Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2017, 08:25 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

I've seen a car just like the Anthracite one listed before with the Aerokit Cup and PCCB's and yellow belts. Not really a bad color. Looked nice.

Not the same car (as the new listing), but one I've listed before which is almost the same as the one listed.

Guys???

Attachment 1147061Attachment 1147060Attachment 1147065

Last edited by STG; 03-20-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:32 PM
911seeker
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

STG is not always right... but when he is, I gotta give it to him!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ite-brown.html

Pleasantly surprised...
Old 03-20-2017, 08:32 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,718 Likes on 1,461 Posts

Originally Posted by Ecloebl
WP0CA2A94ES140681

Any comments?
  • No Sport Chrono (IMHO a must on PDK cars)
  • No Sport Design Paddle shift wheel (nice to have, can be added but expensive)
  • No Sport Exhaust (nice to have, can be added but expensive)
  • No Full Leather (not frequently optioned, nice to have, can't be added)

Definitely not my kind of 991, but that doesn't mean it isn't right for someone else...
Old 03-20-2017, 08:34 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 911seeker
I think they are withholding the photos due to the yellow gauges and belts, in combination with the black and brown...
I saw that too... Yellow belts on a black interior, fine, but with a brown exterior??

Not the end of the world though if you like everything else. You can probably find someone to swap black belts for the yellow ones in a heartbeat or just by replacements.

LOTS OF $$$ in leather and carbon fiber upgrades on that car... Plus the pricey Aerokit, Burmester, and PCCB's. A bit surprised they didn't opt for Sport Exhaust (or skip some of the luxo options and get the powerkit getting close to a GTS before they were introduced)

STG, do you have the VIN on that look-alike car? I'd like to see more pictures of it.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:39 PM
STG
Race Director

They finally listed the $$ on this one. OUCH!!

Attachment 1147068
Old 03-20-2017, 08:40 PM
SFZ GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
I saw that too... Yellow belts on a black interior, fine, but with a brown exterior??

Not the end of the world though if you like everything else. You can probably find someone to swap black belts for the yellow ones in a heartbeat or just by replacements.
I'll swap black for yellow, any takers?
Old 03-20-2017, 08:43 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by 911seeker
STG is not always right...

Correct. Not ALWAYS right. Have a 99.1% accuracy rate though, rated by an independent research firm.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:46 PM
Ecloebl
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

• No Sport Chrono (IMHO a must on PDK cars)
  • No Sport Design Paddle shift wheel (nice to have, can be added but expensive)
  • No Sport Exhaust (nice to have, can be added but expensive)
  • No Full Leather (not frequently optioned, nice to have, can't be added)

Definitely not my kind of 991, but that doesn't mean it isn't right for someone else...
Let me show my ignorance. Why do so many think that Sport Chrono is a must?
Old 03-20-2017, 08:48 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

My opinion in a nutshell:

Because the PDK transmission is 'lazy' when not in sport-plus mode, and you only get sport-plus mode with Sport Chrono option. Further, on the 991, unlike the 997, the Sport Chrono software can not be added after purchase.

Sport Chrono also gives you a dash timer (completely useless), dynamic engine mounts (nice, but most drivers wouldn't miss it), and throttle remapping (also nice, but there are other work-arounds). None of the additional SC features are complete deal breakers in my opinion.

On a manual, Sport Chrono is a bit less important because you don't have the lazy pdk shift program to worry about. SC Sport-Plus does give you rev-matching downshifting (except on early 2012.5 cars), and also gives you the dynamic mounts, etc., but that is why some don't care as much if there is SC on a manual car.

However, if someone the kind of owner that will almost never push the Sport-Plus button anyway, buying a car without Sport Chrono might not be deal breaker for them.

Last edited by pfbz; 03-20-2017 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:56 PM
STG
Race Director

SPORT CHRONO

SC and CHASSIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=---h-Df_mHE&sns=em

Sport Chrono Package

Adrenaline at the push of a button, goose bumps included: the functions of the optional Sport Chrono Package enable an even sportier tuning of the chassis, engine and transmission – and launch you to unprecedented sporty heights.

THREE Settings:

Normal, SPORT, SPORT PLUS.

On activation of SPORT PLUS mode, Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) and, in the S models, optional Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) adapt for enhanced roadholding performance by switching to a sportier damper setting and offering more direct turn-in on entering the corner.

