Sponsored by:

Blue brake calipers for Aqua blue 991?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 12:55 PM
saint.666
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ILeo..

i thought u might want to see this .. all i can say i hope u selected the platinum wheels

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58458446@N02/8223278367/
Old 11-28-2012, 03:48 PM
zanwar
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stick with the red calipers. It will echo the red/blue contrast you'll get from the tail lights. Aqua blue is a great colour.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:24 PM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by zanwar
Stick with the red calipers. It will echo the red/blue contrast you'll get from the tail lights. Aqua blue is a great colour.
plus 1
Old 11-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Dr_KarlB
Pro

Originally Posted by Matt(inMA)
I meant no harm - was just having some fun... my bad. It's your car do as you like. I did with mine when I painted mine silver

Matt
Do you have any pics of your car... I have always though of black wheels on my silver cab... just wanted to see how they look

Thx
Old 12-01-2012, 03:58 PM
iLeo
Advanced

holminator iLeo, you are a gentleman. Much respect.
Hey, thanks buddy, that's really nice of you, appreciate it

I meant no harm - was just having some fun... my bad. It's your car do as you like. I did with mine when I painted mine silver
No problem. That color of yours is really nice, but I think it's also a function of the black wheel, which gives even more contrast. Like!

We ordered a 991 S, primarily my wife's car. She know for sure she wanted Aqua blue. I wanted to put Carrera Red interior. She said no. Too much contrast. I wanted then to put expresso interior. No ! Too dead. So she spec'ed platinum grey. She wears the pants here, but it's her car. But I wish I had Red. I would love to see your car when you get it and live precariously through you.

Personally I think blue calipers would be a little much on the car. What wheels are you getting? We got the classic 20" and want to see the wheels instead of diverging the focus onto the calipers. Either keep them red or get them in the ceramic yellow of the Nissan GT-R, which I think has the best looking brake calipers around.

Good luck whichever way you choose. It's your car and guess what, if you don't like it, change it to another color. No big deal. Experiment and enjoy.
Don't worry, I'll share TONS of pics as soon as I get my hands on it!
I'm getting the Carrera S 20' wheels. That's a very good question btw
And regarding your last point, I completely agree with you because of the following point I also missed to highlight:

Carrera comes with BLACK calipers! Only Carerra S comes with red ones, which is so unfair!! So yes, I guess I'll definitely experiment! I'll start with Blue, and if I don't like it, I'll switch to the guaranteed red. Aaaaaaaaaand, of course, you guys will be kept in the loop

i thought u might want to see this .. all i can say i hope u selected the platinum wheels
saint.666
aaah, well, I know you'd hate me for this, but I've actually switched the wheels color back to regular not normal to save some money I'm already spending more than I can afford on the car, and I did some corner cutting during my latest visit to the dealer. I thought I could always go back and paint the wheels platinum later on once I've saved for it, and got board from the regular color.

As Buddhabelly suggested, I think I'll actually experiment with both colors. Especially that mine come in black!

Thanks all for you feedback, much appreciated,
Old 12-02-2012, 02:58 AM
ArashApollo
Instructor

Originally Posted by saint.666
ILeo..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58458446@N02/8223278367/
Oh wowwww that looks amazing.

Ileo I think aqua blue exterior, platinum wheels, and GTR rims as was mentioned earlier would look great. I feel like getting aqua blue calipers would be too much blue and may wash away the details in the calipers.

But I do suggest the platinum wheels for sure!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zanwar
Good take.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:40 AM
ww007
Instructor

Hi iLeo,

I think the blue on red is going to look absolutely amazing. Had that same combo on my previous car (335i convertible) but I never would have thought to get it until I saw it in person, so don't be discouraged by other people's comments. I've included some pics to show you what I mean

It was called Le Mans Blue metallic, and it seems to be a bit of a darker shade of blue than the Aqua Blue that Porsche uses. Unfortunately that car was totaled, which is why I'm looking to build a new Porsche myself

I'm probably gonna build a black on red this time, just for something different.

Sorry to hijack your thread but to answer your original question, I think I'd stick with the red calipers so you have some contrast with the blue. Plus as you said, it matches the red interior as well. And the calipers already come painted red, no? So that would save you some money and convenience as well.

Last edited by ww007; 04-24-2013 at 04:27 AM.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:42 AM
ww007
Instructor

Sorry, just realized you mentioned that it comes with black calipers. Still, if you're deciding between blue and red calipers, I'd still recommend red. Red calipers seem "sporty" to me. Leaving them black would be OK too.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:17 PM
iLeo
Advanced

Heeeeeeeeeeeeey!
Thanks a lot ww007!

That sure is encouraging!
Sorry about your beauty, but also happy that you're now considering a "beast"!

Carrera calipers unfortunately come in black, not red. But maybe that's fortunate, as I can give blue a try, then if that didn't work, I know that I'll be changing for something 100% guaranteed to look good
Old 12-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by iLeo
Carrera calipers unfortunately come in black, not red. But maybe that's fortunate, as I can give blue a try, then if that didn't work, I know that I'll be changing for something 100% guaranteed to look good
My dealer painted my brake calipers red. IMO the Base calipers look too small, not worth to make then stand out in red or any other flashy color. Black is good in the Base car. Just my $0.2c
Attached Images  

Last edited by Galion; 12-08-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:37 AM
iLeo
Advanced

Oh shoot!
So the whole post is useless, I guess I'll just shut-up and keep them black!

I hate Porsche right now!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:08 AM
pfijcali
Track Day

Aqua Blue is one of my favorite Porsche colors. I think blue calipers would be better than yellow or red, for that matter……..
Old 12-09-2012, 09:18 AM
iLeo
Advanced

Galion,
I think the issue is not the calipers being small, it's rather the wheels being enormous!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Galion
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by iLeo
Galion,
I think the issue is not the calipers being small, it's rather the wheels being enormous!!!
Yeah I know, but they suit the 991 just perfect.
The bigger brake calipers and rotors in the "S" work better with those 20"s

Quick Reply: Blue brake calipers for Aqua blue 991?