Sponsored by:

Getting a White-over-red 911S Coupe in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 04:57 PM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 78 Posts

will do. eagerly waiting here...

btw, the cost of the option is $710.00. i have few other mods planned to break the red. stay tuned~
Old 12-10-2012, 05:52 AM
Alexcyip
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2wheels4me
Duly noted and agree about considering them. I had played with the white gauges, but ended up liking all-black more with the red interior. The white clock makes it look more like a timepiece and matches the white of the outside and distinguishes it from the gauges without clashing.

The one thing that I found a bit inconsistent with the white is the multi-function lcd "gauge" to the right of the tach. To me it looks more of a set with all-black. The center tach's gray is too low-contrast for my taste, and as such, I ordered it black. See configurator pic below...
I struggled with the same issue. I ordered a white P2S with Espresso interior and white chrono, and I wanted white dials as well to enhance the contrast. However the dealer said that to wait for white dials would push the build out one month from January to February. I finally decided however to accept the delay and install the white dials as I really wanted the contrast, but I think each looks good in its own way.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:13 PM
2wheels4me
Instructor

Originally Posted by 20C4S
will do. eagerly waiting here...

btw, the cost of the option is $710.00. i have few other mods planned to break the red. stay tuned~
Well, I searched online and found a Carrera S coupe at Pacific Porsche that was not only white with red interior, but has the deviating carpet in black for said $710. I drove down there at lunch to look at it in person, and yes, I think it is an improvement, yielding improved contrast and less red overall. It also obviates the need for the leather fusebox covers ($380!), as the black plastic isn't noticeable in the all-black-carpeted footwells. So a net additional cost of $330 for more pizazz, given that I haven't passed the drop-dead date for modifications.

I like it!

I believe that this may be the same car whose exterior pic was posted by you earlier. The dealer's interior pic, complete with protective plastic on the carpet and sills...

Old 12-13-2012, 05:05 PM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Well, I searched online and found a Carrera S coupe at Pacific Porsche that was not only white with red interior, but has the deviating carpet in black for said $710. I drove down there at lunch to look at it in person, and yes, I think it is an improvement, yielding improved contrast and less red overall. It also obviates the need for the leather fusebox covers ($380!), as the black plastic isn't noticeable in the all-black-carpeted footwells. So a net additional cost of $330 for more pizazz, given that I haven't passed the drop-dead date for modifications.

I like it!

I believe that this may be the same car whose exterior pic was posted by you earlier. The dealer's interior pic, complete with protective plastic on the carpet and sills...

that is indeed the same car. glad the diverted carpet worked out better for u. with the red carpet i just think there's too much red imo. not to mention black carpet is much easier to maintain.

this car @ Pacific is weird. loaded with decent options but left Sport Chrono out. i don't understand those dealer order the PDK w/o Sport Chrono. just seems odd.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:13 PM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Damn, I wish I had not looked at this thread, you just cost me another $710 for deviating carpeting. ;-)

That looks really good, and will work perfectly in my Black/Beige interior as well.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:10 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by simsgw
You can start and stop with a base 981 Boxster or Cayman and have a great personal car. Or you can ramp up to the Carrera and rival the daily dose of adrenalin available from any road-legal device.

We can configure a blatant track car or a long-distance tourer and everything between. And none of the pre-configured options seem futile or like marketing fluff. All of them, from S to PASM and spacers, are worth their salt if they move the car in a direction you desire. Furthermore, I may not personally want a leather-covered carbon-fiber trash-compactor in place of the right-rear seat cushion, but I get a certain amount of brand-satisfaction from knowing that if I did want one, all I'd have to do is ask.

Gary
I love the way Gary writes this stuff. Can't wait till my build...
Old 12-13-2012, 09:21 PM
2wheels4me
Instructor

Originally Posted by DrJay
Damn, I wish I had not looked at this thread, you just cost me another $710 for deviating carpeting. ;-)

That looks really good, and will work perfectly in my Black/Beige interior as well.
I'm here to help! But we can really thank 20C4S for pushing the issue.

I just got back from the dealer to verify the changes. Yay! Red set into black!

Now might I want those Sport Design Wheels? They might really look nice with the painted (white) ventilation grills...only another $390....where does this end???????
Old 12-13-2012, 09:35 PM
2wheels4me
Instructor

that is indeed the same car. glad the diverted carpet worked out better for u. with the red carpet i just think there's too much red imo. not to mention black carpet is much easier to maintain.

this car @ Pacific is weird. loaded with decent options but left Sport Chrono out. i don't understand those dealer order the PDK w/o Sport Chrono. just seems odd.
Yes, other than the PDK, SPASM, folding mirrors, aluminum window trim and the great red interior, it's kind of a stripper, but doesn't overtly look like one at all. Yeah, no Sport Chrono, no Sport Exhaust, no sunroof, no stereo upgrade...I would think that if someone did the SPASM thing that they would also likely want the Chrono and exhaust for the full "sport" experience, but, hey, it's a great-looking dealer-ordered car.

Thanks again for your guidance!!!
Old 12-14-2012, 12:02 AM
meine911
Racer

With white exterior, did you consider the painted white on the wing mirror posts?
Old 12-14-2012, 02:56 AM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Thanks again for your guidance!!!
no problem man. anytime!

mine is delayed til tomorrow. Intercity is killing me...

i'm in WLA. we should hangout when u get ur car.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:48 AM
2wheels4me
Instructor

Originally Posted by meine911
With white exterior, did you consider the painted white on the wing mirror posts?
Yes, but decided no after looking at it in the 3D configurator, but will revisit, thanks!
Old 12-14-2012, 09:03 AM
2wheels4me
Instructor

no problem man. anytime!

mine is delayed til tomorrow. Intercity is killing me...

i'm in WLA. we should hangout when u get ur car.
It would be nice to meet an enthusiast given my noobness in the world of Porsche ownership. I've had a lot of sport-suspensioned BMWs but no Porsches. I'm north of Thousand Oaks in Moorpark, pretty close to the Santa Monica roads and those right here in Moorpark that lead to Santa Paula and Ojai and beyond via Balcom Canyon, etc. Much traversed at crazy speeds on my Ducati 1098S, lotsa fun. I also have (get ready to laugh) a very fun-to-drive, much-modified Fiat 500 (my wife's DD, she loves it too) that can keep up with sport bikes in same twisties (but of course gets left behind on the straights, but who cares). The Porsche, once broken in will eat them up as well, and somehow I don't think the straights will be a problem for it! I wake up early every morning thinking about it, just like a little kid before Christmas.

What color and options for your car? I know it has the red/black interior...
Old 12-15-2012, 04:29 PM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

been an eventful morning but here she is

the usual boring silver but with the red twist inside. fits my personality perfectly. more pics to come. she needs a bath now!
Attached Images  
Old 12-15-2012, 04:38 PM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

just to go off-topic a bit. my 997 has the red interior with deviated black carpet too. just love it. the natural leather held up extremely well compare to the standard leather imo. looks & smells new after my 2 years of ownership.
Attached Images   
Old 12-15-2012, 09:22 PM
2wheels4me
Instructor

Those are freakin' GORGEOUS! Congratulations on the new one...MORE PICS! Is the new one a Manual too?

Last edited by 2wheels4me; 12-16-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Getting a White-over-red 911S Coupe in SoCal