Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Old 10-11-2015, 01:01 PM
walkabout
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning on ordering a 991 very soon so the information provided in this thread has been very helpful , Thank you. I would prefer to order a car PTS, Mexico Blue. Does anyone know when the PTS option will be available? How about a "best guess". I need to decide if it is worth the wait or not.

Thanks.
Old 10-11-2015, 01:43 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by walkabout
I am planning on ordering a 991 very soon so the information provided in this thread has been very helpful ,
Thank you. I would prefer to order a car PTS, Mexico Blue.
Does anyone know when the PTS option will be available? How about a "best guess".
I need to decide if it is worth the wait or not.

Thanks.
I would contact PAG & PCNA directly and ask. As we have found out the 'hard way', PTS not a 'Porsche Exclusive' option
so Barbara & Melissa may not necessarily have the answer presently at their Atlanta-based offices. But perhaps they
might be able to find out for you if you contact them.

My best guess is that PTS will open its 'window' when the order books for the MY2017 .2 991 start in a few month's time.
Then it will be kept open until PAG's budgeted number of PTS (given their limited capacity to logistically do this option) is
reached. Last year, that limit came early in July for the 991 & Boxster models built in Zuffenhausen...and a few weeks later
for the Caymans built at Osnabrück / Karmann. Given the higher demand for PTS among the enthusiasts ordering Porsches
(in part because these threads on the PTS subject at Rennlist), I expect the PTS window to close early again next summer
(calendar year 2016) for the remaining built period (Fall/Winter of '16) on MY2017 models. So early birds will get the PTS
worms!

So if you are interested in PTS, place your order early with a dealer that has a confirmed early allocation. If your dealer
doesn't have an allocation during the PTS open window period, you are bound to be disappointed & end up with no PTS.
So make certain that you get confirmation when you place your PTS order that the PTS window is open at PAG and that
your dealer has the allocation during that open PTS window period...and double check your dealer got your order into
PCNA/PAG that was eligible for PTS & confirmed as such by them!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 10-11-2015, 07:06 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 607 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
I would contact PAG & PCNA directly and ask. As we have found out the 'hard way', PTS not a 'Porsche Exclusive' option
so Barbara & Melissa may not necessarily have the answer presently at their Atlanta-based offices. But perhaps they
might be able to find out for you if you contact them.

My best guess is that PTS will open its 'window' when the order books for the MY2017 .2 991 start in a few month's time.
Then it will be kept open until PAG's budgeted number of PTS (given their limited capacity to logistically do this option) is
reached. Last year, that limit came early in July for the 991 & Boxster models built in Zuffenhausen...and a few weeks later
for the Caymans built at Osnabrück / Karmann. Given the higher demand for PTS among the enthusiasts ordering Porsches
(in part because these threads on the PTS subject at Rennlist), I expect the PTS window to close early again next summer
(calendar year 2016) for the remaining built period (Fall/Winter of '16) on MY2017 models. So early birds will get the PTS
worms!

So if you are interested in PTS, place your order early with a dealer that has a confirmed early allocation. If your dealer
doesn't have an allocation during the PTS open window period, you are bound to be disappointed & end up with no PTS.
So make certain that you get confirmation when you place your PTS order that the PTS window is open at PAG and that
your dealer has the allocation during that open PTS window period...and double check your dealer got your order into
PCNA/PAG that was eligible for PTS & confirmed as such by them!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
That's all you need to know.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:04 PM
walkabout
Intermediate

Thanks for your help and information. I contacted PCNA as you suggested and also as you indicated, they did not have a answer other than what they observed last year. Their best guess is sometime around "summer".

Seems like a cumbersome process to me.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:39 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for your help and information. I contacted PCNA as you suggested and also as you indicated, they did not have a answer other than what they observed last year. Their best guess is sometime around "summer".
I think the PTS window will open soon to order...although PTS production of actual .2 991s might not start until late Spring/early Summer of 2016.
So keep your eye on the ball...the opening of the PTS window is the key to those that want to take advantage of this option & not be disappointed!

Seems like a cumbersome process to me.

