Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-221/)
-   -   Help With MY2015 991 C2S (https://rennlist.com/forums/991/811633-help-with-my2015-991-c2s.html)

Duke I 04-22-2014 04:12 PM

Help With MY2015 991 C2S

First off, it was with great relief that I stumbled upon this Forum. I ordered a C2S late in March and have since been staring nightly at the PConfigurator "alone, by myself." After 3 weeks I started to believe that I must be a kook to spend so much time looking at this stuff night after night. Then, I found you, other kooks! Thankfully, I appear to be as normal as you all.

Anyhow, I shall appreciate your advice on MY2015:

PDK
Sport Chrono

Agate Grey Metallic
Standard Wheels
Glass Sunroof
Rear Wiper
Folding Side Mirrors
Deletion of Model Designation
PDL, Bi-X
Park Assist w/Rev. Camera
Fuel Cap Alum. Look (I know, I know, it's plastic, I just like the look)

Leather Interior Black/Luxor Beige
Premium Pkg. 18-way
Dials in Black
Sport Design Steering Wheel
Bose
Porsche Crest on Headrests
Voice Control

My questions:

1) Interior leather.
a. I have ordered Black/Luxor, but have not seen it eyeball to eyeball. I fear the contrast might be too much and colors not a good combo.
b. I am also considering all Luxor but have been told about the light dash reflection.
c. I have seen the Black/Platinum two-tone eyeball to eyeball and think it is very nice. I'm just worried about all of the grey and black, too much? On the other hand, the grey/black combos may be more timeless -- I'm leaning towards this leather combo configuration.

2) Voice Control. Functionally worth it?

3) How does the crest embossed into the headrests look? Classy or corny?

4) Does anyone know if the PORSCHE lettering at the rear is lowered/more centered in the space by the factory when the Deletion of Model Desig. Option is chosen?

Thanking you all in advance.

Duke

MJBird993 04-22-2014 04:32 PM

I'm confused as to why you are asking opinions on these things if your car has already been ordered.

Duke I 04-22-2014 04:56 PM

I may be confused with the terms of the process, but I placed an "order" for the car but have the opportunity to make changes until something they call the "fix date."

kosmo 04-22-2014 04:58 PM

3) the crest looks nice but since its the same color as the leather it doesnt really stand out
4) I dont think so

what about the sports mirrors like the GT3?

Duke I 04-22-2014 05:02 PM

I do not think the sports mirrors fold back, do they?

petee1997 04-22-2014 05:07 PM

The rear wiper? Very few cars with that option. You should consider PSE.

sfo 04-22-2014 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Duke I (Post 11312510)

4) Does anyone know if the PORSCHE lettering at the rear is lowered/more centered in the space by the factory when the Deletion of Model Desig. Option is chosen?

yes, the configurator shows it too.

Jeffdehr 04-22-2014 06:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have the black/luxor beige interior and love the two tone look. The one mistake I made was not ordering deviated carpet in black, I think it is about $700. If you don't order the deviated black carpet you get beige which is harder to keep clean.

If you like the look of the all beige interior with Agate Grey you will be fine with the two tone. The black is only on the upper sections: dash, center console, steering wheel, and floor mats. There is much more beige in the overall package than black.

shaytun 04-22-2014 07:16 PM

The sport design mirrors fold manually.

shaytun 04-22-2014 07:18 PM

I also recommend the no cost smoking package to put a small door over that empty (and useless) hole in front of the armrest. It looks much cleaner.

duxsi 04-22-2014 07:34 PM

Voice control is not worth it IMHO.
I have always thought that the embossed headrest crest (that you can hardly see) looks corny.

Duke I 04-22-2014 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by sfo (Post 11312800)
yes, the configurator shows it too.

I thought so too, but was not certain when I studied the pic. Otherwise, the PORSCHE would appear too high on the bumper to me.

ny991 04-22-2014 09:26 PM

Duplicate post, see below.

ny991 04-22-2014 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jeffdehr (Post 11312991)
I have the black/luxor beige interior and love the two tone look. The one mistake I made was not ordering deviated carpet in black, I think it is about $700. If you don't order the deviated black carpet you get beige which is harder to keep clean.

If you like the look of the all beige interior with Agate Grey you will be fine with the two tone. The black is only on the upper sections: dash, center console, steering wheel, and floor mats. There is much more beige in the overall package than black.

Wow, great pic! I am considering upgrading to a 2015 with X51 in Saphire with your interior. I think I would go with the deviated stitching on the steering wheel though.

I want the white gauges too!

Beautiful car you have!

ipse dixit 04-22-2014 09:33 PM

I know some folks here really like it, but I find the voice control on the 911 to be generally useless.

I would also highly recommend the LEDs (or PDLS Plus).

Either way, great build. Enjoy the wait.