skinzy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enjoy the "new" ride! Congrats
Old 09-11-2012, 03:06 AM
william_b_noble
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting tale of travail - I had a situation not unlike yours on my 993 - not right off the lot, but a freeway incident with damage to front and rear - the difference was a massively incompetent (but certified) body shop (they lost their certification due to my car) - I had to stand there and tell them how to reassemble it - and they charged the insurance $35K - the accident was an annoyance, the incompetent shop was what made me unhappy. That car, sadly, was stolen out of my driveway and is gone forever.
Old 09-11-2012, 03:22 AM
Alan Siegel
Advanced

a terrible story william...unless having the car stolen ended up as a blessing in disguise. were you concerned about the repair when done? did you ultimately get the 991...?
Old 09-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Alan Siegel
Advanced

hey everyone...merc adjuster came out to look at the car (which is fabulous - eli's did a great job) and my car/accident does not show up on car fax. he said with no structural damage and no airbag deployment and no police report...nothing comes up. also that diminished value claims in california are incredibly difficult to win. most judges when the action is taken into court believe that it's either compensation or the fix and repair of the vehicle. that may or may not be true. i'm going to pursue it regardless...but with or without it WHAT A FINE AUTOMOBILE!

Quick Reply: my first month with my new 911 cab