Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 07:02 AM
shake-em-on-down
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That ultraviolet looks amazing too... there aren't enough purple cars around. Whenever I see another grey or silver Porsche I think how much better sports cars look in bright colours.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:52 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

(Disclaimer: I want PTS.)

I'm digging Ultraviolet, but would like to see a real life photo first. What I'm not digging is the lack of deviated stitching options for Ultraviolet. I can't get orange stitching with it, and I have zero interest in silver stitching.

(Melissa knows my thoughts on this stuff. As does Brett/Sonnen. Hopefully PAG listens.)
Old 03-05-2015, 08:35 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
(Disclaimer: I want PTS.)

I'm digging Ultraviolet, but would like to see a real life photo first. What I'm not digging is the lack of deviated stitching options for Ultraviolet. I can't get orange stitching with it, and I have zero interest in silver stitching.

(Melissa knows my thoughts on this stuff. As does Brett/Sonnen. Hopefully PAG listens.)
Has Porsche limited deviations on the GT3 RS as they have on the GTS?
Old 03-05-2015, 08:36 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hinckley
Has Porsche limited deviations on the GT3 RS as they have on the GTS?
Yes. Dramatically.
Old 03-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

I'm digging Ultraviolet, but would like to see a real life photo first. What I'm not digging is the lack of deviated stitching options for Ultraviolet. I can't get orange stitching with it, and I have zero interest in silver stitching. (Melissa knows my thoughts on this stuff. As does Brett/Sonnen. Hopefully PAG listens.)
GreenLantern: Drink some 'Grape' Kool-Aid and dig it even more!

By the way, don't get your hopes up for another deviating stitching option on the current 991 gt3 RS. I has not happened in the past...and most likely not happen this time either. Personally I think 'Silver' deviated stitching against a solid 'Black' leather/alcantara (not Black & Siver Grey) will make for a beautiful & elegant interior ! And you can get 'Silver' seatbelts & door pulls which will further make that interior 'pop' against the very vibrant 'Ultraviolet' exterior color!

You already have seen this since I posted it yesterday on the master gt3 RS thread in the gt3 forum, but perhaps others might enjoy seeing how perhaps 'Ultraviolet' will look on the new RS. I predict that 'Ultraviolet' is going to be a hit in the marketplace!

From the Porsche Configurator:

From Conekilr:

From spcheng:

I am beginning to think that when this Ultraviolet color (and I am pretty sure it will be a solid/non-metallic*) is finally revealed in photos and videos to the public, it will be strikingly beautiful! In fact, it will be simply stunning! After all the hoopla about 'Lava Orange', this purple might steal the show!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

*now confirmed
Old 03-06-2015, 12:09 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

I'm digging Ultraviolet, but would like to see a real life photo first. What I'm not digging is the lack of deviated stitching options for Ultraviolet. I can't get orange stitching with it, and I have zero interest in silver stitching. (Melissa knows my thoughts on this stuff. As does Brett/Sonnen. Hopefully PAG listens.)
GreenLantern: Drink some 'Grape' Kool-Aid and dig it even more!

By the way, don't get your hopes up for another deviating stitching option on the current 991 gt3 RS. I has not happened in the past...and most likely not happen this time either. Personally I think 'Silver' deviated stitching against a solid 'Black' leather/alcantara (not Black & Siver Grey) will make for a beautiful & elegant interior ! And you can get 'Silver' seatbelts & door pulls which will make that interior 'pop' against the very vibrant 'Ultraviolet' exterior color!

You already have seen this since I posted it yesterday on the master gt3 RS thread in the gt3 forum, but perhaps others might enjoy seeing how perhaps 'Ultraviolet' will look on the new RS. I predict that 'Ultraviolet' is going to be a hit for Porsche!

From the Porsche Configurator:

From Conekilr:

From spcheng:

I am beginning to think that when this Ultraviolet color (and I am pretty sure it will be a solid/non-metallic*) is finally revealed in photos and videos to the public, it will be strikingly beautiful! In fact, it will be simply stunning! After all the hoopla about 'Lava Orange', this purple might steal the show!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

*now confirmed!
Old 03-06-2015, 12:31 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Chugging as much koolaid as I can.

