Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 01:54 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
I have not...but Hinckley is the one talking to Melissa!

Simplification of the 'Porsche Exclusive' order process to get these late MY2015's built ASAP and create less headaches for themselves. GTS may also have specific out-source suppliers & vendors for their 'just-in-time' logistics. That is also why 'deviating' options are heavily restricted on the limited production gt3. My dos centavos for what is worth.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Well, if I stay with the GTS, that rules out Espresso/Cognac, as I won't have light colored carpet in a driver. So, that leaves plain Espressso like my Boxster or change the order to a TT if I can still get an allocation.
Rats.
Old 11-01-2014, 09:27 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
Well, if I stay with the GTS, that rules out Espresso/Cognac, as I won't have light colored carpet in a driver. So, that leaves plain Espressso like my Boxster or change the order to a TT if I can still get an allocation.
Rats.
Keadog, I'll let you know if they manage deviating carpet with my Espresso/Cognac, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me since it does come with Espresso mats. I've had tan interiors and carpets in BMWs and installed contrasting black mats, and there was no problem with wear or keeping the inside clean.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hinckley
Keadog, I'll let you know if they manage deviating carpet with my Espresso/Cognac, but it wasn't a deal breaker for me since it does come with Espresso mats. I've had tan interiors and carpets in BMWs and installed contrasting black mats, and there was no problem with wear or keeping the inside clean.
I had an '87 Venetian Blue/linen that was a nightmare. It was my good weather DD for 7 years and the carpeting always seemed dirty. My '98 Arena/grey was almost as bad.
I'll talk with the dealer Monday but I'm leaning to trying to change the order to a TT since my GTS build is pushing $154k. This just nudges me harder. I can't imagine why they can't grab the dark carpeting when that's what you get if you order a GTS with straight Espresso. It's like turning down another "free" $710 in my mind.
I would appreciate any updated info you get, positive or negative.
Thanks.
Old 11-01-2014, 01:59 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

I'll talk with the dealer Monday but I'm leaning to trying to change the order to a TT since my GTS build is pushing $154k. This just nudges me harder. I can't imagine why they can't grab the dark carpeting when that's what you get if you order a GTS with straight Espresso. It's like turning down another "free" $710 in my mind.
I would appreciate any updated info you get, positive or negative.
Thanks.
Sounds like one of my justifications . . . "You see dear, I really wanted the less expensive GTS, but I had no choice. I just HAD to buy the more expensive Turbo." I practice a lot beforehand.

Anyway, Porsche's huge options list is truly a two-edged sword. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something from Melissa. It usually takes her three or four business days to get an answer.
Old 11-13-2014, 02:10 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Sounds like one of my justifications . . . "You see dear, I really wanted the less expensive GTS, but I had no choice. I just HAD to buy the more expensive Turbo." I practice a lot beforehand.

Anyway, Porsche's huge options list is truly a two-edged sword. I'll let you know as soon as I hear something from Melissa. It usually takes her three or four business days to get an answer.
As you may have noticed, I cancelled my GTS order the day after they took away my February PTS build and took a TT allocation for March delivery. The order went through with deviated carpet in Espresso with the Espresso/Cognac interior, at least so far.
Old 11-13-2014, 04:49 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

deleted
Old 11-13-2014, 04:51 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

As you may have noticed, I cancelled my GTS order the day after they took away my February PTS build and took a TT allocation for March delivery. The order went through with deviated carpet in Espresso with the Espresso/Cognac interior, at least so far.
I noticed and was bummed for you. Of course a TT is a pretty good silver lining! I saw your TT config and loved it. Should be very classy.

I haven't heard about deviating carpet for my GTS yet. I was supposed to hear 2 days ago, so I'm not taking it as a good sign. I really don't think that they want to do any deviations on the GTS for some reason. Maybe I should move to a TT to get espresso carpet. hmmmm . . .
Old 11-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

I noticed and was bummed for you. Of course a TT is a pretty good silver lining! I saw your TT config and loved it. Should be very classy.

