smbryan
User

2013 Black 991 S with 14k miles $122k MSRP 18-ways PSE etc. No Reserve:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Porsch...53.m1438.l2649

WP0AB2A9XDS120275
Old 04-14-2019, 09:39 PM
K-A
Super User

It always surprises me how people will put no reserve on a car on EBay. Especially a high dollar 911 where the target market who have the money and will patiently look for one that meets their criteria wonít be on there. Every single 911 Iíve seen on eBay with no reserve seems to get bid to much less than what people report they pay for said cars from more typical sales methods.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:00 PM
ajeffrey10
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by K-A View Post
It always surprises me how people will put no reserve on a car on EBay. Especially a high dollar 911 where the target market who have the money and will patiently look for one that meets their criteria wonít be on there. Every single 911 Iíve seen on eBay with no reserve seems to get bid to much less than what people report they pay for said cars from more typical sales methods.
Your point being? These are scams? Something is wrong with the car? Seller is lazy?
Old 04-14-2019, 10:35 PM
K-A
Super User

Originally Posted by ajeffrey10 View Post
Your point being? These are scams? Something is wrong with the car? Seller is lazy?
Just that it doesn't seem smart if you want top dollar or anything near it.
Old 04-14-2019, 10:37 PM
ajeffrey10
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just that it doesn't seem smart if you want top dollar or anything near it.
Thatís what I figured, but doesnít it beg the question: if it seems too good to be true, isnít it?
Old 04-14-2019, 10:40 PM
K-A
Super User

Originally Posted by ajeffrey10 View Post
Thatís what I figured, but doesnít it beg the question: if it seems too good to be true, isnít it?
Often is. When I was shopping 911's lots of "too good to be true" scams came out.

That $122K S with 13K miles for $58,100? Well, if it isn't a scam (and I'm just assuming it isn't because I have no reason to think it is) props to whoever nabs it if the price doesn't increase substantially. They could turn around and make quite the profit.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:22 PM
dgoldenz
User

Well, I'm back in the 991 mix, but this time with a '14 GT3....I tihnk it qualifies as HFS as this was the lowest priced GT3 deal I've ever seen and the car is amazing, brand new engine installed under warranty 1000 miles ago. Previous owner took really good care of it, looks brand new inside and out:

Old 04-15-2019, 01:42 PM
WGJP 993
User

Originally Posted by SFZ GT3 View Post
Zach, I am so thrilled for both of us! We both chased it before and now we can both say we enjoy the "memories" (for me) and the ride ahead for you. And thank for the kind words. We hit it off from the get go, and even with a few logistical hassles (banks grrrrrr.....) it came together perfectly. I'll be picking up my 2011 GTS, 6MT Coupe (GT Silver/Black leather, Porsche #25 in 52 years) this week and start the "ride/memory" odometer again. See you in a couple of years???? LOL.
SFZ GT3 Congrats, and your "new" 2011 GTS sounds wonderful! Tell us more about it, where you found it etc. (I looked but did not see another thread you may have started specific to your acquisition of the 2011).

I would love to find a 997 GTS....I may have to buy this from you when you find #26!
Old 04-15-2019, 04:26 PM
SFZ GT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WGJP 993 View Post
SFZ GT3 Congrats, and your "new" 2011 GTS sounds wonderful! Tell us more about it, where you found it etc. (I looked but did not see another thread you may have started specific to your acquisition of the 2011).

I would love to find a 997 GTS....I may have to buy this from you when you find #26!
Haha!! She's not even home yet, give me little time to enjoy her.... It truly was serendipity in every way.

When I decided (reluctantly) to list my 991.1 (PDK) on RL to pursue a 997 GT3 or GTS, I thought it would be weeks or months til my car sold and a new (#25) Porsche would be mine. But in less than a week, Zach and I had reached a deal and were making arrangements for him to do a fly and drive and return to Austin.

Was just doing some initial research/poking around on RL, BAT, Autotrader when I saw a post from another RL member saying he was "thinking about" selling his GTS. PM'd him, got an initial video and some pics and instantly liked what I saw. We agreed to a time frame for me to visit (FF miles are a big plus "on the hunt"!) and it went perfect. Loved the car, it's maintenance history, full documentation, and no damage, bodywork, etc. He is the original owner and was EXACTLY the kind of person you want to buy a used Porsche from.

