Sponsored by:

Servicing at different dealer where purchased

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 06:00 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by docjohnM
When I had an Audi and moved out of PA, my local NJ dealer told me there was a month-long wait for the 20,000 mile service. I could not believe it, since my friend gets in the same week as his call. That dealer chose to be vindictive!
Think about it from the perspective of the dealer's sales customers. They rightfully get first priority over people who bought their cars somewhere else. I don't see anything vindictive about that, it's just basic customer relations.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:39 PM
docjohnM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
Think about it from the perspective of the dealer's sales customers. They rightfully get first priority over people who bought their cars somewhere else. I don't see anything vindictive about that, it's just basic customer relations.
Noah, I do know they do it on purpose and it is not innocent. I have several patients that work there and it was the manager's policy to "push away" low profit business of non-buyers and to remind customers that quick service is a "perk" of buying the car there. Apparently, the Audi full-service is not a huge money-maker for them. They actually mentioned it to me when I complained about the 40 day wait. They said, I should have bought it there and smiled at me. I pleaded my case by telling them I moved from PA, but to no avail. they suggested I go back to PA. And, If I told you how "bent" their sales force is, you'd probably call me a liar! LOL!

I also guess I can't see how they could be booked for over a month. Either way, they fired that manager and re-instated the fellow who was there for the 20 years before he was let go. He got me out of a bad situation with my 997.2S and has renewed much of my confidence in their shop!
Old 12-16-2013, 09:30 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by docjohnM
Noah, I do know they do it on purpose and it is not innocent. I have several patients that work there and it was the manager's policy to "push away" low profit business of non-buyers and to remind customers that quick service is a "perk" of buying the car there. Apparently, the Audi full-service is not a huge money-maker for them. They actually mentioned it to me when I complained about the 40 day wait. They said, I should have bought it there and smiled at me. I pleaded my case by telling them I moved from PA, but to no avail. they suggested I go back to PA. And, If I told you how "bent" their sales force is, you'd probably call me a liar! LOL! !
Yeah, that's over the top. If their service department is booked 30 days+ out, they are doing something very wrong. (Well, or Audi is.) You'd almost certainly be better off servicing somewhere else.

Quick Reply: Servicing at different dealer where purchased