Mesh grill kit - Looking for front bumper schematic

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 06:53 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mesh grill kit - Looking for front bumper schematic

Hi All,

I am working with a company to try and develop a mesh grill kit for my C4S with the Power Kit. Does anyone here have access to an exploded schematic of the front bumper assembly for this car to aid in the development?

Thanks very much,
Old 11-26-2013, 03:39 PM
SkandoSchwabe
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 9 Posts

Would be very interested in your development results. Please keep us posted!
Old 11-26-2013, 04:41 PM
John 996 TT Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think Rennsport already has this. I just ordered for C2S with Parking Sensors and X51 from them. Not sure about C4S but suggest you call them.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Thanks, I have talked with Rennline and they have a few kits available although maybe not for the C4S with the Power Kit and the stock front bumper. I have not seen it yet, but I think their kit for the stock front bumper fills the whole oval space and I don't think that would work well for Power Kit cars. The fellow I spoke with said they include the center grill with their kits but do not expect most folks to use it, rather the 2 side grills.

If you look in a previous thread and see the one that is mounted on an Aero Kit front bumper with the power kit the center section of the mesh is more rectangular similar to the radiator it is protecting and wraps a bit forward at the bottom. I think if I am to have this made I would go with a rectangular mesh grill about an inch in front of the radiator to keep it simple.

I am checking into another mesh grill provider, http://racemesh.com which seems to have a high quality mesh available in several styles and colors. Looks like a decent product. I found their name while sifting through a number of post's on the topic, another C4S owner used them but I think he may have had the previous model. The tough part of this is working out the details remotely.

This would be a good addition to our cars and provide some bit of protection and could also look nice.

I'll put an update out if I am successful.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:03 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Hello all, just an update. The Racemesh folks said they could make the grills for our cars. They went to a local Porsche dealer who provided schematics and they believe they could replace the side intake frames which would include their mesh inserts, they think it would be a simple replacement. Same for the center section if you have the power kit. I am very interested but not sure if I want to tackle taking the front bumper off and apart myself or wait until I have a radar/laser jammer installed.

Anyway, thought I would provide an update and will most likely go this way at the right time. Feel free to contact them directly if you are interested. I am not affiliated with them but they have provided a high level of service during my inquiry.

Quick Reply: Mesh grill kit - Looking for front bumper schematic