Sponsored by:

Remus exhaust on a 911 991 Carrera

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 02:16 PM
lunarx
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm sure, since PSE sucks, IMHO.
However, I really wonder if Remus has a good enough Quiet Mode, for cruising.

Do you think you would be interested in adding the vacum lines and switch?
Old 03-13-2015, 04:35 PM
Archilleselbow
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lunarx
I'm sure, since PSE sucks, IMHO.
However, I really wonder if Remus has a good enough Quiet Mode, for cruising.

Do you think you would be interested in adding the vacum lines and switch?
Yeah
I'm taking it into porsche tomorrow or Monday.
They will have a look and then get a quote on the quite mode button
I also asked the local remus supplier and they will get back to me on alternatives
Old 03-13-2015, 11:32 PM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,387 Likes on 1,539 Posts

Originally Posted by Archilleselbow
It does go quiter at certain times but it's the resonance that's more the issue not the loudness.. Soo things start to slightly vibrate in the cockpit sometimes in the 2-3k rev range
That's too bad, because that 2-3K rpm range is where you live day in and day out. The hallmark of a good exhaust is to not have the boom and the resonance (i.e., drone). Putting in the valves for quiet mode won't help - the boom and resonance is caused by the design of the muffler box itself. If its really bothersome, see if you can return the exhaust and try something else. I only buy aftermarket exhausts with a return policy as there are a number of them out there I don't care for. I had an AWE Switchpath on my car for a day an they took that one back with a full refund, so props to them to offer that Policy. I considered the Remus for my car but found few people were running it on their cars, and after much research think the Akropovic system is the best one made, but at $ 10K it was too rich for me. I went with a Tubi system instead at $ 4.5K as they are known for making civil exhausts that are easy to live with at low/cruise rpms and having a nice note at higher revs. For me, that's perfect and it performs as advertised, though I had an arrangement with them as well that I could return it if not satisfied. Luckily, I was - and I was tired of swapping exhausts in and out of the car, too!
Old 03-14-2015, 03:30 AM
Archilleselbow
Track Day

Originally Posted by drcollie
That's too bad, because that 2-3K rpm range is where you live day in and day out. The hallmark of a good exhaust is to not have the boom and the resonance (i.e., drone). Putting in the valves for quiet mode won't help - the boom and resonance is caused by the design of the muffler box itself. If its really bothersome, see if you can return the exhaust and try something else. I only buy aftermarket exhausts with a return policy as there are a number of them out there I don't care for. I had an AWE Switchpath on my car for a day an they took that one back with a full refund, so props to them to offer that Policy. I considered the Remus for my car but found few people were running it on their cars, and after much research think the Akropovic system is the best one made, but at $ 10K it was too rich for me. I went with a Tubi system instead at $ 4.5K as they are known for making civil exhausts that are easy to live with at low/cruise rpms and having a nice note at higher revs. For me, that's perfect and it performs as advertised, though I had an arrangement with them as well that I could return it if not satisfied. Luckily, I was - and I was tired of swapping exhausts in and out of the car, too!
Mmm
In South Africa we don't have many options on other exhausts if u want to keep the warranty on the car
It's the standard exhaust, PSE, Remus or Akropovic - and the Akrpovic is approx $16k plus
Old 03-14-2015, 08:38 AM
Archilleselbow
Track Day

Mmm
In South Africa we don't have many options on other exhausts if u want to keep the warranty on the car
It's the standard exhaust, PSE, Remus or Akropovic - and the Akrpovic is approx $16k plus
But this remus sounds soooo good from the outside ..
I drove it again today in sports+ and manual .. The sound matches the gear change soo well the down shifts are aggressive and pensive the car seems more alive
Old 03-22-2015, 02:53 PM
Archilleselbow
Track Day

Ok so I took the car to the porsche dealership on Friday afternoon and took the head mechanic on a cruise to show him the sound then we compared it to other 911s 911 50 in terms of exhaust note and the remus won over the pse.

He then came up with the idea of just clamping the valves shut using jubilee clamps so I could hear what it would sound like I'm quite mode without fitting the button.
I drove around like that for a day or so..
The exhaust is quiter inside and a bit quiter outside..
The 2k-3k drone is still there but it is much much more manageable.. And if is bearable.

My only problem with putting it on is I am not sure if it will be connected with solanoid to the dne.. If I u understand correctly then the pse will turn itself off at certain lower revs I don't want that
Anyone have any ideas?
The other option could be to unplug the sound symposer... Has anyone done that before?
Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2015, 03:02 PM
lunarx
Rennlist Member

Wow, good news about quiet mode.
If you put the switch, you can fully control the state (on or off) of quiet mode at low RPM.
At high rpm the valves always open.

Yes, plug that symposer as many of us have done.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:50 PM
Archilleselbow
Track Day

Any links on how to do that?
Old 03-22-2015, 09:01 PM
lunarx
Rennlist Member

Any links on how to do that?
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...poser-mod.html

You will be glad you plugged it.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:13 AM
Archilleselbow
Track Day

Plugged it this morning ... Can't hear much difference the remus just overwhelmed any of its noise
Old 01-08-2021, 11:52 PM
eleow21
4th Gear

hey, I bought a 2012 991.1 C2 Carrera White with a Remus exhaust from South Africa. Wondering if this is your car! lol I'm from Malaysia.

Quick Reply: Remus exhaust on a 911 991 Carrera