Sponsored by:

Playing music via drive stick

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Buddhabelly
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Playing music via drive stick

I've read somewhere on this forum (or it could be my senility is playing with me...) that one can down load music straight from iTunes to a 16 or 32 stick and plug it straight into the USB slot in the 991 and play it directly from the stick. Is that true?

I would think the file formats and UI would have a hard time synch-ing up?
Old 12-10-2012, 01:52 PM
draxa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is true; I own no i-Pod and have, for years, just been playing stored tracks on a USB plugged in to my 997. In the 'SOURCE' screen USB appears as an option and the tracks and their names, times etc. appear on the screen with various search/play options.

New 991 is the same but I believe better - when I collected my new car last week the guy said that the car had it's own hard-drive so I could plug in the USB and 'save' what I wanted into the car's system, then un-plug the USB.

I haven't done this yet but I guess it's probably quite intuitive once you start.

Save some tracks on a USB, then plug that sucker in, Buddah, and report back!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Buddhabelly
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our car in on the vessel on its way over. Won't take delivery until mid-Jan at the earlier.

Getting a little over eager getting ready for it. Can't report back for a while.

Originally Posted by draxa
This is true; I own no i-Pod and have, for years, just been playing stored tracks on a USB plugged in to my 997. In the 'SOURCE' screen USB appears as an option and the tracks and their names, times etc. appear on the screen with various search/play options.

New 991 is the same but I believe better - when I collected my new car last week the guy said that the car had it's own hard-drive so I could plug in the USB and 'save' what I wanted into the car's system, then un-plug the USB.

I haven't done this yet but I guess it's probably quite intuitive once you start.

Save some tracks on a USB, then plug that sucker in, Buddah, and report back!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:47 PM
trysixty
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

works fine to 10,000 tracks............now if only some computer gerk/porsche expert would figure out how to get the iphone MAP (messaging access profile) to talk to the PCM we could recieve email/text without some Phone Module from Porsche. Works on the Ford Focus/Escape but not a new Porsche

Quick Reply: Playing music via drive stick