Houston

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 06:41 AM
ska111000
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston

Howdy,

I have decided to order a new 991, and was wondering if anyone had feedback on the three Houston dealers in terms of price, ordering ease/process, and service?

I understand that no dealership is perfect, and there are always going to be some disgruntled customers, but if any of them are considered really bad, I would like to know.

With regard to pricing, from reading the forum it seems like the Texas dealerships don’t offer much of a discount as compared to other parts of the country. One thread speculated 4-6% was the general discount range, but Texas was usually no more than 2%. Is this still a reasonable view?

An acquaintance who ordered a 991 in another part of the country said he had problems finding a dealership willing to take his order as it was a base 991 without many options. He claimed a couple dealers took his order but then cancelled it when they found another customer with a more expensive build. No idea if this is true, as I don’t know the guy very well, but it does make me pause a bit as I what I want is ~100K range. Any thoughts on the ordering process in Houston?

As an FYI, I just moved back to Houston and am living in the loop so Momentum would be easiest from a logistics standpoint, but logistics are only part of the equation.

Sorry for all the questions, and any feedback is appreciated!
Old 07-01-2012, 07:52 AM
toplabels
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well.....i live in el paso texas and just drove to houston two days ago to pick up my 991 from momentum. i have bought 3 cars from them in the past 2 years and as far as i am concerned they are great. please go see jennifer sullivan and tell her david from el paso sent you. i am driving back today with my 991 and cant tell you how impressed i am with the car and enjoyed very much meeting Jenn and the team at momentum. highly recommend them

as far as pricing cant complaint either closest to me is albuquerque porsche and they definietly dont want to do business with me. they wanted to give me pennies on the dollar for my trade and disounting the new vehicle are you kidding......i will continue to due business with momentum they have earned my business.

let me know how it went
Old 07-01-2012, 09:18 AM
Michael T
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

I have bought three Porsches from Rodger Gay at Porsche North Houston. He is very knowledgable and professional. I have a good friend whose family has bought three cars from Brandon Morris at Momentum and had a good experience each time. My wife and I go to Momemtum for service. Jeff Pollard is the service manager and a great guy.

Houston is a tighter market in general as the economy here is doing so well. A good gauge is to ask how long a car takes to order and build.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:13 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

I echo Michael's experience and the attributes he asserts for both Rodger and Jeff.
Old 07-01-2012, 01:37 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Live in Dallas but travel to Hou often. I've dealt w/ North Hou and West side. The latter quoted me an insane price for an aftermkt exhaust for my 997.2.

As far as pricing youre right. Texas is a tight mkt. In Dal 1-2% seems to be the norm. Good luck.

Last edited by kosmo; 07-01-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Houston_991
AutoX

I would strongly advise against using the West dealership. My experience there was poor; as mentioned in separate posts I had several issues with my 991, but the dealer managed to make a bad situation worse. They even sent me the wrong certificate of authenticity for my car, promised to send the correct one, but never did. Their sales guys are not very competent and, in my humble opinion, showed little regard for customer satisfaction or retention. The service guys are good people, but had trouble diagnosing and fixing my 991. Sonic owns both the 59 and West dealership. I have heard several good things about the 59 Momentum dealership. If you get to know the guys at 59, they will even tell you themselves that there are issues at the West store and several West customers have apparently decided to swap stores because of their poor experience at West. The North dealership, which is privately owned, is the only one in Houston rated by PCNA as a premium store. I will go there in future if I buy another Porsche.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:30 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

I would recommend the North Store though I purchased the last car from Momentum. The sales people at the north Houston location are guys that I have known for quite a while and have good reputations. The dealer is also an indy so it may help you in the negotiation process. I have heard some good things regarding them.
The second choice would be Momentum as they can handle the request with ease as well. Service is less than desirable in my opinion at they dont respond or update you unless you drop in unannounced and request the information again.
I would NOT recommend purchasing from Porsche West as I purchased from them previously and they are ill equpped to even put the trash out on time. This location should be sold to someone who is serious about selling a product such as this. Sales and service should never be attempted at this location ever.
You have the option to go online and negotiate a deal online in another state if discount is what you are looking for. Keep in mind that this car is still in demand so you wont get too large of a discount.

Good luck in your purchase..
Old 07-02-2012, 11:37 AM
7SPEED991
Track Day

Porsche West and Momentum Porsche are both owned by Sonic Automotive(Public Company). Porsche North Houston is privately owned and will most likely offer the best service. Sometimes best service and price don't go hand in hand. IMO pay for the service because its better to recieve quality service throughout the life of your car than to get a huge discount and be forgotten the second you drive away. Good luck
Old 07-07-2012, 03:10 AM
ska111000
5th Gear

Thanks to everyone for all the great feedback! I really appreciate it.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:06 PM
Alx P
3rd Gear

Just wanted to know how it went for you ska111000? Where did you end up purchasing. Going to be looking into leasing soon. Thanks!
Old 09-05-2012, 04:56 PM
BED997
Pro

Received 72 Likes on 45 Posts

These posts are interesting. I had the opposite experience with Brandon at momentum when I was looking.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:00 PM
Alx P
3rd Gear

BED997 who did you end up with and what dealership if you dont mind sharing?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:19 PM
docmalone
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Default ordering in Texas

For what it is worth, I just ordered a 2013 991 S cab from Autobahn in Fort Worth after getting the Plano, Dallas, and Fort Worth new car sales managers in a war for my business. I ended up with 5.25% off, but let me tell you these guys did not want to do it! They wanted to stay in the 3% range but I definitely won out when the competitive streak went wild. I would like to think I am a tough negotiator but honestly the delears just didn't want to lose a sure sell to their competitor.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Alx P
3rd Gear

docmalone - thanks for the insight. The last time I bought a Porsche was in 2006 and that time sales reps where fighting for your business. Seems to me things have changed. Lol!
Old 09-05-2012, 08:36 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

autobahn is great. Ask for John. Hes in the club.

Quick Reply: Houston