Deviated stitching details for the 991

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 01:52 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
Thanks Suzy,

PAG says they do not allow Birch Green stitching, they have Peridot, but I do not think this is close enough to chance it.

Just going to stay with espesso/cognac. Shift boot I will keep black/black. I will match the SD steering wheel and steering column with expresso/cognac though.
Just curious... Why do you want the shiftboot to be black? Doesn't that look odd in an Espresso-Cognac interior? It's of course my personal opinion, but I would say try to match as much as possible to get some homogeneity in your interior.

Suzy991
Old 08-16-2013, 03:54 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

That entire area is black already, wanting to not introduce more colour as there is more than enough espresso brown leather as it is. I think the wrinkled leather of the boot looks odd whereas the remainder of thee espresso leather is smooth and tight all over. Black would hide the wrinkled look.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:05 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
That entire area is black already, wanting to not introduce more colour as there is more than enough espresso brown leather as it is. I think the wrinkled leather of the boot looks odd whereas the remainder of thee espresso leather is smooth and tight all over. Black would hide the wrinkled look.
That's fair enough and indeed, that is something I didn't really think of. I ordered the PDK and that hasn't any leather boot around it, so that's not really interfering with the black of the center console.
BTW... Just for your info, the black leather is not as dark as it's shown on the configurator. It's more dark grey/antracite. It's in any case lighter than it was on the 997/987.

Suzy991
Old 08-28-2013, 01:35 PM
ymg91150
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everybody

Maybe one of you can help me on a little uncertainty I have about my configuration. I've ordered a graphite 911 50 with black leather interior and went for the option "Additional Interior Package, dashboard in leather". I found the standard fitting to be too cheap looking and too visible. Now, I assume the dashboard option will come with a different type of stitching as in the rest of the car and I've become very insecure, if this could look worse than the plastic. Does one of you have an opinion on this? I would really appreciate your input!

I tried to contact Suzy, our exclusive authority, directly, but failed to attract her attention so far.

Last edited by ymg91150; 08-28-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 911-50
Hi everybody

Maybe one of you can help me on a little uncertainty I have about my configuration. I've ordered a graphite 911 50 with black leather interior and went for the option "Additional Interior Package, dashboard in leather". I found the standard fitting to be too cheap looking and too visible. Now, I assume the dashboard option will come with a different type of stiching as in the rest of the car and I've become very insecure, if this could look worse than the plastic. Does one of you have an opinion on this? I would really appreciate your input!

I tried to contact Suzy, our exclusive authority, directly, but failed to attract her attention so far.
Hi... You have my attention!!
Didn't get a private message or how did ou try to contact me?

The additional package doesn't come with deviated stitching, but with decorative stitching. In other words, it's black stitching. Personally, I think it looks good. Too much deviated stitching can look a bit messy.
It's definitely more luxurious than the plastic. Personal opinion of course...

Suzy991
Old 08-28-2013, 03:14 PM
Sask997
Advanced

I had the opportunity to spend some time with the show car when it came to Canada. It was geyser and agate. The plastic on the dashboard appeared well integrated to my eyes. In black, I suspect it should look slightly better still. Just my thoughts.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:13 PM
ymg91150
Instructor

Thanks, much appreciated. I assume you both, Sask and Suzy, are right. The car would be totally fine without the additional leather, not really a necessary option. And, on the other hand, it would look nice and the different kinds of stitching will most likely not create a mess on the dashboard. It will work both ways...
Old 08-28-2013, 07:44 PM
SanibelSpeed
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Stay tuned: lots of deviated stitching in my car. Pics this weekend.

Quick Reply: Deviated stitching details for the 991