I haven't heard about deviating carpet for my GTS yet. I was supposed to hear 2 days ago, so I'm not taking it as a good sign. I really don't think that they want to do any deviations on the GTS for some reason. Maybe I should move to a TT to get espresso carpet. hmmmm . . .
I'm guessing Exclusive is pretty busy with the seemingly out of nowhere elimination of all PTS orders after December builds until at least June. The GM told me complaints were rolling in all day on the dealer site after the announcement. He really acted like he (and others) were blindsided by this.
Thanks for the compliment. Plan on keeping it, so I wasn't too worried about adding a few nice touches that won't add any resale value.
The GTS is going to be a great car, but I was having trouble staying under $150K, which made me figure I might as well go for the turbo.
Old 11-14-2014, 08:57 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

I in fact got my PTS allocation confirmed for late Feb
2015. Was getting very worried there for a few days.
Sorry to the others - PTSsssed off I totally feel for you !
Old 11-14-2014, 09:32 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Can we get 'Porsche Exclusive' to confirm?

I'm guessing Exclusive is pretty busy with the seemingly out of nowhere elimination of all PTS orders after December builds until at least June.
Originally Posted by JUPJAI
I in fact got my PTS allocation confirmed for late Feb 2015. Was getting very worried there for a few days.
Just in case some of you missed Keadog's posting on the forum, this is the story behind the above two posts:

I noticed that the PTS option had disappeared from the Configurator, so I emailed my dealer to verify this couldn't possibly affect my order, since I had already been delayed from September to November to February '15. I was wrong. No PTS for me. Anyone with outstanding PTS orders might want to check on things
Email from dealer said no more after December until start of '16 production.
Keith: This is not good news, as it doesn't bode well for the whole PTS program at Porsche if it is indeed true. I have been anticipating the face lifted MY2016 .2 991 (or 992) to start production in late Spring of 2015. Some sources have recently speculated that it's debut would be delayed until the IAA (Internationale Automobil-Ausstellung) at Frankfurt in September and production of the '16 .2 991 would start later that Fall. Either way (6 or nearly 10 months) is quite a long time without PTS if that email is correct...and it would be unprecedented in recent history at 'Porsche Exclusive'!

So if it's true, it puts into question whether PAG is currently re-evaluating PTS as a viable option, with all of its coordination & production headaches/liabilities for the company. Thus it would NOT surprise me, should they decide to continue with PTS, if they up the price considerably starting with MY2016 for this option. So caveat lector.
I am hoping someone that has a custom order 991 & already knows well someone at 'Porsche Exclusive' contacts them in the US or directly in Germany & confirms for us officially what was told to Keadog. Thanks.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 11-15-2014, 08:38 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

I in fact got my PTS allocation confirmed for late Feb
2015. Was getting very worried there for a few days.
Sorry to the others - PTSsssed off I totally feel for you !
I'm copying this to my dealer with a big ?. I had a "confirmed" February PTS build slot as well until the blanket cancellation (after two prior delays). I'll be curious to see what my dealer has to say about this and will report back. If they don't want to honor my PTS request, my guess is I will be told changing models to a TT put me at the back of the line, even though the PTS order started in June.
Old 11-15-2014, 08:44 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

'Lime Gold'? Are you serious? If you are even considering ordering a 'Lime Gold' 991 from Porsche my understanding is that PCNA will fly you to Stuttgart and put you up at the Graf Zeppelin (the hotel, not the dirigible airship!) for a week. They'll dine & wine you while you are there too! You want the company of a Fräulein while in town? No problem, Billy! What a lucky guy you are. You see Porsche has yet to identified one single buyer in the US this late in the game that is considering ordering this (let us call it rare) 'Lime Gold' color on any of their cars! Yes, some dealers got suckered into ordering that color early on in 2012...but they quickly learned that this color is the kiss of death for sale, resale, re-re-sale and so-on...

So this is your day, Bill. Seize the moment & be a 'test dummy' (see last photo) for 'Lime Gold'. Just sent an email to Detlev and grab your passport & start packing your suitcase. Porsche will take care of the rest.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Lime Gold doesn't look so out of place in Dubai - wonder how many were shipped there!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8440...ent-dubai.html
Old 11-15-2014, 01:26 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Both the GM and the owner of the dealership have responded to my emails already and have promised to investigate next week, but don't have any information currently.
I hate to be hopeful, so I'm going to try to forget about it over the weekend.
Old 11-15-2014, 01:40 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Good luck Keadog!
Old 11-15-2014, 02:37 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Good luck Keadog!
Thanks, but I'm not terribly optimistic. I believe they will try their best, but it hasn't gone so well so far.

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!