Old 10-26-2014, 08:55 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
I feel nauseous
I agree.

You hardly ever see a man in a dark blue suit wearing brown socks and brown shoes. I have seen it once... oh my eyes! I was embarrassed for him.
Old 10-27-2014, 01:21 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
You hardly ever see a man in a dark blue suit wearing brown socks and brown shoes. I have seen it once... oh my eyes! I was embarrassed for him.
Men of a certain age maybe?

Last edited by hinckley; 01-11-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:37 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
Men of a certain age maybe?
Maybe, but I would never wear the outfit in that pic!
Old 10-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What a fresh combo, timeless, elegant & well ahead of the game. The wheels give it a pin-stripe feel to polish everything off. It's nice to see someone take a chance in this direction as more often than not the daring ones go for the loud colours & not the muted ones.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:44 PM
1analguy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

JMO: I really like both of these colors...just not on the same car. I have a hard time picturing Espresso with anything other than white, or possibly, silver. With that beautiful Dark Blue Metallic, I'd want to lighten up the interior a bit...say with Black/Platinum, or, for the really adventurous (not me), Espresso/Cognac. As much as I love Black, it's just a little too dark with the Dark Blue. I do envy you your choices here, though...
Old 10-27-2014, 10:28 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by 1analguy
JMO: I really like both of these colors...just not on the same car. I have a hard time picturing Espresso with anything other than white, or possibly, silver. With that beautiful Dark Blue Metallic, I'd want to lighten up the interior a bit...say with Black/Platinum, or, for the really adventurous (not me), Espresso/Cognac. As much as I love Black, it's just a little too dark with the Dark Blue. I do envy you your choices here, though...
I have to agree with you regarding lightening things up a bit. However, I wouldnt consider the espresso/cognac adventurous. Im the farthest from adventuresome and I picked it to go with GT silver. I'm just so smitten with the espresso/cognac interior that I'm gonna push the OP to really give this a strong consideration.

With the espresso/cognac you still get the nice rich brown look on the dash, center console, and doors. The cognac lightens things up a bit and gives you that classic dark paint/beige interior combo that is so spectacular on black and dark blue cars. The bonus is that the cognac is much warmer than beige. It is also quite a bit darker than the traditional beige colors making it much easier to keep clean. The deviating carpet in the darker espresso makes it that much easier to keep the interior looking great if you use the car as a DD
Old 10-28-2014, 09:28 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
I have to agree with you regarding lightening things up a bit. However, I wouldnt consider the espresso/cognac adventurous. Im the farthest from adventuresome and I picked it to go with GT silver. I'm just so smitten with the espresso/cognac interior that I'm gonna push the OP to really give this a strong consideration.

With the espresso/cognac you still get the nice rich brown look on the dash, center console, and doors. The cognac lightens things up a bit and gives you that classic dark paint/beige interior combo that is so spectacular on black and dark blue cars. The bonus is that the cognac is much warmer than beige. It is also quite a bit darker than the traditional beige colors making it much easier to keep clean. The deviating carpet in the darker espresso makes it that much easier to keep the interior looking great if you use the car as a DD
Fixin, this post was re-started as I was considering DBM and Espresso for my GTS. fwiw, I agree with you that Cognac/Espresso is beautiful and far from adventurous with DBM. I'm strongly considering it. But all 911s are not the same. There are some color combos that I think work well on a Turbo S but not on a C2.

With all its black trim, the GTS has a very mono-chromatic exterior, so a more mono-chromatic interior may work with it rather than a contrasting interior that I (and most others) would normally go for. So I'm also considering DBM with black trim outside and Espresso with black trim (and carpet) inside. Dunno.

btw, your interior looks great. Is the deviating carpet black or espresso?
Old 10-28-2014, 01:51 PM
clangpap
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fixin, this post was re-started as I was considering DBM and Espresso for my GTS. fwiw, I agree with you that Cognac/Espresso is beautiful and far from adventurous with DBM. I'm strongly considering it. But all 911s are not the same. There are some color combos that I think work well on a Turbo S but not on a C2.

With all its black trim, the GTS has a very mono-chromatic exterior, so a more mono-chromatic interior may work with it rather than a contrasting interior that I (and most others) would normally go for. So I'm also considering DBM with black trim outside and Espresso with black trim (and carpet) inside. Dunno.

btw, your interior looks great. Is the deviating carpet black or espresso?
Just two thoughts since it's a cab you are considering. First, I know you're in Boston, not Florida, but espresso seats will be hotter than cognac with the top down. We went with espresso / cognac (espresso carpet) in our cab and we have the seat ventilation on most of the time, and the west coast of Canada is cooler than Boston's summers. If you're like us you'll want the top down any time it's not raining, and not hide under the top on hot days.

Second, I can't disagree with the black top and black wheels (we have black Sport Techno), but you could consider the blue top. I've seen the combo and it looks nice to me and is unusual (which I think you're going for). The brown top the OP was showing with DBM doesn't match the espresso IMO.