Arranged a PPI in Raleigh, NC, at Carolina Exotic Car Club with their lead tech Kanon and got a clean bill of health. It was a go! In the interim, he had listed it for 1 day on Pano Classified at the price we agreed (as a backstop to our deal not completing). In 24 hours he had 3 "buyers" offering more than his asking price if he would unhook from our deal. An honorable man is he, and he held fast to our deal. As I've often said, you "buy the seller" as much as you buy the car!

Anyway, tomorrow, 4/16, I fly to Raleigh to pick her up on Wednesday and head back to FL. Will post proper pics and a full report soon after that. Think this one is a keeper, but we both know who is "first in line" in case #26 comes calling! It has been quite a ride since #1(1967 912/5 Polo Red/black, SN 460307, would love to find that one again!) bought new in June, 1967 and owned by me and my wife till 1988. Am I that old??????
Old 04-15-2019, 04:56 PM
WGJP 993
User

Originally Posted by SFZ GT3 View Post
Haha!! She's not even home yet, give me little time to enjoy her.... It truly was serendipity in every way.

When I decided (reluctantly) to list my 991.1 (PDK) on RL to pursue a 997 GT3 or GTS, I thought it would be weeks or months til my car sold and a new (#25) Porsche would be mine. But in less than a week, Zach and I had reached a deal and were making arrangements for him to do a fly and drive and return to Austin.

Was just doing some initial research/poking around on RL, BAT, Autotrader when I saw a post from another RL member saying he was "thinking about" selling his GTS. PM'd him, got an initial video and some pics and instantly liked what I saw. We agreed to a time frame for me to visit (FF miles are a big plus "on the hunt"!) and it went perfect. Loved the car, it's maintenance history, full documentation, and no damage, bodywork, etc. He is the original owner and was EXACTLY the kind of person you want to buy a used Porsche from.

Arranged a PPI in Raleigh, NC, at Carolina Exotic Car Club with their lead tech Kanon and got a clean bill of health. It was a go! In the interim, he had listed it for 1 day on Pano Classified at the price we agreed (as a backstop to our deal not completing). In 24 hours he had 3 "buyers" offering more than his asking price if he would unhook from our deal. An honorable man is he, and he held fast to our deal. As I've often said, you "buy the seller" as much as you buy the car!

Anyway, tomorrow, 4/16, I fly to Raleigh to pick her up on Wednesday and head back to FL. Will post proper pics and a full report soon after that. Think this one is a keeper, but we both know who is "first in line" in case #26 comes calling! It has been quite a ride since #1(1967 912/5 Polo Red/black, SN 460307, would love to find that one again!) bought new in June, 1967 and owned by me and my wife till 1988. Am I that old??????
Sounds like a fantastic find, great seller and nearly perfect car. Congrats, and I look forward to pictures and full story. And I absolutely expect to be #1 first in line on the list "just in case"...
I'll PM you my info.

**This has been an emergency test of the 997 Find system. If there had been an actual emergency..... We now take you back to our regularly scheduled 991 Hot for Sale!**
Old 04-15-2019, 06:04 PM
hrk2468
User

Default Car Search - 2014 911.1 S in Lake Zurich, IL

An available Rl er that could take the time to go look at this car, thank you - Harry
PM me and I will give you further details and thanks
Old 04-15-2019, 11:19 PM
Anand Sundaram
New User

Guys, thanks for the feedback.

So finally going forward with the purchase of the 2014 991. 21K miles on it. Paying $57K.

Old 04-16-2019, 07:06 AM
K-A
Super User

Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
Well, I'm back in the 991 mix, but this time with a '14 GT3....I tihnk it qualifies as HFS as this was the lowest priced GT3 deal I've ever seen and the car is amazing, brand new engine installed under warranty 1000 miles ago. Previous owner took really good care of it, looks brand new inside and out:

How much??
Old 04-16-2019, 09:31 AM
Bud Stoner
Addict
Rennlist Member

A true bluebird from Heaven! You are blessed dude...…….
Old 04-16-2019, 11:03 AM
dgoldenz
User

How much??
Less than the $105k that the seller was asking =)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: