Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ordered my 911

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 10:31 PM
mrsmitty
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Made a few changes scraped the power steering plus, got rid of the white gauges and sport chrono watch in Carrera white. Going to get silver seat beats now as the trim inside is silver and the deviating stitching is also silver from the 3D viewer on the Porsche website I think it will look pretty good.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:17 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Wait until November for the Sport Package to appear:

- Sport Design steering wheel
- Sport Design Mirrors
- Sport Design aero pkg
- Sport Chrono
- Porsche Sport Exhaust

will be around $2060...
That was the $# the short time that was on the Configurator, but don't you think that's a tad low? Unless the new base price is over $115K?
Old 09-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,428 Likes on 2,241 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
That was the $# the short time that was on the Configurator, but don't you think that's a tad low? Unless the new base price is over $115K?
been told that number was essentially correct...
Old 09-14-2014, 02:56 PM
docmalone
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

The "sport package" as described here will be basically a steal. Sounds too good to be true, everyone interested in ordering should jump on that. When I ordered the sport design kit for my 2013 it was almost 5k alone.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:20 PM
Jerry991
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

I don't know how long you plan on keeping your car but I can tell you that a 911 without a sunroof is much harder to sell and will take a big hit if you try to trade it in. I know that there are guys out there who don't want a sunroof but the vast majority want one and the dealers know that when they value your car on a trade.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:26 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Great build. Good call on the painted side skirts, they look great on the 4S.

Dont take too serious all the PSP bashing, this is just plain BS, drive it and make your own decision. Imo its just a bit lighter when parking but perfectly balanced and with the right weight on the move, cant tell the diference with my last 991 w/o PSP

Last edited by Galion; 09-14-2014 at 03:43 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 03:38 PM
Galion
Pro

Originally Posted by Jerry991
I don't know how long you plan on keeping your car but I can tell you that a 911 without a sunroof is much harder to sell and will take a big hit if you try to trade it in. I know that there are guys out there who don't want a sunroof but the vast majority want one and the dealers know that when they value your car on a trade.
+1, its a horrible design and most people never use it, but at this price point, everyone expects a sunroof.

You will be using the sunroof more often than you think since you are including PSE on your build. Trust me.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:54 PM
rustish
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Galion
Great build. Good call on the painted side skirts, they look great on the 4S. Dont take too serious all the PSP bashing, this is just plain BS, drive it and make your own decision. Imo its just a bit lighter when parking but perfectly balanced and with the right weight on the move, cant tell the diference with my last 991 w/o PSP
I drove it with PSP and didn't like it. It feels artificial and I'm convinced that the vast majority of the reviews that the car felt like a GT instead of a sports car were due to test vehicles having that option. Whatever you think about it, why would you need it? Waste of money at best. Lexus-like feel at worst.
Old 09-14-2014, 07:42 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by rustish
I drove it with PSP and didn't like it. It feels artificial and I'm convinced that the vast majority of the reviews that the car felt like a GT instead of a sports car were due to test vehicles having that option. Whatever you think about it, why would you need it? Waste of money at best. Lexus-like feel at worst.
Unless the "vast majority of reviews" were conducted at speeds less than 30 MPH, that will not be the case.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:27 PM
Galion
Pro

Originally Posted by rustish
I wouldn't count it as a negative but certainly nothing essential.
After driving w/o PSP for more than two years, my new PSP equipped 991 seems nicely weighted to me at any speed, no offense intended but your Lexus analogy is plain BS.
Bad reviews come from people who dont have PSP and never drove one with it or only had a short test drive with an attitude against the already debatable EPS, which is great IMO.

Last edited by Galion; 09-15-2014 at 02:41 AM.
Old 09-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,428 Likes on 2,241 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
I made enquiries after seeing this on the configurator, I have been told that it was posted prematurely, it will reappear before the end of the year, and that apparently the $'s were not in error... we will see!

If they are correct, its a good reason to wait for it ... since it discounts about $10k of options
Old 09-16-2014, 07:30 AM
mrsmitty
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jerry991
I plan on keeping my car a long time. Is the Electric sunroof sufficient as the glass one I think will look terrible unless its on a black car.

As well thinking of getting rid of the full LED lights. And going to the leather package interior package and leather center console trim. And lastly maybe the powerkit as I have the sport chrono and sport exhaust already.

Last edited by mrsmitty; 09-16-2014 at 08:02 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:04 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsmitty
I plan on keeping my car a long time. Is the Electric sunroof sufficient as the glass one I think will look terrible unless its on a black car.

As well thinking of getting rid of the stainless steel door sills and full LED lights. And going to the leather package interior package and leather center console trim. And lastly maybe the powerkit as I have the sport chrono and sport exhaust already.
I think the glass sunroof looks pretty good on most colors - but that's very personal. What we really like about it is how much airier it makes the cabin feel. The only thing I would change on it would have an option to make it completely opaque - the screen does let in a lot of light, almost too much for me when the sun is directly overhead. Fortunately it's rarely sunny in Ohio. You should try to look at cars with it in different colors if you can before nixing it.
I refuse to pay $3k+ for LED lights when they are literally on Toyota Corollas. The PDLS on my Boxster were the best headlights I have ever driven with and had plenty of reach for any night driving speed I would choose. The SS door sills have been on and off my never-ending build so many times I lost count. I think I'll end up without them as well.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:21 AM
Samp4
Racer

Since you mentioned adding the leather package. I love my interior. It the second favorite part of my car next to driving of course. If I was to order again - I would do the center console leather dash with deviated stitching. I would also consider going with Espresso. The brown and Blue look great together. The leather is also much nicer to the touch and just as durable if not more so in my experience. It would give you a car not to many others have. I have just spend some of your money so is easy for me to do. I would just go take a look at the difference in the leather installed in a car. The little samples don't do it justice.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:35 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsmitty
Let me know what you guys think
What do I think? I'll tell you what I think:

- congrats on ordering your car! That's the only way to do it. Assuming of course, that you have the patience.

- thank you for supporting we few remaining enthusiasts who also think that a manual transmission is the proper choice for a proper sports car.

FWIW, I didn't order a sunroof and I don't miss it at all. The thousand dollar hit that I may take at resale is still less than the cost of the sunroof.

Quick Reply: Ordered my 911