Yeah, you're right. If I remember correctly, deviated stitching options are even harder to add than PTS on special cars such as this.
Old 03-06-2015, 06:04 AM
LSV
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aubergine 25/G6 a solid color pretty close.
Anyway it's a georgous one. I saw one 911S 2.4 in West Palm Beach/FL two years ago.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:00 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LSV

Aubergine 25/G6 a solid color pretty close.
Anyway it's a georgous one. I saw one 911S 2.4 in West Palm Beach/FL two years ago.
Yes, that is a lovely MY1973 with the beautiful S trim. I expect 'Ultraviolet' to be a richer, deeper shade of 'violet/purple' than 'Aubergine' (see earlier photoshop renditions). The vintage 'Aubergine' looked great new, but it faded badly with time. Modern paint technology probably has solved that issue and now all solids are clear coated, something that was not done back in the early 911 period!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Presently in Manhattan Beach, CA
Old 03-15-2015, 10:49 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

One thing about those older single stage paints, polishing will remove the faded top layer revealing the original vibrant color beneath. At least, until you eventually run out of paint! But with a clear coat, polishing only removes the clear coat. If the color fades there really is nothing you can do. So I'm hoping "probably" is now "definitely."
Old 03-16-2015, 01:22 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 'Ultraviolet', a stunning color, will become the most rare color in the 991 RS!

Let me repeat in this thread something on 'Ultraviolet' which I just posted on the gt3 forum:

Originally Posted by irish guitar
I love it! I'm buying one. Thanks for posting AC. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and this beholder is smitten. I'm excited! Vivian
I agree with you. I think it's an incredibly beautiful color! And I stand behind what I wrote last week on the general RS thread before we even saw the first photos of it and just had this from the configurator:

Originally Posted by Z356
I am beginning to think that when this Ultraviolet color (and I am pretty sure it will be a solid/non-metallic) is finally revealed in photos and videos to the public, it will be strikingly beautiful! In fact, it will be simply stunning! After all the hoopla about 'Lava Orange', this purple might steal the show! .
This 'Ultraviolet' is in fact not close to the early 911 'Aubergine', color code 025, which is probably the 'purple' most old-timers remember.

Instead, 'Ultraviolet' reminds me of the same era's 'Royal Purple' or 'Lilac' (color code 341), which was offered also in MY1972/1973. This color is quite rare and not many were painted in this unusual hue. In my lifetime, I have only seen two early 911's painted in this beautiful color!

'Ultraviolet' will become the most exclusive and rare color of the .1 991 gt3 RS's. You have to be confident of your manhood to order a car in this color, but that is neither here or there. But here is my take: I think it's truly the most stunning & exciting new color that Porsche has created & offered its customers in recent memory. It will be highly desirable color for Porsche collectors in future years. Don't sell this color short. And finally, I applaud PAG for giving this rich 'Ultraviolet' hue an opportunity to see the light of day in the .1 RS!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-16-2015, 10:21 AM
shake-em-on-down
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd love to see that purple on a 991 Targa. The roll bar and black roof would break it up a treat.
Old 03-17-2015, 12:35 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Posted by amerifrikaner in the gt3 forum. Photos of actual color samples supplied to a dealer. Ultraviolet and Lava Orange. Looking good!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Last edited by Z356; 03-17-2015 at 01:06 PM. Reason: Add second photo from amerifrikaner
Old 03-18-2015, 07:05 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Latest PTS List from PCNA dated Jan 21, 2015

Here is apparently the latest PTS list from PCNA. It was provided to us by Rennlister 'Green Lantern', whom we thank for posting it at the gt3 forum.
I'll review it later and make comments on exciting new colors, etc.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Porsche PTS - 20150121.pdf (121.2 KB, 346 views)
Old 03-19-2015, 12:12 AM
PeteyDaddy
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Always interesting to speculate about PTS and the process. This maritime 991 has been around for some time and I believe appeared for sale around the same time as my PTS Maritime GT3. Coincidence?

https://euroclassics.porschedealer.c...30180/info.php

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!