Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which would you get and why??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 10:35 PM
JamesKen
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I could afford it I would get the turbo and I am sure I will someday. The difference in power is very very noticeable between the 997.2 Turbo and a 991 C2S. You know the 991 TT will be even more. I also think the turbo looks better but if you don't then the question might be a lot harder.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:22 AM
oldman40
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in a different camp on the turbo vs na issue. apples and oranges here. the turbo looks different with the intake and turbo specific spoilers (different lines that don't suit my eye imho), it doesn't sound nearly as good, ( intrinsic to turbo engines compared to na with pse) and most importantly lacks the mt. maybe I'm holding on to the purist na thing, but if I had to give up the mt, I'd rather consider a gt3 or wait for the rs. anyone else feel this way?
Old 11-12-2013, 02:45 AM
smuoio
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

I sort of feel the same way, however that is not what I did. After months of going through all the options for a fully configured MT C4S and walking into the dealer (again) to place the order, I got hooked on the just received Turbo S launch car, despite the PDK tranny. I figured that if after a while the PDK doesn't grow on me I can easily sell it and go back to my original plan. The depreciation over that period would be the cost of some real fun. The dealer is making a few changes to the car and I should be picking it up this Saturday - my first 911!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:40 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smuoio
I sort of feel the same way, however that is not what I did. After months of going through all the options for a fully configured MT C4S and walking into the dealer (again) to place the order, I got hooked on the just received Turbo S launch car, despite the PDK tranny. I figured that if after a while the PDK doesn't grow on me I can easily sell it and go back to my original plan. The depreciation over that period would be the cost of some real fun. The dealer is making a few changes to the car and I should be picking it up this Saturday - my first 911!
Well done! Like hitting a grand slam in your first at bat in the majors. Can't wait to see pics. Congrats!
Old 11-12-2013, 09:46 PM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smuoio
NICE! I went with the C2S thinking that I'd be able to resist the Turbo S...prob. not going to be able to hold out!-lol!
Old 11-12-2013, 09:54 PM
smuoio
Instructor

Thanks eg, Here is a picture taken at the dealership...
Old 11-12-2013, 09:57 PM
smuoio
Instructor

Apologies, I have almost no idea how to work this stuff...
Old 11-12-2013, 10:01 PM
lbcgolf
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry to barge in... but I couldn't resist as I uploaded this photo for my other thread, photo taken at the Stuttgart factory parking lot (though the Turbo S is a coupe). My blue C2S Cabrio on the background look so puny!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Key Left
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

To lag or not to lag....that is the question?
Old 11-13-2013, 06:46 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by lbcgolf
Sorry to barge in... but I couldn't resist as I uploaded this photo for my other thread, photo taken at the Stuttgart factory parking lot (though the Turbo S is a coupe). My blue C2S Cabrio on the background look so puny!!!
Your c2s cab is much, much better looking !
Old 11-13-2013, 02:08 PM
amdave
Intermediate

One thing that makes me hesitate regarding the turbo is the "fun to drive" factor.

I have seen several review videos where they talk about how incredibly fast the turbo is - but how you can never really rev the engine on typical driving roads, especially in the US.

Getting to rev and push the engine is apparently much better in the S model and perhaps best in the base car.

Thoughts?
Old 11-13-2013, 03:08 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just noticed the all wheel drive Turbo doesn't have the C4 light bar across the back.......? I know it has other distinguishing rear features but.....I really like the light !!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:52 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I just returned from my dealer, went to take a look at a new launch Turbo S someone is picking up this afternoon. I think it's a beautiful car, even more so in person than in the pictures I've seen. Didn't really care for the wheels, which had a "honeycomb" look.
I found the 991 Turbo to actually have a pretty understated look relative to the rest of the 991s...in the past models I thought the Turbo cars made a more dramatic design departure. I suppose it is because of a simpler design to the wing and the fact that it is "active" versus fixed, which allows a more subtle standard position.
This Turbo was also black, so the gray/black venting on the sides, mirror trim, and front spoiler and vents did not stand out...I may have had a very different impression on a lighter colored car.

I love my car, don't need a Turbo, but would love to have one. Maybe I'll buy this one when it comes back to the dealer in a year or two!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:43 AM
achildofthesky
Instructor

Just got a C4S and am looking into a Turbo.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:57 PM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by achildofthesky
Just got a C4S and am looking into a Turbo.
Don't you love your c4 ?

Quick Reply: Which would you get and why??