Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 & Brused Knees

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Zmoney3982
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I am 6'2'' and drive manual and have not experienced any problems with my left knee. Maybe this is because I'm a marathoner and know real knee pain. Or maybe because I'm not a *****.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:48 PM
jcf7
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmoney3982
I am 6'2'' and drive manual and have not experienced any problems with my left knee. Maybe this is because I'm a marathoner and know real knee pain. Or maybe because I'm not a *****.
No, you're a big boy. Not an idiot or a woman, 'cause you drive a stick shift. Yes you do! Congratulations.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:14 PM
speed21
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Abby Normal
Shouldn't bitches be wearing knee pads anyways? lol

Spent plenty of time on track in the 991 and have never bruised a knee on the door panel handle and I'm larger than 95% of the population on the planet.
lmao!

Maybe Porsche should provide a pillow option...
Old 04-29-2012, 11:39 PM
Zmoney3982
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

jcf,
must make your day to talk **** on a forum. have a good one. grow up.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:51 PM
C DeVito
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thread started to bash the 991 that needs to locked.... Hmmm

Maybe I was wrong to return to Rennlist.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:01 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by C DeVito

Dont worry about it. Sit back and enjoy the ride. The bashing here isnt nearly as prevalent as it is over on 6....and by the same serial offenders. Its quite entertaining really especially when most of these guys will be in 991's sooner or later. Then you won't be able to shut them up.

You could half understand the moans if they were comparing a 997GT3/RS or TT/GT2 etc...but a 997 or 997S? Laughable.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:31 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by C DeVito

Bashing? Hardly -- this is just one person asking if others found the speaker location intrusive for track driving. If not this kind of question to get shared experience, then what is a forum?

Anyway, MJones' other thread on PSDS was not bashing, it was quite level-headed and unbiased in tone and in the comparison with the 997S. Perhaps I'm reading between the lines because I've met him. Some folks might have gone tangential, but hardly what I'd call bashing.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:48 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Bashing? Hardly -- this is just one person asking if others found the speaker location intrusive for track driving. If not this kind of question to get shared experience, then what is a forum?

Anyway, MJones' other thread on PSDS was not bashing, it was quite level-headed and unbiased in tone and in the comparison with the 997S. Perhaps I'm reading between the lines because I've met him. Some folks might have gone tangential, but hardly what I'd call bashing.
Agree MJ wasn't bashing as such....mind you he's in a GT3 so fair cop. And this thread is informative about the misgivings of the new door trim design in a track environment, although it may not necessarily be an issue for everyone. Height, size, seating postion and the likes may well be triggers for the problem....dont know as i didnt experience it personally during my driving.

I read on another thread about someone complaining his left leg was hitting the base of the steering wheel, blaming it on the position of the new clutch pedal...

I guess if youve got super long legs and short arms this could well happen. The reality is Porsche can't design a car that eronomically accommodates 100% of the population....its an impossibility. So far they've done a pretty good job of accommodating for the wider masses idve said.

So as the problem of the sore knee is presenting as an issue for many in a track environment maybe a pillow option as part of a track package is in order on the next options list. Either that or a door trim redesign. Somethings got to give. But for anyone to say you wouldn't buy the car soley because of that issue is a stretch imho.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:52 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

If this or the MJones thread were the only examples, I don't think anyone would have an issue. If I had 30 minutes to waste I could easily link to dozens of examples of snarky comments bashing the 991 (as opposed to legitimate criticism and "shared experiences"), but it's simply not worth the effort; that ridiculous back and forth is a game that I no longer choose to play. But FWIW, we could at least be realistic and not pretend the bashing doesn't exist....
Old 04-30-2012, 01:06 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
If this or the MJones thread were the only examples, I don't think anyone would have an issue. If I had 30 minutes to waste I could easily link to dozens of examples of snarky comments bashing the 991 (as opposed to legitimate criticism and "shared experiences"), but it's simply not worth the effort; this ridiculous back and forth is a game that that I no longer choose to play. But FWIW, we could at least be realistic and not pretend the bashing doesn't exist....
So true..

And agree, to say repetitive bashing hasn't been going on is nonsense. It's funny how these serial offenders just can't manage to push their barrows over on the 997 section....
Old 04-30-2012, 01:48 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
If this or the MJones thread were the only examples, I don't think anyone would have an issue. If I had 30 minutes to waste I could easily link to dozens of examples of snarky comments bashing the 991 (as opposed to legitimate criticism and "shared experiences"), but it's simply not worth the effort; that ridiculous back and forth is a game that I no longer choose to play. But FWIW, we could at least be realistic and not pretend the bashing doesn't exist....
Originally Posted by speed21
So true..

And agree, to say repetitive bashing hasn't been going on is nonsense. It's funny how these serial offenders just can't manage to push their barrows over on the 997 section....
Are you directing this "nonsense" comment at me?

If you read my post, I'm describing two threads, not a whole forum, not a sweeping generalization, just two posts that started two threads, and I make the distinction that some other posts may have been off in different directions.

So I'll reinforce my comment by saying Danny DeVito's brother is simply wrong to choose a useful and contributory thread to stage a protest and complain about people disliking the new car, or to bemoan time wasted in visiting the site -- he didn't read the thread, or at least misunderstood what he did read and he didn't show the courtesy of reading his own words and removing the typo before posting.
Attached Images  
Old 04-30-2012, 01:53 AM
speed21
Banned

If you read my post, I'm describing two threads, not a whole forum, not a sweeping generalization, just two posts that started two threads, and I make the distinction that some other posts may have been off in different directions.

So I'll reinforce my comment by saying Danny DeVito's brother is simply wrong to choose a useful and contributory thread to stage a protest and complain about people disliking the new car, or to bemoan time wasted in visiting the site -- he didn't read the thread, or at least misunderstood what he did read and he didn't show the courtesy of reading his own words and removing the typo before posting.
No. My post was not directed at you at all. My post was a response to Mikes post and was basically a general observation hence my agreement to mikes observation.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:55 AM
DrJay
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmoney3982
Or maybe because I'm not a *****.
Are you sure? Your car is yellow...

Old 04-30-2012, 02:04 AM
speed21
Banned

Originally Posted by DrJay
Are you sure? Your car is yellow...

roflmao

...you guys are cracking me up with this ***** ****.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:25 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

You were apparently being specific, I was on a global tack.....apologies for any misunderstanding.

Quick Reply: 991 & Brused Knees