Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fun Facts about the 991 (please contribute)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 07:43 AM
Britdave
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I suppose that’s what it is ?
Old 04-15-2018, 08:05 AM
Pep!RRRR
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

All five of the Porsches I have owned do the higher rpm on start up, although I think it’s more like 1500 rpm max. The popular mythology is that it builds oil pressure quickly to avert damage.
The following users liked this post:
gheminway (09-07-2020)
Old 04-15-2018, 09:09 AM
n8kruger
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I think the high idle at startup is to warm the catalytic converters quicker and reducing emissions
Old 04-15-2018, 09:36 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by n8kruger
I think the high idle at startup is to warm the catalytic converters quicker and reducing emissions
Correct.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:20 PM
achtung6
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by .moo.
What kind of Mount is those? I see their iOttie but I can't find them on the website.
I used these two products:
Amazon Amazon

http://www.rennline.com/ExactFit-Mag...tinfo/PM01.04/

I'm very pleased with the setup as it's very quick to place the phone or remove it; a one handed operation for both. Once the phone is in the cradle it starts to charge right away with no cables (iphone X). I just wish the Rennline bracket placed the ball adapter to the right of the PCM instead of over the top of it. This does not make sense to me. I would like the ball about 1 inch to the right of it's present location. That would place the Ottie mount ideally. The left cup holder is obstructed even with the stock position of the Rennline mount so I don't understand why they didn't make the bend on the mount so the phone doesn't obstruct the PCM screen. If anyone knows a shop that can make a replica of this bracket that bends to the right instead of the left I'd be happy to buy one (I already asked Rennline if they would but they're not offering this at this time).
Old 04-15-2018, 11:24 PM
achtung6
Racer

When accelerating past the speed at which the spoiler deploys and when using the Sport Response button, the height of the spoiler is noticeably higher. The only way I can see the spoiler in the rearview mirror is under these conditions. I never see the spoiler any other time. I'm really liking the "push to pass" button!
Old 04-15-2018, 11:44 PM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Delete

Last edited by jimmymoO; 04-16-2018 at 03:26 AM.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:25 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

I'm confused, often, did you graft one onto the other? That, I can see as a clever idea.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:56 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Question- PDK car - earlier In this thread I learned a hard press of the brake pedal when stopped will engage the "hold" mode.
I like this at stop lights. After engaging the hold and removing foot from brake pedal do the brake lights stay illuminated? I would assume they do but dont want someone rolling up behind me and hitting me because my brake lights are not on.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:50 AM
feh
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
Question- PDK car - earlier In this thread I learned a hard press of the brake pedal when stopped will engage the "hold" mode.
I like this at stop lights. After engaging the hold and removing foot from brake pedal do the brake lights stay illuminated? I would assume they do but dont want someone rolling up behind me and hitting me because my brake lights are not on.
they certainly do stay on. I checked through reflections on the street.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:45 PM
Baymar
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

For track days/ DE events you can leave the AC on and blowing full blast. If necessary, the car will disengage the compressor automatically under full load. Previously, I was turning AC off during track runs as I thought it sapped a bit of the power - in the process sweating up a storm during hot weather conditions. Found out this feature at Barber Motorsports Park - Porsche Performance Driving School - makes hot track days much more comfortable.
The following users liked this post:
tx-911 (10-02-2021)
Old 04-17-2018, 04:05 PM
2000se
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

Ok, I'll add. Not sure if this has been mentioned or not (or is common for that matter) so forgive if it has. When in manual mode, a triangle appears on the dash when it thinks it should be shifted. Sitting in traffic I had it normal mode and manual, was slightly revving up 1st gear when the triangle appeared on the dash at about 2.5krpm. Let off gas and it went away. Did it again and push to 2nd, it also went away. Had to slow for traffic so didn't see it to 3rd. Shrugg....
Old 04-17-2018, 04:47 PM
achtung6
Racer

Originally Posted by _RS_
I'm confused, often, did you graft one onto the other? That, I can see as a clever idea.
That is correct. I mounted the Ottie cradle not on the on the suction cup mount it came with but instead mounted it on the Rennline ball and bracket.

So I have the Ottie suction cup mount left over as well as the magnetic "disc" the Rennline mount comes with as "spare parts".

The setup works great. I will find a way to get a bracket that places the entire setup about an inch to the right of the PCM and that will make it perfect (with the exception that the left cup holder is unusable no matter what you do).
Old 04-17-2018, 04:53 PM
achtung6
Racer

Originally Posted by .moo.
What kind of Mount is those? I see their iOttie but I can't find them on the website.
Hi Moo. Please have a look at my more recent posts. They should answer your question. If not, feel free to PM me directly.

Tony
Old 04-17-2018, 05:28 PM
jimmymoO
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by achtung6
That is correct. I mounted the Ottie cradle not on the on the suction cup mount it came with but instead mounted it on the Rennline ball and bracket.

So I have the Ottie suction cup mount left over as well as the magnetic "disc" the Rennline mount comes with as "spare parts".

The setup works great. I will find a way to get a bracket that places the entire setup about an inch to the right of the PCM and that will make it perfect (with the exception that the left cup holder is unusable no matter what you do).
Does the setup block you from using the cup holder?

Quick Reply: Fun Facts about the 991 (please contribute)