of the roads up there. It's me in my Spyder. You have to go.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:13 PM
Quadry
Instructor

Originally Posted by TerryC4S
Great pic and gorgeous car. Nothing like fall here on a back road with a flat 6.
Old 02-02-2017, 06:16 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Great pic and gorgeous car. Nothing like fall here on a back road with a naturally aspirated flat 6.
Fixed it for you.
Old 02-02-2017, 07:48 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryC4S
Great Pic. Sold my Spyder last year to finance my Cup car. Purest sports car Porsche built in a long time.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:58 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 445 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by The Fat Kid
I know how they try to pass the car off as new, was just complaining that dealers do it.
P.S. In your example you bought a CPO, not a "new" car
Well, last June I bought a new 2015 C2S with a CPO, and 3000 miles on it. A new car title in my name and a CPO warranty thru 3/2021. Best of both worlds! Love it too!
Old 02-03-2017, 01:47 AM
1320str8liner
Track Day

Originally Posted by STG
^^^ totally agree! Nice trifecta. Great work

Lurkers where are you with your deposits?? You know there are some frantic guys out there trying to make a decision. Don't let any of these hotties get away. They should all go to a HFS home.
What's the take on buying from colder climates where it snows or harsh winters. Do P-cars easy start to show signs of corrosion due to snow and salt etc...
Old 02-03-2017, 03:21 AM
beaverlake
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Geez STG I've been watching the page count and I blinked today (actually out with friends on a top down afternoon "tour" on the east side of Seattle countryside). Congrats on the 500 page count. I'm sure I've contributed about 600 of the views so far!
Old 02-03-2017, 09:06 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by 1320str8liner
What's the take on buying from colder climates where it snows or harsh winters. Do P-cars easy start to show signs of corrosion due to snow and salt etc...

No. These cars have great corrosion resistance. Not to mention, the 991.1's aren't that old.

Not to mention, many of these cars are never driven in winter. Look at the mileage and ownership length. Buy one that was driven like 5K a year from a northern state if you're concerned. It hasn't been driven year round. All you have to do is look at the CarFax history if you prefer to have one not driven in winter. I'd say 50% or more of the 991.1's don't ever see snow/salt up north.

The history is usually pretty clear cut to me when I look at a CarFax. That being said, I'd personally prefer a car not driven in snow/salt either if I had plans not to do so myself. I'm very picky.

I bought one from a snow state myself. Not snow driven. Actually, don't think it ever saw rain either.

All personal choices. Don't want to start a dramatic conversation about drive/don't drive in snow. Just wanted to shed some light on making a choice.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:34 AM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 1320str8liner
Most P car owners I know park the cars during the winter. That being said I do know a couple that bought the 4S to daily drive during the winter. I hear it's a fun/capable car in the snow if it's not to deep. Might stay away from those from the north.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:46 AM
STG
Race Director

Like I said, do your homework. Don't be scared of any car based on location. Most of the great deals and MANY of the hottest cars listed here have come from the Midwest and East Coast.

Show me a CarFax, and I can give an accurate assessment of most cars.

Judge each car on its own merits, history, and price. Location should be a non issue other than how you're getting it home!!
Old 02-03-2017, 09:55 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by beaverlake
Geez STG I've been watching the page count and I blinked today (actually out with friends on a top down afternoon "tour" on the east side of Seattle countryside). Congrats on the 500 page count. I'm sure I've contributed about 600 of the views so far!

Thanks! Top down in February? Can't beat that!

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991