Thanks again for your help.
Right you are!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 10-15-2015, 12:53 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default How will 'Dieselgate' effect Porsche and...PTS!

'Winfried Vahland, the 58-year-old chief executive of the auto maker’s Skoda Auto business and CEO-designate of a new organization that would group its U.S., Canadian and Mexican operations, resigned abruptly. The 25-year Volkswagen veteran couldn’t agree with top executives on a plan to overhaul the U.S. business after weeks of intense negotiations, people familiar with the matter said.

“Differences of opinion over how to shape the new corporate region led to this decision,” Skoda said in a statement, adding that his departure wasn’t related to the diesel-emissions scandal weighing on the company and its U.S. business. The company has acknowledged using software to dupe U.S. emissions tests of its diesel-powered cars between 2009 and 2015.

Mr. Vahland also had personal reasons to turn down one of the company’s top jobs. He was passed over for CEO of Volkswagen last month. The post went instead to Matthias Müller, who had been head of the company’s Porsche sports-car business. After years of senior posts, including substantial foreign travel, Mr. Vahland and his family weren’t enthusiastic about relocating to the U.S., people close to him said...The loss of Mr. Vahland is a setback for the car maker at a time when several of the company’s top executives, including former CEO Martin Winterkorn, have resigned or have been suspended amid the diesel-emissions crisis. His resignation was such a surprise that there is no current alternative, people close to the company said...'

http://www.wsj.com/articles/volkswag...its-1444827950

Not good news...

I am trying to make sense of 'dieselgate' and how it might be connected to the sudden 'resignation' of Ferdinand Piëch from the VW Supervisory Board back in April! I started the thread below on this forum...but it was recently moved by the moderators to 'Off-Topic'. Frankly, that was ill-advised. Eventually all of us Porsche enthusiasts & customers will find out how this crisis will change the landscape of PAG, Weissach R & D, Porsche Motorsports & all future Porsche cars as we know them today. So it's not an 'off-topic' at all!

And I think there is a connection between 'Dieselgate' & Ferdinand Piëch's deliberate distancing himself from the VW Group supervisory board last April! And I intend to report & document that connection on that thread!

https://rennlist.com/forums/off-topi...ory-board.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 10-15-2015, 05:46 AM
coxswain
Racer

And I think there is a connection between 'Dieselgate' & Ferdinand Piëch's deliberate distancing himself from the VW Group supervisory board last April! And I intend to report & document that connection on that thread!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Yes, I think your hunch is right, Eduardo. Piëch might have anticipated this Dieselgate. Piëch has returned:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/at-volks...rns-1444064101

Matthias Müller is Piëch's henchman.

Meanwhile, they found a new second cheating software in 2016 VW cars:

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/2016-vw...--finance.html
Old 10-18-2015, 01:19 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Winterkorn out at Porsche Automobil Holding SE too!

"Former Volkswagen CEO Martin Winterkorn is stepping down as head of a holding company that technically controls a majority in
the German automaker, weeks after his resignation in the wake of the emissions-rigging scandal. Porsche Automobil Holding SE,
via which the Piech and Porsche families own more than 50 percent of Volkswagen, said in a brief statement Saturday that it
'reached an agreement with Prof. Dr. Martin Winterkorn that he ceases his function as member and chairman of the executive
board of Porsche SE by the end of Oct. 31.' Winterkorn will be replaced as the holding company's CEO Nov. 1 by Volkswagen's
new supervisory board chairman, Hans Dieter Poetsch.

Winterkorn's departure as head of the holding company was expected after he quit last month as CEO of the automaker, a few
days after news broke of the scandal over software built into diesel engines that disabled emissions controls except when they
were being tested.

