Sponsored by:

12' CPO Carrera S 130k orig msrp just listed

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 08:51 PM
991CarreraS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12' CPO Carrera S 130k orig msrp just listed

Perfect condition with all the right options.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...-interior.html

Old 09-17-2014, 09:33 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hmmmm... I'm a little confused. Your ad states that it's a private party sale, yet all of the pictures are in front of a Porsche dealership (nice pics BTW) and you state " Car just went through Porsche’s Certified Pre Owned Inspection and Certification Process", which also implies a dealer sale. That may prove to confuse a potential buyer. Unless you bought it last week and have now decided to get the GT3?

Just trying to help. GLWS.

Oh - you need more exclamation points in your ad!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2014, 10:47 AM
Chiboy
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 1 Post

If you are a car dealership, there is a minimum number of exclamation points you have to use or you can lose your license. ;-)
Old 09-17-2014, 11:11 AM
BlackBeauty
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 66 Posts

I recognize the dealership - they're really good. My guess is OP was offered a trade-in for less than he wanted and dealership offered to help facilitate a private party sale with OP covering cost of CPO since he has time before Gt3 comes in. Could be wrong but that's my guess - they're great people at that dealership and in my experience they go the extra mile.

GLWTS!
Old 09-17-2014, 01:41 PM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Chiboy
If you are a car dealership, there is a minimum number of exclamation points you have to use or you can lose your license. ;-)
Not to mention the obligatory idiot video clips.

This vehicle has power windows! And anti lock brakes! The vehicle also comes equipped with power steering, disc brakes, bucket seats and alloy wheels! In addition, this vehicle has cruise control, daytime running lights and a race inspired steering wheel!
Old 09-17-2014, 04:02 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBeauty
I recognize the dealership - they're really good. My guess is OP was offered a trade-in for less than he wanted and dealership offered to help facilitate a private party sale with OP covering cost of CPO since he has time before Gt3 comes in. Could be wrong but that's my guess - they're great people at that dealership and in my experience they go the extra mile.

GLWTS!
Agreed. Likely a courtesy offered by the dealership to handle the private party sale so the seller gets a better trade value.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:18 PM
991CarreraS
Advanced

[QUOTE=MJBird993;11655437]Hmmmm... I'm a little confused. Your ad states that it's a private party sale, yet all of the pictures are in front of a Porsche dealership (nice pics BTW) and you state " Car just went through Porsche’s Certified Pre Owned Inspection and Certification Process", which also implies a dealer sale. That may prove to confuse a potential buyer. Unless you bought it last week and have now decided to get the GT3?

Just trying to help. GLWS.

Yes, you are correct but I've owned the car for almost 2 months now. This car was supposed to be a gap car until 991 gt3s were readily available which didn't appear to be the case 2 months ago. With all the recent allocations and the increase in available cars for sale, I figured I would start early and hopefully pick one up in the spring.

Last edited by 991CarreraS; 09-17-2014 at 09:20 PM. Reason: incorrect reply
Old 09-17-2014, 09:29 PM
991CarreraS
Advanced

Originally Posted by Chiboy
Yeah...it's a little overkill. I just wanted to emphasize all the key points the were desirable to me in my search.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:25 PM
David in Talent
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you comment on the ride of the SPASM with the PDCC ? Comfortable or firm ? I have a 2007 C4S and the ride over anything less than glass surface roads sucks.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:41 PM
991CarreraS
Advanced

Originally Posted by David in Talent
Can you comment on the ride of the SPASM with the PDCC ? Comfortable or firm ? I have a 2007 C4S and the ride over anything less than glass surface roads sucks.
The ride in the normal mode is very comfortable. Not too soft or stiff. Excellent balance and control. On the sport setting the ride is a little harsh except on perfectly smooth surfaces. I tend to switch to the normal setting every time sports plus is engaged.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:12 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by David in Talent
I can't speak to SPASM or PDCC, but any 991 in any configuration is going to ride better than any 997. The 997 is more raw (and more uncomfortable) whereas the 991 is all grown up. I think it's a good thing. Some people don't. YMMV.

I owned my 997.2 for 5 months and got rid of it. I've had the 991 for 6 months now and I love it more every day.

OP: are you ordering a GT3, or just hoping that one that you like will be available? If it's the latter, you really should think about the former. There's nothing like ordering exactly what you want; no compromises!
Old 09-18-2014, 10:01 AM
991CarreraS
Advanced

Originally Posted by MJBird993
OP: are you ordering a GT3, or just hoping that one that you like will be available? If it's the latter, you really should think about the former. There's nothing like ordering exactly what you want; no compromises!
True. Depending on when the car sells I will consider ordering, but I also don't mind waiting and seeing what will be available at dealers. Only option that's a must for me is full leather.

Quick Reply: 12' CPO Carrera S 130k orig msrp just listed