Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 10:43 PM
zx5go
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by It'sGoTime
For all the PTS lovers out there, check out this Birch Green 991.2 Carrera S in Palm Beach. They just dropped the price to 109k. This has the highest msrp I've ever seen on a Carrera S at $175k. Looks like they checked pretty much every leather option on the order form, plus it has PCCBs and a crazy option I never knew anyone actually ordered - carbon floor mats with leather edging. Wish it was closer so I could check it out in person!
All that and no heated or ventilated seats!
Old 04-08-2019, 11:00 PM
It'sGoTime
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zx5go
All that and no heated or ventilated seats!
Agreed, I noticed that too. I was also surprised they didn't spec the burmester audio system.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:41 PM
chekraze
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

didn't order any dials in yellow.... sadness
Old 04-10-2019, 04:55 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Less than a month ago I traded my GT-Silver 2017 Carrera S PDK to Barrett Jaguar towards a 2019 Jaguar iPace HSE EV. They gave me a pretty good deal on the trade and I ended up on the receiving end of some cash (a never-before seen net gain after trade for me!). But interestingly, I see they've marked it up a surprisingly small amount for a trade-in, originally listing it at $102.8k but now dropping it to $99.8k.

I'm thinking that it would qualify as a very good deal for someone here, doing both Rennlist and them a favor (as a nod for making me a good deal). It's not my car anymore so maybe it qualifies as a valid candidate for this thread STG?

The car is 16 months old and has less than 6k miles, has had dealer-servicing only, is accident-free, and the big kicker is: It has full-body Suntek Ultra PPF (a nearly $5k value). The PPF has a few small nicks from gravel on the haunches while doing its job protecting the paint but it is in really good condition and was very well installed. The car has the Sport Package so it has the lowered SPASM suspension, RAS, the sport steering wheel and mirrors, etc. It also has fairly rare black-trimmed Carrera Sport wheels, a $1.5k Porsche Exclusive upgrade on top of the $1.5k Sport Classic upgrade (but they do need more work to keep clean due to the black gloss).

Here's a link to their listing: https://www.barrettjaguar.com/vehicl...tx-id-29328282.

I was very pleased with them in my transaction, hopefully you would be too. I'm afraid they probably won't have a lot of wiggle room in the price though without losing money.

Let me know if you have any questions (outside of questioning my sanity in making this move). Here's the detailed build sheet:
Old 04-10-2019, 05:14 PM
natman316
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by It'sGoTime
For all the PTS lovers out there, check out this Birch Green 991.2 Carrera S in Palm Beach. They just dropped the price to 109k. This has the highest msrp I've ever seen on a Carrera S at $175k. Looks like they checked pretty much every leather option on the order form, plus it has PCCBs and a crazy option I never knew anyone actually ordered - carbon floor mats with leather edging. Wish it was closer so I could check it out in person!

[
Wow, crazy MSRP and still missing some key items like premium pack, PDCC, powerkit, heated/ventilated seats, Burmester. Probably spent it all on CXX and leather. Still a very cool car.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:37 AM
phalloidin
6th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if this has been posted, but I think it's been up a while. Saw they lowered it $2k from a month ago. Can someone please explain this to me? Don't know what they have? Scam/vapor car?

https://www.middwestmotors.com/inven...orsche-911/363
Old 04-11-2019, 10:13 AM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by phalloidin
Not sure if this has been posted, but I think it's been up a while. Saw they lowered it $2k from a month ago. Can someone please explain this to me? Don't know what they have? Scam/vapor car?

Call them and find out. No way they have it listed so low because they don't know what they have. My guess is scam. Even with an accident history, a 50th would command more than that.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:21 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default scam

Of some sort stear clear.

Originally Posted by dkmesa
Call them and find out. No way they have it listed so low because they don't know what they have. My guess is scam. Even with an accident history, a 50th would command more than that.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:23 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Notice the website name is misspelled (two d's in midwest), making this almost certainly a scam site trying to look like a real site.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:29 AM
phalloidin
6th Gear

Originally Posted by StormRune
Notice the website name is misspelled (two d's in midwest), making this almost certainly a scam site trying to look like a real site.
I thought about that, but it could be that midwestmotors.com was already taken. If you look on google street view, it's a real place.

Last edited by phalloidin; 04-11-2019 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:35 PM
GingerPowered
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Pardon the interruption, but I wanted to send a big THANK YOU to STG for being the brains behind the HFS thread all this time, and everyone who contributes and keeps it going.

Thanks to HFS, I stumbled across a post by SFZ GT3 wherein he linked the sale page for his RY 99.1S. It turned out to be the exact same 991 that I so desperately wanted to buy from another RLer about two years back, but couldn't pull the trigger at the time. I flew to Florida last weekend; found the car to be absolutely everything it was promised to be; obviously meticulously cared for; and SFZ GT3 and I completed the deal. Despite I-10 from Florida to Texas being one of the least scenic drives in the US (imho), I was absolutely grinning ear-to-ear the whole drive back... After going through three models of the Cayman (987.1S, 981S, 718S) and loving each of them for different reasons, I'm finally in my dream car... (Pay no attention to that tear in my eye - it's just allergies!)

Today, BIL MRY is in his place of honor in the parking garage, and I can't wait to go to lunch and take him out to chew up some pavement.

Cheers, all!

Best,

GPd

Just past the FL-AL border.

RY 991 PARKING ONLY

Last edited by GingerPowered; 04-11-2019 at 01:39 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 03:21 PM
Jaskfri
Pro

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

This coupe came up on Autotrader when I was looking for cabriolets.
2014 C2S with manual for $62k w/ 8k miles. I don't know this used car lot but it's an odd location for cars like this
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...lickType=alpha
Old 04-11-2019, 03:28 PM
phalloidin
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Jaskfri
This coupe came up on Autotrader when I was looking for cabriolets.
2014 C2S with manual for $62k w/ 8k miles. I don't know this used car lot but it's an odd location for cars like this
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...lickType=alpha
google search of the VIN show it once had a very bad day.
https://poctra.com/2014-PORSCHE-911-...O-DC-MD/Photos
Old 04-11-2019, 03:33 PM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

When you search google maps for "midwest motors lake zurich" it says permanently closed. I suspect the scammer who registered that domain with midwest mispelled took advantage of the name and address of legitimate dealer that is no longer open.
I thought about that, but it could be that midwestmotors.com was already taken. If you look on google street view, it's a real place.

Old 04-11-2019, 03:42 PM
phalloidin
6th Gear

Originally Posted by dkmesa
When you search google maps for "midwest motors lake zurich" it says permanently closed. I suspect the scammer who registered that domain with midwest mispelled took advantage of the name and address of legitimate dealer that is no longer open.
Ah you're right, didn't see that. You're suspicions are probably correct and I bet if I call that number they'll be perfectly happy for me to wire them a deposit on that 50th.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991