Sponsored by:

Meant to be Driven!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 01:12 PM
DAlex
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots of questions, and here are answers:

1. Foam gun is from Detailers Domain and attaches to the hose. Mixed a couple of ounces of soap with water in the container and let the foam fly. Works great. I use the Optimum soap from a Detailers Domain.

2. The sprayer with the pump has Sonax wheel cleaner in it.

3. The power tool is a cordless drill to which is attached the Power Stick, also from Detailers Domain to clean insides of wheels. Used with Sonax does a great job.

4. Plates were not removed.

5. Car has not been lowered. Stock with PASM.

6. Could not agree more about the road from Kaltskanie to Mist. Very entertaining. The other road mentioned down by Canon Beach is also a winner.

Thanks for all the nice comments!
Old 01-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok, so next time you have the drill handy when washing, remove the license plates...that part of your beautiful car deserves the same treatment as the rest
Old 01-21-2014, 03:35 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Very nice!
Old 01-21-2014, 04:30 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by DAlex
5. Car has not been lowered. Stock with PASM.
PASM or Sport PASM? Looks like the latter.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:15 AM
DAlex
Advanced

Originally Posted by LexVan
PASM or Sport PASM? Looks like the latter.
Sport PASM.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:16 AM
DAlex
Advanced

Sport PASM. 😃
Old 01-23-2014, 01:02 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts

No trickle charger for you.
Great read and a good lesson for all those Garage Queens. Thanks for posting.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Originally Posted by duxsi
No trickle charger for you. Great read and a good lesson for all those Garage Queens. Thanks for posting.
Here we go again... it's been beaten to death at this point. Anybody should enjoy their 911 as they see fit. Some people like to drive it year around, some don't. Mine is simply too low for upstate NY winters and the crappy roads... cracks and potholes that won't be fixed until May. In any case, my g wagon deals with it better and I love driving that car as well. Should we start another thread and talk about how people who don't track their 911 are doing it wrong?
Old 01-23-2014, 03:45 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Amen!

Old 01-23-2014, 06:22 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Here we go again... it's been beaten to death at this point. Anybody should enjoy their 911 as they see fit. Some people like to drive it year around, some don't. Mine is simply too low for upstate NY winters and the crappy roads... cracks and potholes that won't be fixed until May. In any case, my g wagon deals with it better and I love driving that car as well. Should we start another thread and talk about how people who don't track their 911 are doing it wrong?
+1 plutonium! Since you started it, let me add a few thoughts...
I have no idea why I bought a black car, do you know how hard it is to keep clean? Sometimes I actually leave my 991 in the garage even when it's nice out just because I feel like it! Sometimes I take my 991 out when it is not nice just because I feel like it! Can you believe I didn't get the smokers package just because i use the coin cup and don't need another power outlet? Even I don't understand why I would ever get the PDK, which I did, or why I would consider the C4 platform instead of the C2 platform, which I did. Oh...and I don't have any mods, because I think the engineers and designers at Porsche did a fine job and I like my car the way it is. And I'm happy for people who got their dream corvette/ferrari/(insert other car name here)...and i don't care if they are faster/handle better/are more "soulful"/(insert other attribute here.) Hell, I even use carnauba wax instead of polymers...I must be nuts! Dang, I'm even ok with the Pirelli tires (OMG, did I really just say that?) Shoot, I even told BigAl from Florida I wouldn't tease him as much about leaving his spoiler up! I darn near thought about pushing the spoiler button once myself! But I didn't BigAl, I didn't. Guess what? - the 18 way seats fit me perfectly - Ha! I am sure the list is endless, but I'll spare you all. How come there isn't a special font for sarcasm?
Cheers!
(that was fun, thanks for indulging me!)

ps: a G wagon...really?
Old 01-23-2014, 06:27 PM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hammer, don't stop now, you're on a roll...
Old 01-23-2014, 06:42 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

...and another thing: I followed the recommended break-in procedure in the manual. Not only that, I actually read the manual! And i do want to track my car , and my cayenne turbo S like my friend Chuck says, but I have to find the time and i want to wait until my son can drive too. I service my car at the dealer and am very happy with them. I like the Bose system. And nobody could be more surprised than I am at how gorgeous my wonderful wife is...I don't understand how i did it either.

That is all.
Old 01-23-2014, 06:45 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Go Hammer. Go Hammer. Go Hammer.

Old 01-24-2014, 07:37 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer911
...and another thing: I followed the recommended break-in procedure in the manual. Not only that, I actually read the manual! And i do want to track my car , and my cayenne turbo S like my friend Chuck says, but I have to find the time and i want to wait until my son can drive too. I service my car at the dealer and am very happy with them. I like the Bose system. And nobody could be more surprised than I am at how gorgeous my wonderful wife is...I don't understand how i did it either.

That is all.

LOL ... loved your two posts Hammer !

So you are implying you built your wife yourself ? ;-)
Old 01-24-2014, 09:49 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Originally Posted by Hammer911
ps: a G wagon...really?
What's wrong with the wagon? It's built like a tank, and I could drive that monster as the crow flies.

Quick Reply: Meant to be Driven!