In combination with PDK, the Sport Chrono Package has three additional functions. The first is ‘Launch Control’, which can be used to achieve the best possible standing start – a racing start. The second function is the motorsport derived gearshift strategy. In this mode, Another few seconds faster. Under the skin. High-performance systems. PDK is geared up for extremely short shift times and optimum shift points for the maximum acceleration available.

Another component of the Sport Chrono Package is the stopwatch mounted on the dashboard. In conjunction with PCM, a special performance display enables you to view, store and evaluate lap times or other driving times. It shows the total driving time, lap distance, lap number and lap times recorded so far.

Dynamic engine mounts are also part of the Sport Chrono Package. The electronically controlled system minimises the perceptible oscillations and vibrations of the entire drivetrain, particularly the engine, and combines the benefits of a hard or soft engine mounting arrangement. In short, it enhances both driving stability and driving comfort.

PASM sports suspension (SPASM)

The PASM sports suspension is available as an option for the S models of the Coupé and only in conjunction with 20-inch wheels.
The ride height is 10 mm lower than with the PASM suspension. The springs are harder and shorter, and the anti-roll bars on the front and rear axles are stiffer. The front spoiler lip has an even sportier geometry, the rear spoiler extends even more. Not only does this further reduce lift at the front axle, it also provides downforce at the rear axle for improved aerodynamics and even better performance – combined with a surprisingly high level of comfort.

Last edited by STG; 03-20-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:00 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Forgot about launch control! A must if you plan on drag-racing any Tesla's...
Old 03-20-2017, 09:05 PM
STG
Race Director

Forgot about launch control! A must if you plan on drag-racing any Tesla's...
+ Dynamic engine mounts.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:27 PM
squid42
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

My opinion in a nutshell:

Because the PDK transmission is 'lazy' when not in sport-plus mode, and you only get sport-plus mode with Sport Chrono option. Further, on the 991, unlike the 997, the Sport Chrono software can not be added after purchase.

Sport Chrono also gives you a dash timer (completely useless), dynamic engine mounts (nice, but most drivers wouldn't miss it), and throttle remapping (also nice, but there are other work-arounds). None of the additional SC features are complete deal breakers in my opinion.

On a manual, Sport Chrono is a bit less important because you don't have the lazy pdk shift program to worry about. SC Sport-Plus does give you rev-matching downshifting (except on early 2012.5 cars), and also gives you the dynamic mounts, etc., but that is why some don't care as much if there is SC on a manual car.

However, if someone the kind of owner that will almost never push the Sport-Plus button anyway, buying a car without Sport Chrono might not be deal breaker for them.
Does anybody know whether PASM or SPASM get put into a mode in Sports+ that is not available in Sports/non-SC?

What is the Sport+ throttle map like? I absolutely hate throttle maps that put most of the range forward. I want linear, that's all.

Remind me, there is a custom mode to tell the car what you want in Sports+, right? Can you exclude some features from it? I know you can't turn off rev matching once you have it.

To be honest, my current state of mind is that I'd rather have less computers randomly pull on my wheels one way or another.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:52 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by STG
^^^ a HFS record for 991.1 depreciation. Wow!

Not surprising it came from Sonnen with that high MSRP. All Porsche dealer service. Surprised not coming up with any history on it other than CarFax.

Still has factory warranty until July 2017.

What a build. Has the Aerokit Cup package as well. This car is ringing a bell. Can't place it. Although, dealer history isn't bringing back any memories.

WP0AB2A97DS122887
Still the second highest MSRP for an S coupe that I have seen (after mine) but you are right - that is the largest discount over new I have ever seen, too!

Old 03-20-2017, 09:56 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
I've seen a car just like the Anthracite one listed before with the Aerokit Cup and PCCB's and yellow belts. Not really a bad color. Looked nice.

Not the same car (as the new listing), but one I've listed before which is almost the same as the one listed.

Guys???

Attachment 1147061Attachment 1147060Attachment 1147065
I am not a fan of the black Sport Design wheels on that car but the one listed had Carrera Classics, which I am a big fan of. Sounds like a beautiful car! Sure, the miles are higher than I would have liked (price compensates for this) but if it was in great condition, sounds like a car that would make someone very happy!

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991