Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   911 50th anniversary edition info please. (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/823225-911-50th-anniversary-edition-info-please.html)

VegasSpeedy 07-06-2014 04:50 PM

911 50th anniversary edition info please.

Hello Guys,

Own several Porsches (Classics) and we are about ready to add another. The grey color on the 50th reminds me of the Slate Grey on our 67S :)

911 50th anniversary edition appears to be the perfect car for what we are after.

Questions:

1) This is a limited edition car, but it does seem to be depreciating like other modern 911s. For those of you who purchased used in the last 6 or so months what should I expect to pay?

2) IF we buy new. I read here that there are dealers with 50th inventory sitting. I searched all the usual places. Anyone have any leads? We want the houndstooth, manual, glass roof....other than that we are open to whatever is available.

3) Follow up on 2. If we buy new what would the expected discount be? I read that a new 991S is often discounted off MSRP by 4-9%.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Keadog 07-06-2014 06:29 PM

It might be tough to find a MT at much of a discount? You can search every dealer, state by state:
http://www.porschedealer.com/dealer/usLocator/states/
Or, ask your dealer to search on his computer for a match. Faster, but if I got the dealer involved I would feel obligated to go through them on any deal. That's going to probably cut into your discount, especially if there's shipping involved.
Good luck. I'm surprised there are so many left - it's already a pretty good deal in the US with the X51 option included. I guess the colors available discouraged a few people. I disliked the photos of the Geyser Grey, but thought it looked great in person when I finally saw one.

VegasSpeedy 07-06-2014 07:46 PM

I wish Porsche would sell the GT3 with rear seats......

Bacura 07-06-2014 09:10 PM

.....and I wish it would have been a delete option on my 911/50. They are useless and I would have preferred 911/50 embroidered like in the GT3 as well as a little bit of weight savings.

Mondrian 07-07-2014 09:42 AM

There is a lot of mis-information on 50th out there, dealers seem to list cars that have already left the showroom or are in fact a customer order or even belong to a different dealer (same VIN) and in some cases they are not even 50th so what you will find in your search is a lot of dead ends!

The only manual Graphite with Glass sunroof I know of in US has a nice limited edition number of 1950 at New country Porsche of Greenwich with the proper interior (Black & Silver cloth insert).

If however you fancy Geyser there was one with limited edition number of 1795 at Porsche of Conshohocken with the lighter Agate grey (cloth insert).

And there was also a Black with limited edition number of 1960 at Porsche of Motor city with the classic cloth insert interior.

All the above are manual with glass sunroof but none may be available so if you find one grab it while you can.

As for depreciation, I have posted my thoughts with some facts & figures on a different thread which you can find here;
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8185...l#post11491069

Bacura 07-07-2014 10:20 AM

Mondrian. You have made me feel bad. I have the full leather interior and now you have told me its not real....../cry.

Mondrian 07-07-2014 11:04 AM

My apologies, I was merely expressing my personal preference as I think pepita adds to the "classicness" of the car. However black leather is far more durable than fabric and is a nod to the trim of 80's & 90's (964 era) - so there you go, hope you are feeling better now.

Bacura 07-07-2014 12:37 PM

Much.

Mondrian 07-07-2014 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Mondrian (Post 11491079)
There is a lot of mis-information on 50th out there, dealers seem to list cars that have already left the showroom or are in fact a customer order or even belong to a different dealer (same VIN) and in some cases they are not even 50th so what you will find in your search is a lot of dead ends!

The only manual Graphite with Glass sunroof I know of in US has a nice limited edition number of 1950 at New country Porsche of Greenwich with the proper interior (Black & Silver cloth insert).

If however you fancy Geyser there was one with limited edition number of 1795 at Porsche of Conshohocken with the lighter Agate grey (cloth insert).

And there was also a Black with limited edition number of 1960 at Porsche of Motor city with the classic cloth insert interior.

All the above are manual with glass sunroof but none may be available so if you find one grab it while you can.

As for depreciation, I have posted my thoughts with some facts & figures on a different thread which you can find here;
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8185...l#post11491069

Further to the mis-information fact I just checked Motorcity and they have listed 2 cars on web site but pics show same LE# 1960 - I contacted them and they confirmed that they only have 1 car and they will take a back-up deposit on it meaning that the car is spoken for unless the buyer backs out of the deal. Like I said move fast if you want one.

Jerry991 07-07-2014 04:29 PM

Here's my two cents: The 50th package is a good deal if you want what is standard equipment including the X51. The number of cars built is going to make it hard for them to be collectible unless you have a car that is somehow unique and becomes especially sought after but there aren't any that I see being rare and suddenly more desirable. They haven't been out there long enough to determine what a used 50th should be selling for. Remember that the difference in value between a highly optioned car and a base car gets narrower as the cars get older. At this point with the 2015s coming out I would expect that dealers would be more likely to discount a 2014 but that is not a sure thing.

VegasSpeedy 07-07-2014 04:59 PM

Checking with the Porsche dealer on the lease residuals....same numbers for a 991S/ 991S 50th. 24 month lease with 10k miles is 71% and the 36 month lease is in the mid-50% range.

Point is that Porsche believes these cars will depreciate along the same curve as a normal 991S.

Compare to a GT3 or a GT3RS and the residuals are higher.

Rallyeporsche 07-07-2014 07:23 PM

VegasSpeedy: There is a black 7 spd manual 50th at Carlsen Porsche in Redwood City CA.

VegasSpeedy 07-07-2014 08:22 PM

thank-you kindly for the lead.

That car in CT fits the bill...working on Mrs. Speedy now...

Jerry991 07-07-2014 11:03 PM

I looked at Carlsen's website and they have a new 2012 and new 2013s.

OldGuy 08-07-2014 04:32 AM

I just saw this and the talk about the depreciation curve. There is no data for the lease people to use over all on this kind of car for figuring out the residuals, except like car. It that way people who leased got lucky or unlucky however you want to look at it. However given the "lottery some people had to go through to get one, I cant sit here and say that the FIFTIETH will follow the same depreciation as a normal 911. Thats wishful thinking on a non owners part. There are so many things on this car that distinguish it from other normal 911s. Like the headrest emblem the leather package the cloth inserts etc etc. The paint color that is on some later 356's. Will it be a GT3 RS 4.0 maybe not, but with the North American version getting the power kit just puts it over the top. The 40th is a 996 which just kills that one so the next collectable model is the 50th which is in a pretty cool model. Will it be worth $400k by 2020 probably not but it wont be too far off what we paid for it. Heck I paid $80k for my 2009 Carrera S PDK and traded it in for $60k after 5 years, how can you beat that? Get a 50th.