Winterkorn resigned as VW CEO on Sept. 23, saying he was acting in the interests of the company 'even though I am not aware
of any wrongdoing on my part.' He was succeeded in that job by former Porsche CEO Matthias Mueller.
"

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/10/17/winte...g-scandal.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 10-18-2015, 05:36 PM
j777
AutoX

Sorry if this has already been asked but...is ultraviolet possible on a 991.1? I know its a GT3rs color but would love this color! I have to complete my build by Nov. I have a color picked out but if ultraviolet is possible I would get it! Is there any chance for pts? Why don't the dealerships know more about pts? Thanks for the great thread!!! Thanks
Old 10-18-2015, 06:22 PM
dertub
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by j777
Sorry if this has already been asked but...is ultraviolet possible on a 991.1? I know its a GT3rs color but would love this color! I have to complete my build by Nov. I have a color picked out but if ultraviolet is possible I would get it! Is there any chance for pts? Why don't the dealerships know more about pts? Thanks for the great thread!!! Thanks
I just took delivery of my RS in UV. It was explained to me that the color is being discontinued for the RS in November. Maybe it will resurface as a PTS offering someday. Right now, it was only offered on the RS. It is indeed a beautiful color. My favorite.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:26 PM
j777
AutoX

Thanks for the reply... I agree it looks great!!! Enjoy your RS!!!
Old 10-19-2015, 12:33 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Dealers & PTS...

Is is ultraviolet possible on a 991.1?
No (see dertub's correct response).

Is there any chance for pts?
Not on what little is remaining on the MY2016 .1 991's. Hopefully the PTS window will open once again when the .2 991 MY2017
order books open soon. But PAG has limited capabilities & slots for PTS. So once these are allocated & reserved for customers on
'first come, first served' basis, the PTS window closes for the balance of that MY's production. Every once in a while, PAG does
something out of the ordinary - such as the late allocations of 30 MY2015 gt3s to US dealers (10 @ in 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red'
& 'Fashion Grey'). But those are the exception to the rule & limited PTS only to those 3 colors.

Why don't the dealerships know more about pts?
Because unfortunately not enough of them read or have subscribed to this thread on Rennlist!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 10-19-2015, 01:39 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Personnel Changes at PCNA - Sascha Glaeser Departs

Sasha Glaeser, formerly Manager of 'Porsche Exclusive' at PCNA based in Beverly Hills and a 10 year veteran employee of PAG, is no longer with the company.

In 2014 Sascha was promoted to head the 'Los Angeles Experience Center' scheduled to open this year. However, that project has encountered many
delays and it is not expected to be completed for at least one more year.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2013...o-open-in-2014

http://www.autonews.com/article/2015...erience-center

These delays in construction have built-up frustrations for all involved in that project and PCNA & Sascha parted ways in, or about, early September.

Sascha plans to remain in the Los Angeles area and is pursuing other employment possibilities. At Rennsport V, for example, he was in the booth of
his friends at RennWerkStatt trying to promote those products for the US market.

http://www.rennwerkstatt.com

Interestingly enough, the retro-look longhood Porsche 911 in the photo above is his own. It was built for him in Germany using a SC chassis similar
to what 'Singer Design' is doing...but at a much more competitive price. In association with Rennwerkstatt, Sascha is looking at the possibilities of
producing many more like this one for sale to US customers. As a coincidence Matthew Henry, who briefly worked at the Beverly Hills office with
'Porsche Exclusive' after Sascha took up his Experience Center job, is now sales manager at 'Singer Design'. There is apparently money to be made
in the retro-long hood 911s...and the idea seems to strike strongest for those associated with 'Porsche Exclusive' in the West Coast!

Sascha was instrumental in helping me custom order my MY2012 'Boxster Spyder' a few years ago. And like me, I am sure that many of you that
were assisted by Sascha in your custom Porsche builds want to see him succeed as he pursues this new phase of his career. He has a young wife
& two infants to support. So we all wish him the very best in this new venture!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 10-19-2015, 02:23 PM
OMG Noooooo....
Racer

Because unfortunately not enough of them read or have subscribed to this thread on Rennlist!
This "unfortunately" is so true.

I have built and ordered both my 991s with your information alone. It is because of you Eduardo I am having to wait over 9 months for my PTS baby.. thank you, thank you, thank you..
Old 10-19-2015, 08:58 PM
j777
AutoX

Thanks Eduardo! Was just hoping there was a chance for ultraviolet... It is unfortunate they dont know more about PTS! I have a GTS allocation and have to complete my build in two weeks. Its my first Porsche so I hope I check the right boxes and get the interior right, so many choices. I have learned so much in this thread!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!