Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aluminium brushed interior package .. please help !

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 10:47 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Galion
This can give you an idea.
Originally Posted by saint.666
well ive ordered the "SportDesign steering wheel" and it seems that the standard "plastic" trim (like in below pic) is more consistent finish (than "brushed aluminium" finish) with steering wheel

Also i would like to ask whether its better to keep the standard aluminium in the centre console or have it leathered as seen below?.. ur feedback and advice will be appreciated .. me personally im leaning towards leathering it

I've GT silver 4s with espresso on order. I indeed looked at this option as well. In my view the silver "standard" trim looks better...
Old 10-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

The aluminum brushed finish looks great IMO. But I think it will scratch, scuff and dent easier than the standard silver finish trim. If it were me, I 'd stick with the standard trim and use the $ for something else.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Romantic911
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I install the Aluminuim door trim on non leather Interior
Old 10-20-2012, 06:13 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mspeedster
The aluminum brushed finish looks great IMO. But I think it will scratch, scuff and dent easier than the standard silver finish trim. If it were me, I 'd stick with the standard trim and use the $ for something else.
it's not really in a position where it's in much danger of being scratched, scuffed and dented ...
Old 10-20-2012, 08:21 PM
c4-toy
Instructor

I have the 2-tone black/platinum grey full leather with the standard silver trim pieces, I'm strongly considering changing them to carbon fiber, I think w the 2tone it would look great. I don't know anything about how carbon fiber is made, I used to have it n my Audi S5 cab I ordered from the factory. I see carbon kits on EBay, is this just a film applied over the plastic pieces?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:20 AM
toplabels
Instructor

I live in El Paso texas and we get a lot of sun here (no rain LOL). the aluminum on the center console reflected the sunlight in my eyes real bad. I have not heard of anybody else notice this, but it drove me to purchase this piece in leather.

Quick Reply: Aluminium brushed interior package .. please help !