Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 Magnetic Stone Guards

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 04:43 PM
shootermcgavin
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

this is fantastic, i see a set in my future when i pull off the clear oem guard.
Old 03-23-2019, 06:46 PM
woodranch
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts

Are the 997 ones cut exactly like the 991s are? Also, why wouldn’t the size be exactly like the OEM one that is on the car.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:30 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 645 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by Panzer966
I'm really interested in stone guards, but can't find any 991 on the catalog. Do they make it for 991?
Apparently, they do in an email received from MagnaGrafik.

We make magnetic stone guards for your 991 GTS. See attached. They adhere extremely well as long as your car has not been re-sprayed or repaired. Also, they will adhere over the factory clear guards or Xpel ppf. We have shortened the bottom of the stone guard by .25” due to the rocker seam.

Matte Black...................................................$69.95 set (991-SG-M).
Matte Black with Red Porsche.................................$89.95 set (991-SG-MP).
Black Carbon Fiber...........................................$99.95 set (991-SG-CF).

Black CF is our best looking SG by far.

You can place your order at: https://magnagrafik.com/Order.aspx

Thank You,
Dan
I ordered a Matte Black "set". By "set", I assume a set includes left and right stone guards.

Yet when I got the invoice, I got charged for two sets and interestingly enough, both under then same part number were priced differently. Some emails have gone back and forth with respect to the amount charged ($152.85) when they should go for $69.95 + shipping (in my case $19.95) for a total of $89.90. I know Dan is ultra-busy at the moment but his last explanation in an email did not make any sense and no response since.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
MagnaGrafik.pdf (38.4 KB, 209 views)
Old 03-26-2019, 10:55 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,117 Likes on 666 Posts

Alex - looks like you bought 2 sets - 4 in all. Also, you probably got a discount for the 2nd set, hence the price difference.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:01 AM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
Alex - looks like you bought 2 sets - 4 in all. Also, you probably got a discount for the 2nd set, hence the price difference.
Looks like it, except I ordered ONE set. I got one GTS.

Well we'll see what happens. If MagnaGrafik wants me to return one set at their expense, I will do so. I just do not want to buy two sets since I never ordered two sets.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:00 PM
991.1GTS
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm curious as I'm about to buy a matte black set for my GTS, and might be able to help you out? Let me know.
Old 04-27-2019, 11:23 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 991.1GTS
Did you ever get this resolved? Let me know.
All resolved.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:21 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 588 Posts

Seems timely to bump this…

How are these holding up for those of you who bought them?
Old 05-17-2020, 04:07 PM
minh
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by stout

I bought a matte black set back last fall and had them my black Carrera T. never ever budged yet easy to remove when needed (would remove after a big rain to let them dry or when washing). flexible enough to conform to the contours of the car without gaps. measured with calipers they are 0.9mm thick.

i traded my black T for a miami blue T and i didn’t like the look of them on miami blue so they are on my garage cabinets.

The following users liked this post:
Trapperj (05-19-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 04:10 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Extremely well. And considering the marks in them due to small stones impacting them, PPF would not cut it.
Fit is perfect. I plan to contact MagnaGrafik for a few pieces I can trim myself for other areas.

Frank996 (10-31-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 12:26 PM
friar93
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

I really liked them as an easily reversible custom touch. I agree with others that they took some hits that otherwise would have hit the paint or the ppf. mine took a beating here in Boston and looked tired after a few thousand miles

Sadly one finally flew off after about a year. If I remember right it was in the winter and I think they lost a little pliability and were not as tight to the paint as normal. They do get wet underneath so occasionally I removed them to dry them off otherwise a bit of grime would build up under the edges.

Old 05-18-2020, 12:29 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by friar93
I really liked them as an easily reversible custom touch. I agree with others that they took some hits that otherwise would have hit the paint or the ppf. mine took a beating here in Boston and looked tired after a few thousand miles

Sadly one finally flew off after about a year. If I remember right it was in the winter and I think they lost a little pliability and were not as tight to the paint as normal. They do get wet underneath so occasionally I removed them to dry them off otherwise a bit of grime would build up under the edges.

^ Good intel. I am curious to see how well they stick with PPF on my car, and will find out soon.

I might run them on trips and roads when I know there's going to be a lot of rock spray, but the truth I've come to accept is: Miles = rock chips on wheel spokes, spray on rear fender PPF, nicks in PPF in general, and a peppered windshield. There's only so much you can do to mitigate it—and I'd rather have the patina than fewer miles on the odometer.
GT3FZS (05-18-2020)
Old 05-18-2020, 02:13 PM
cyberay
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by minh
I bought a matte black set back last fall and had them my black Carrera T. never ever budged yet easy to remove when needed (would remove after a big rain to let them dry or when washing). flexible enough to conform to the contours of the car without gaps. measured with calipers they are 0.9mm thick.

i traded my black T for a miami blue T and i didn’t like the look of them on miami blue so they are on my garage cabinets.

Hi Minh, I’m considering the stone guards for my white 911T. Can you tell me if the leading edge of the guard overlaps the leading edge of the oem clear film? Also, now that you’ve used them, what color do you think would best coordinate with the dark grey oem stripe above the rocker? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:17 PM
Jim991
Burning Brakes

Received 178 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by minh

Mine are on the refrigerator in the garage. I don't care for the way they look on the car. Went PPF plus the OEM stone guard on top instead.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:53 PM
minh
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by cyberay
Hi Minh, I’m considering the stone guards for my white 911T. Can you tell me if the leading edge of the guard overlaps the leading edge of the oem clear film? Also, now that you’ve used them, what color do you think would best coordinate with the dark grey oem stripe above the rocker? Thanks in advance.
if i recall correctly it doesn’t 100% match the OEM clear piece but was close. probably a little bigger in some areas smaller in others. on the black T I had the original OEM removed and had a larger piece of PPF so didn’t have to worry about the magnetic guard potentially scratching the paint since it was only touching PPF.

as far as color the matte grey i got matched the black front spoiler and diffuser closer than the agate grey of the side decals. in some light it actually looked the same but most of the time it didn’t match. but on a black car doesn’t stand out too much. when i traded for a miami blue T it was too obvious it didn’t match and looked too busy. a couple pics in different lighting.

Quick Reply: 991 Magnetic Stone Guards