Really interesting function on the PNCA site

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:38 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Really interesting function on the PNCA site

http://www.porsche.com/usa/approvedused/usedcarlocator/

pretty cool that you can now search all dealer inventory.. also shows you going rates for certain makes/models.... very helpful when trying to price out a vehicle.. or get an idea if a local dealer price is within the norm..

one thing i wonder is how they are dealing with the early 2012 991's... my VIN on 991 (first batch of base 991) had a VIN that decoded out as a "997 black series" which was not very helpful when listing on autotrader/ebay and otherwise...

ironically the dealer that bought my 991 thought they were buying a 997... and when the vehicle arrived they even called me to say "you know you sent us a new 911"... the whole time they priced me on the vehicle they used the VIN...

i wonder how many other 2012 "991" vehicles VIN out as a 997?

-Riley
Old 03-12-2013, 08:02 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Riley,

This function has been there for years.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:18 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by gota911
Riley,

This function has been there for years.
i guess i am blind, because i jus noticed it after someone here on forum pointed it out in a sub post.. i remember before u could select a dealer and view stock but you could also view all stock across all dealers?

if so i feel very dumb, but hopefully this info helps someone else.. i have always gone to each dealers minisite and then viewed stock separately... not knowing their was a search all function... :-/
Old 03-12-2013, 09:33 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Riley,

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so curt. I guess I was a little surprised that you had not seen that before today.

Since I first used it more than 7 years ago it has had the functionality of searching all dealers.

Now what we really need is the ability to search NEW cars in all dealer inventories. Now THAT would be great!
Old 03-12-2013, 09:57 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by gota911
Riley,

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so curt. I guess I was a little surprised that you had not seen that before today.

Since I first used it more than 7 years ago it has had the functionality of searching all dealers.

Now what we really need is the ability to search NEW cars in all dealer inventories. Now THAT would be great!

i guess that is why i didn't notice it, usually i was searching for new cars and that can only be done via each dealers minisite... never had i looked for a preowned search.

i guess today i learned something new, surprising however that they do not extend said search to new as well.
Old 03-13-2013, 12:27 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i guess that is why i didn't notice it, usually i was searching for new cars and that can only be done via each dealers minisite... never had i looked for a preowned search.

i guess today i learned something new, surprising however that they do not extend said search to new as well.
It's possible to search new inventory using google.
eg. This will find all new 4S Cabs. And I think the quantity of inventory suggests that car is not selling …
https://www.google.com/search?q=site...++inurl%3A2013

It's possible to add all kinds of criteria, sorting and, most useful, alerts, so you can get an "as it happens" update when dealers push out new, interesting inventory. All's fair, I don't mind sharing my "edge" because it all comes down to the real buying of the car, not just finding it's being advertised on the Porsche site. As I understand it, Porsche can mandates that dealers put up all new inventory on their corporate site, but that's only the beginning of the shenanigans as to what's real and what's going to be less than fairly traded, especially if you're a remote location buyer, I can only underscore the merit of getting on a plane and arriving unannounced to walk the dealer lot by yourself and find the car you ordered or bought, then going inside and saying "okay, let's look over the car I ordered" … if the excuses start, you've just saved yourself a potential nightmare, and on your way home or to the next dealer, try to enjoy the inflight luxury of the US's 1980's standards of domestic air travel. How any first world nation still has even one airport that can't arrive and depart 90% on-time, I dunno ... btw, the average for 2012 was about 85% on-time. Anyway, unless you can have a trusted friend local to the dealer do the walkaround and see inside and under the car in good light, buying sight unseen is running the gauntlet.

Quick Reply: Really interesting function on the PNCA site