Look forward to seeing your decision, it will be great in any combo!
Old 10-28-2014, 02:46 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by clangpap
Just two thoughts since it's a cab you are considering. First, I know you're in Boston, not Florida, but espresso seats will be hotter than cognac with the top down. We went with espresso / cognac (espresso carpet) in our cab and we have the seat ventilation on most of the time, and the west coast of Canada is cooler than Boston's summers. If you're like us you'll want the top down any time it's not raining, and not hide under the top on hot days.

Second, I can't disagree with the black top and black wheels (we have black Sport Techno), but you could consider the blue top. I've seen the combo and it looks nice to me and is unusual (which I think you're going for). The brown top the OP was showing with DBM doesn't match the espresso IMO.
Thanks for the feedback. My current Cab has a black interior and I have learned to love my ventilated seats. And yes, I drive 100% of the time with the top down unless it's raining. It was sunny and 50 on Sunday as I cruised down to the Pats game with the top down (and a smile on the way home!).

And yes, I think that a blue top with DBM looks good (especially if I went with body-colored wheels). But the black trim and black wheels give the GTS a bit of a menacing look which I think the black top enhances. I'd do it differently on a regular 991 cab.

And finally, I sometimes think about a Carmine exterior - similar to yours. I'm a bit concerned about the boy-racer aspect of guy "no longer middle-aged" driving a red car, but if I went that way, it would def be with a cognac/espresso interior. That's a combo that's hard to beat.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:42 AM
clangpap
Instructor

And finally, I sometimes think about a Carmine exterior - similar to yours. I'm a bit concerned about the boy-racer aspect of guy "no longer middle-aged" driving a red car, but if I went that way, it would def be with a cognac/espresso interior. That's a combo that's hard to beat.
Ours is Amaranth, I'm late 50's and I don't care what anyone else thinks about the boy-racer thing. I think our modified turbo Supra IV screams mid-life crisis louder (at least all the 20-somethings want me to race them). A gent far older than me showed up at our season-end autocross in his new 991 GT3 two weeks ago. He only flogged it through the long track course a couple of times, but all the young guys were looking with admiration, not thinking "boy-racer". Mind you the VIRPCA is a club with a lot of grey hair. I'd guess of the members I've met there is at least a 50 year spread from young to old.

As for you, I love it when someone chooses a colour other than the safe white, black or a silver variant. Not saying the most common colours don't look great, they do, it's just you can't swing a cat without hitting one. I don't think DBM is that far our there, but I was admiring another owner's Boxster recently, and that is a beautiful colour in the sun!
Old 10-29-2014, 12:57 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

I stopped by my dealer today to look at the cars and colors that they had in stock. They had a Panny in DBM with an espresso interior. It looked great. Very rich. However, they also had a couple of cars with the cognac/espresso interior (neither with DBM) and I just loved that combo. It's the way I'm going to go. I'm leaning toward DBM, but am also considering Carmine Red.

Fwiw, they had another DBM 911 Cab with a blue top and it did match very well. I'm still leaning toward the black top to match the black wheels, but that too could change by the time I finalize my order.
Old 10-29-2014, 05:38 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Good move to go with Espresso/ Cognac. The two-tone interiors are really beautiful and the contrasting stitching is incredible.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:16 PM
clangpap
Instructor

I stopped by my dealer today to look at the cars and colors that they had in stock. They had a Panny in DBM with an espresso interior. It looked great. Very rich. However, they also had a couple of cars with the cognac/espresso interior (neither with DBM) and I just loved that combo. It's the way I'm going to go. I'm leaning toward DBM, but am also considering Carmine Red.

Fwiw, they had another DBM 911 Cab with a blue top and it did match very well. I'm still leaning toward the black top to match the black wheels, but that too could change by the time I finalize my order.
I don't think you can go wrong. I haven't seen Carmine red in the wild, but it sure looks nice on the configurator. I went a little crazy with the deviated stitching on the Espresso / Cognac, but I'm really happy with the look. I'll PM you some pictures on the weekend if you'd like and can share the codes from the build sheet. Remember to do the steering column in Espresso, otherwise you have this black piece sandwiched between Espresso pieces. I'd recommend you deviate the carpets to Espresso.

Remember to check the box for Factory Delivery.
Old 10-29-2014, 07:26 PM
espanolie
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

expresso looks very simliar to coco brown. the color combo you have here looks distinguished and classy
Old 10-29-2014, 07:31 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by clangpap
I don't think you can go wrong. I haven't seen Carmine red in the wild, but it sure looks nice on the configurator. I went a little crazy with the deviated stitching on the Espresso / Cognac, but I'm really happy with the look. I'll PM you some pictures on the weekend if you'd like and can share the codes from the build sheet. Remember to do the steering column in Espresso, otherwise you have this black piece sandwiched between Espresso pieces. I'd recommend you deviate the carpets to Espresso.

Remember to check the box for Factory Delivery.
I'd love to see pics. Thanks. And steering column in leather and deviating carpets are both on my build!

Factory delivery will be based on my build slot, which I'm still waiting for. I've done five BMW EDs but never one with Porsche. Fingers crossed. Thanks again.

Quick Reply: Does Espresso interior go with the Dark Blue exterior