Mild Modding a 991 C2

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 02:42 PM
findtom
Racer

Received 212 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Mild Modding a 991 C2

Hello,

So all this talk of GTS has made me wonder if I would achieve a similar look on my 2013 C2.

It's white so I think the black bits would really add something. I have looked at getting my exhaust tips ceramic coated and at buying the black decals (just the Porsche letters) for the back of the car. I am hopeful that the rear deck will be available from other Porsche or Suncoast, (they sell the 50th Anniversary one).

But can anyone help me with finding some factory fit (look a like) side skirts? Does anyone make small skirts like the std fit C4 ones that will fit a C2? I have seen the horrors that are TechARt and thats not really a look I'm after. Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Tom
Old 11-03-2014, 02:44 PM
findtom
Racer

I might even paint my 20" Carrera Classics matt black......
Old 11-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,423 Likes on 2,237 Posts

Originally Posted by findtom
Hello,

So all this talk of GTS has made me wonder if I would achieve a similar look on my 2013 C2.

It's white so I think the black bits would really add something. I have looked at getting my exhaust tips ceramic coated and at buying the black decals (just the Porsche letters) for the back of the car. I am hopeful that the rear deck will be available from other Porsche or Suncoast, (they sell the 50th Anniversary one).

But can anyone help me with finding some factory fit (look a like) side skirts? Does anyone make small skirts like the std fit C4 ones that will fit a C2? I have seen the horrors that are TechARt and thats not really a look I'm after. Any ideas?

Many thanks,

Tom
doesn't look like they are available for the NB cars ... how about wrapping your existing side skirts?
Old 11-03-2014, 05:17 PM
socalsteve
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Many thanks,

Tom
Same here! Same as the OEM, but to fit the narrow body version. That would be awesome!!!
Old 11-03-2014, 05:39 PM
findtom
Racer

Yep, I want the extra width and I would like to "copy" the C4 look. It's not a big thing but I wondered if anyone made something like it?
Old 11-03-2014, 06:04 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Couple of 15MM spacers in the rear = 30MM wider track.

The C4S has a 44MM wider body than the C2 .

Add some 5 or 7MM up front & you saved a ton of $$$.

I believe Porsche gets about $400 for their OEM 5MM.Total cost for this set up about $250 including the longer bolts.

Old 11-04-2014, 04:11 AM
findtom
Racer

Totally agree with you, the C2 needs spacers (the wheels are quite far back under the arches).

I'm going to try 7mm first and then maybe try wider ones if needed. My worry is that it seems very hard to find locking (longer) wheel bolts? How did you negate this?

Tom.
Old 11-04-2014, 08:20 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default C2S sideskirt/rockers...

I've found a place that makes the sidesirts/rockers that look like the ones on a C4 or GT3...
...they're in Japan, seem like would offer volume discounts.
Only available in carbonfiber though, for $1900...
Attached Images  
Old 11-07-2014, 04:02 PM
findtom
Racer

Who makes these? Are there any full body shots?
Old 11-07-2014, 04:48 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

I might even paint my 20" Carrera Classics matt black......
I don't have a solution for your side skirts, but if you want to "try out" the black bits without making any significant investment, you can quite easily plastidip the rear grill, wheels, and any other bits that you'd like to contrast in black. In case you don't like the look, you just peel the dip right off again. Doesn't adhere into the paint at all, and is a protective coating to boot. I've done this with the rear badging and side mirrors on my 4S, and get complements all the time. Other members have done wheels, and I am planning on doing the same in a couple of weeks before the winter.

Here's a couple of pics...
Side Mirrors in Matte black:

Rear badging in matte black and red (yeah, car is dirty! this shot was from last winter!):

Old 11-07-2014, 08:45 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Slantnose!
I've found a place that makes the sidesirts/rockers that look like the ones on a C4 or GT3... ...they're in Japan, seem like would offer volume discounts. Only available in carbonfiber though, for $1900...
Who makes these? Have a website? Would like to see more pics. Interesting find!

TechArt makes some nice ones too.

Last edited by STG; 11-07-2014 at 11:53 PM.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:11 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by jawells1
I don't have a solution for your side skirts, but if you want to "try out" the black bits without making any significant investment, you can quite easily plastidip the rear grill, wheels, and any other bits that you'd like to contrast in black. In case you don't like the look, you just peel the dip right off again. Doesn't adhere into the paint at all, and is a protective coating to boot. I've done this with the rear badging and side mirrors on my 4S, and get complements all the time. Other members have done wheels, and I am planning on doing the same in a couple of weeks before the winter. Here's a couple of pics... Side Mirrors in Matte black: Rear badging in matte black and red (yeah, car is dirty! this shot was from last winter!):
Roof matches the mirrors nicely. I know they're dipped.

Glass or painted sunroof? I'm glad mine is all painted, because the plastic filler pieces on either side of the sunroof get scratched easily when they're black to match the tinted glass roof.

I like the width of the 4S. The only thing I wouldn't mind having in addition to ceramic brakes!
Old 11-08-2014, 06:11 PM
findtom
Racer

Originally Posted by jawells1
I don't have a solution for your side skirts, but if you want to "try out" the black bits without making any significant investment, you can quite easily plastidip the rear grill, wheels, and any other bits that you'd like to contrast in black. In case you don't like the look, you just peel the dip right off again. Doesn't adhere into the paint at all, and is a protective coating to boot. I've done this with the rear badging and side mirrors on my 4S, and get complements all the time. Other members have done wheels, and I am planning on doing the same in a couple of weeks before the winter.

Here's a couple of pics...
Side Mirrors in Matte black:

Rear badging in matte black and red (yeah, car is dirty! this shot was from last winter!):

Ahh, looks like a good idea. How does it work? Is it a do it yourself job or did you send the bits away?

Tom
Old 11-09-2014, 08:50 AM
Slantnose!
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 991 aero parts....

Originally Posted by STG991
Who makes these? Have a website? Would like to see more pics. Interesting find!

TechArt makes some nice ones too.
It's a place in Japan called Kohlenstoff.
The Techart & others do look nice, but these are more subtle...also, they have a front airdam, rear diffuser & large rear spoiler.
I already have a GT3 wing, but really want two or three of the lower parts.
Group buy anyone?
Attached Images   
Old 11-09-2014, 09:27 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Slantnose!
It's a place in Japan called Kohlenstoff. The Techart & others do look nice, but these are more subtle...also, they have a front airdam, rear diffuser & large rear spoiler. I already have a GT3 wing, but really want two or three of the lower parts. Group buy anyone?
I found a website for them. Didn't see Porsche listed. Only Audi, VW, BMW, MB, and Maserati.

http://www.kohlenstoff.jp

Found their Facebook page and saw some 911's. I'd want to paint the side skirts and don't care about carbon fiber. They have to be a really good price to consider.

Quick Reply: Mild Modding a 991 C2